Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Know what this is? This is a picture, literally, of paint drying. This is my grow.

IMG_3848.jpeg

Put it in a smaller pot, add Co2, Cal Mag and provide 1000w of light.

4oz by morning

🤣🫠

Jeez @NickHardy, this looks like the kind of stuff someone might get if they wanted to take on a 5x5 competition, autos vs photos, winner based only on yield, both guys grow any strain and however they want with as many plants as they want. I don’t know how the auto guy would compete without taking extreme measures. What if the photo guy has CO2? It’s hardly a fair contest but if one were to ever participate in such a silly endeavor, this might give the auto guy a fighting chance. Looks kinda like (4) 4” high quality high output air stones, which might fit perfectly in the bottom of say, a 5-gallon bucket or something. And that appears to be (2) 8.5 watt adjustable output air pumps, the sort of pumps that could theoretically power two air stone buckets each. Maybe I should think about getting some stuff like this?
:rofl:

IMG_3854.jpeg

We are in the late planning stages for the first big grow in Pa. Heh. This will be a fun one. Since it’s sorta my coco farewell for photos before I become an LOS/organic ultra snob (@Azimuth is gonna show me the super annoying skills), I may as well go all out. So here’s what’s for sure and in place so far (caveat: timing permitting, 5x5 C may be replaced with a little friendly competition):

5x5 A
dankseeds sponsored tent
2 Cosmic Lemon Haze photos
2 Sweet Tea photos
7s or 10s
Coco/Remo

5x5 B
North Atlantic Seed Company sponsored tent
2 Super Silver Haze photos
2 the Brunch photos (Dirty Bird Genetics maiden strain offering - Peanut Butter Breath x Mimosa - this is the NASC dedicated genetics lab)
7s or 10s
Coco/Remo/Cyco

5x5 C
1 Cafe Racer photo
1 Chocolope photo
1 Apples and Bananas photo
1 MAC 1 photo
7s or 10s
Coco/Remo

I have (2) 3x3s and (1) 2x4 to figure out yet, all three of those will house autos.

Getting there.

We are in the late planning stages for the first big grow in Pa. Heh. This will be a fun one. Since it’s sorta my coco farewell for photos before I become an LOS/organic ultra snob (@Azimuth is gonna show me the super annoying skills), I may as well go all out. So here’s what’s for sure and in place so far (caveat: timing permitting, 5x5 C may be replaced with a little friendly competition):

5x5 A
dankseeds sponsored tent
2 Sweet Tea photos
7s or 10s
Coco/Remo

5x5 B
2 the Brunch photos (Dirty Bird Genetics maiden strain offering - Peanut Butter Breath x Mimosa - this is the NASC dedicated genetics lab)
7s or 10s
Coco/Remo/Cyco

5x5 C
1 Cafe Racer photo
1 Chocolope photo
1 MAC 1 photo
7s or 10s
Coco/Remo

I have (2) 3x3s and (1) 2x4 to figure out yet, all three of those will house autos.

Getting there.
Tent city 😳🤯

Okay, here's what I came up with for the Psycho nutes (I changed the spelling to make it neither searchable nor non-sponsor promoting!).

First off, Jon asked me to run the numbers for hydro, and they have two different charts for that (one basic, one advanced). He said he was going to run his in the middle, but I thought I would run them separately and let him decide which way he wants to go.

I only ran the final veg and final bloom numbers, figuring it was easy to dilute them down for the earlier weeks, and also I'm not getting paid for this. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I ran these for 1L as listed on their instructions, so while the numbers would be the same if he multiplies their feed amounts by 3.8 to make a gallon, multiplying them by 4 as they suggest will produce different numbers, all higher!

[NB: I'm not here to defend any grow method, nute line, set of ratios, or recommendations. All the opinions are mine alone, agree or disagree, and I've put them in brackets. Also, the ingredients in these bottles are the same as almost every other synthetic nutrient line out there. Lastly, I only included bottles that contained at least one element listed, so products with just humics (for example) are not in here.]

Basic Veg mix week 6:
140-32-186, with Ca at 120, Mg at 21, S at 0, and Si at 0.

[To my eyes the N, K, and Ca are too high, and the Mg, S, and Si are too low. I would fix that part with epsom salts and monosilicic acid.]

Advanced Veg mix week 6:
160-38-246 with with Ca at 120, Mg at 21, S at 0, and Si at 30.

[Same as above but higher, however, there is a more reasonable amount of Si.]

Next up, the Bloom numbers.

Basic Flower mix week 8:
145-124-315, with Ca at 90, Mg at 25, S at 0, and Si at 30.

[I say not enough N, too much P, too much K, not enough Ca or Mg, and why don't they believe that sulfur is involved in terpene production?]

Advanced Flower mix week 8:
191-147-425 with with Ca at 90, Mg at 30, S at 0, and Si at 60.

[I'm struck dumb with these numbers.]

None of these even includes their Potash Plus, used for flower weeks 1-4 at 0-4-6. LMK if you need to know what that does to the mix.

I also have to mention that there are no micros in here at all: zero boron, zinc, iron, manganese, or copper.

It's all yours Jon! :slide:

Okay, here's what I came up with for the Psycho nutes (I changed the spelling to make it neither searchable nor non-sponsor promoting!).

First off, Jon asked me to run the numbers for hydro, and they have two different charts for that (one basic, one advanced). He said he was going to run his in the middle, but I thought I would run them separately and let him decide which way he wants to go.

I only ran the final veg and final bloom numbers, figuring it was easy to dilute them down for the earlier weeks, and also I'm not getting paid for this. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I ran these for 1L as listed on their instructions, so while the numbers would be the same if he multiplies their feed amounts by 3.8 to make a gallon, multiplying them by 4 as they suggest will produce different numbers, all higher!

