Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Fair comment.

I was mulling it earlier. Not quite that level. I was looking at the relative growth rates today.

Assuming the light is fixed at say 5pm and there will be no light for up to an hour I have a few choices.

#1 Rotate the pallet tomorrow morning first thing. Me and The Lad are doing HVAC stuff tomorrow anyway, it would be ten minutes to un collar the drippers and spin it. BONUS - shave their legs with a razor blade the same time.

#2 As above but take upstairs to the flower room during the maintenance period. This works because after doing the HVAC we’re gonna get the flower room ready for 20 new girls we’re gonna up pot tomorrow. But there is a bigger problem with the light we’ll delay the up pot and they’ll have to move to 730w @Mars Hydro FC6500’s

#3 The left side had a couple of smaller plants on it already. The switch back to pure 5000k seems to *maybe have given the shorties a catch up so do nothing (but likely move them upstairs for an hour or so anyway.

We lost all the last of the white fly today. Its why I randomly harvested that baby Auto - it was the last area with white fly. Its up stairs near the flower room. By killing it and pressure washing that balcony reckon we’re rid of it , finally.

So yep thought about it. But probably not every 4 hours!
Hey @Jon I made a decision on this.

If the tutu @Azimuth made me order had arrived then spinning every 4 hours - I’d have had the correct outfit. But think #3 works best.

Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

Loving these large, metal drip pans I found. See how they hold a ten? I have four of these, and they’ll hold a 15 easily! Yay!
IMG_3795.jpeg
Had a heck of a time finding 15" drip pans for my 3 gals & 5 gal bags, bought 12", 10", dang. SSgrower

hey guys i have trim and jar my buds today want to share them with u not much but im happy next time will be tripple or more this size ^^

22g from my small plant and 65 from the bif with 13g left overs not so bad considering my small tent and light i started the grow poor lady's didnt have much space

hey guys i have trim and jar my buds today want to share them with u not much but im happy next time will be tripple or more this size ^^

22g from my small plant and 65 from the bif with 13g left overs not so bad considering my small tent and light i started the grow poor lady's didnt have much space
a little over 2 oz for your first time NICE! looks tasty enjoy your work

Very nice @rehabilitatora420 !! Your very first harvest ever! I think you did great. Your buds look quite sticky and I’m sure you’ll enjoy them. The yield will come as you continue on - just worry about making healthy plants from here on out. That’s your task now - healthy plants! Thanks so much for sharing your first grow here and letting me help you out a little. My favorite part was our partial calmag save at the end! You learned ton. We are looking forward to your first grow journal!!!

Morning @Gee64 - feel like fielding a question or two? Heh. Thanks.

I’m thinking about when I get up to Pa and the first order of business after getting the tents and infrastructure in place is creating my first LOS attempt. Since it is my first attempt I am going to make 20 gallons (or 21) - enough for two 10s or three 7s. I don’t want to make more just to find my mix sucks. Also that should give me a decent idea of how to tweak it for a larger batch. So starting there, my questions are these:

- should I use the eight gallons of used soil I will have from the Skywalker 7 and the two 1/2 gallon plants? In that scenario I’d mix that 8 gallons with 12 of FFOF.
- if I do use it, I guess I need to cut up/break up/shred the roots as best I can?
- I have two ingredient lists for the LOS, yours and my Yoda’s. Will using the used soil affect the proportions or ingredients? Or would it remain the same even if I were using 20 gallons of FFOF?
- is it okay to keep it moist and keep it indoors where I can ensure a consistent upper 70s environment? Or is sunlight necessary for some reason?
- should I add all the ingredients at the same time, all at once?
- should I wait until I see fuzzy mold on the surface before I mix it each time, or how often should I mix it while it percolates?
- will one big grow’s worth of time be enough time for my mix to percolate so I can use it the very next grow after that?

That’s a couple. Lol. Thanks again.

Skywalker Flower 64

Cherry Pie 113

Blackberry Moonrocks 93
Looks like the Sky and the Blackberry are on about the same schedule with the Cherry Pie bringing up the rear?

Morning @Gee64 - feel like fielding a question or two? Heh. Thanks.

I’m thinking about when I get up to Pa and the first order of business after getting the tents and infrastructure in place is creating my first LOS attempt. Since it is my first attempt I am going to make 20 gallons (or 21) - enough for two 10s or three 7s. I don’t want to make more just to find my mix sucks. Also that should give me a decent idea of how to tweak it for a larger batch. So starting there, my questions are these:

- should I use the eight gallons of used soil I will have from the Skywalker 7 and the two 1/2 gallon plants? In that scenario I’d mix that 8 gallons with 12 of FFOF.
I would for sure.
- if I do use it, I guess I need