[NB: I'm not here to defend any grow method, nute line, set of ratios, or recommendations. All the opinions are mine alone, agree or disagree, and I've put them in brackets. Also, the ingredients in these bottles are the same as almost every other synthetic nutrient line out there. Lastly, I only included bottles that contained at least one element listed, so products with just humics (for example) are not in here.]

Basic Veg mix week 6:
140-32-186, with Ca at 120, Mg at 21, S at 0, and Si at 0.

[To my eyes the N, K, and Ca are too high, and the Mg, S, and Si are too low. I would fix that part with epsom salts and monosilicic acid.]

Advanced Veg mix week 6:
160-38-246 with with Ca at 120, Mg at 21, S at 0, and Si at 30.

[Same as above but higher, however, there is a more reasonable amount of Si.]

Next up, the Bloom numbers.

Basic Flower mix week 8:
145-124-315, with Ca at 90, Mg at 25, S at 0, and Si at 30.

[I say too much P, too much K, not enough Ca or Mg, and why don't they believe that sulfur is involved in terpene production?]

Advanced Flower mix week 8:
191-147-425 with with Ca at 90, Mg at 30, S at 0, and Si at 60.

[I'm struck dumb with these numbers.]

None of these even includes their Potash Plus, used flower weeks 1-4 at 0-4-6. LMK if you need to know what that does to the mix.

I also have to mention that there are no micros in here at all: zero boron, zinc, iron, manganese, or copper.

It's all yours Jon! :slide:
Ah! Thanks @InTheShed! That is greatly appreciated, as is your take on the nutes (good job on completely neutral commentary except where otherwise noted, lol). Very interesting. I’ll be curious to hear how others more educated than me might view these numbers.

Jeez @NickHardy, this looks like the kind of stuff someone might get if they wanted to take on a 5x5 competition, autos vs photos, winner based only on yield, both guys grow any strain and however they want with as many plants as they want. I don’t know how the auto guy would compete without taking extreme measures. What if the photo guy has CO2? It’s hardly a fair contest but if one were to ever participate in such a silly endeavor, this might give the auto guy a fighting chance. Looks kinda like (4) 4” high quality high output air stones, which might fit perfectly in the bottom of say, a 5-gallon bucket or something. And that appears to be (2) 8.5 watt adjustable output air pumps, the sort of pumps that could theoretically power two air stone buckets each. Maybe I should think about getting some stuff like this?
:rofl:

IMG_3854.jpeg
I brought the vivosun 100w air pump its runs 12 air stones in my set-up and they all bubble flat out ,its a good aerator.

Ah! Thanks @InTheShed! That is greatly appreciated, as is your take on the nutes (good job on completely neutral commentary except where otherwise noted, lol). Very interesting. I’ll be curious to hear how others more educated than me might view these numbers.
So Shed, based on these numbers, would you expect to see leaf burning and curling a la non-adjusted Remo?

I brought the vivosun 100w air pump its runs 12 air stones in my set-up and they all bubble flat out ,its a good aerator.
Yeah, you’re much more committed than me on that front. I could have gone with one pump but I wanted a bit of flexibility.

That and bragging rights in the competition with Nick for who has the most interesting apparatus. :laughtwo:
@Azimuth - He should, if we do this, destroy me. Should. Doesn’t mean he will. But he should. I would. Lose to an auto tent with photos? Lmao. Not in a million years. Christ, he’ll probably beat me with fricking Solos. But….i do think I can make it competitive. Hope it works out. We’ve had a blast planning it and going back and forth on parameters, strains, etc. We’re both in and it’s just for fun. Just a matter of timing. Apparently others have tried this before and the thread/journal dissolved into bickering and partisanship. That’s completely silly, and me and Nick are completely immune to that garbage. It’ll be fun and entertaining and will at a minimum show a pretty significant contrast in grow styles.

5x5 A
dankseeds sponsored tent
2 Sweet Tea photos
7s or 10s
Coco/Remo

5x5 B
7s or 10s
Coco/Remo/Cyco

5x5 C
1 Cafe Racer photo
1 Chocolope photo
1 MAC 1 photo
7s or 10s
Coco/Remo

Getting there.
I don’t get it? I count 12 plants and looks like 3 5x5 tents? I’m missing something?

or A, B and C are just sections in the one 5x5 you’ll use to grow 12 in?

🤣

@Azimuth - He should, if we do this, destroy me. Should. Doesn’t mean he will. But he should. I would. Lose to an auto tent with photos? Lmao. Not in a million years. Christ, he’ll probably beat me with fricking Solos. But….i do think I can make it competitive. Hope it works out. We’ve had a blast planning it and going back and forth on parameters, strains, etc. We’re both in and it’s just for fun. Just a matter of timing. Apparently others have tried this before and the thread/journal dissolved into bickering and partisanship. That’s completely silly, and me and Nick are completely immune to that garbage. It’ll be fun and entertaining and will at a minimum show a pretty significant contrast in grow styles.
I ordered 12 Barney’s Farm GSC, its not a new strain but its new to Barney’s Was gonna run them in my 5x5.

Jon’s response

“Its a fairly pedestrian strain” 🤣🤣🤣

So I think to even it up I might pop the 25 Canuk Gorilla x Banner Regular seeds. They’ve been discontinued already so not filled with promise 😂

Or got my eyes on a couple of other things.

I’ll be 12x photos in the giant 3 litre solos, coco with 1000w Meijiu. (Unless my current grow like that fails!)

Be fun.
<Voice over man>

“Coming to a Journal Near You… in early 2024…”

Nick

Back
Top Bottom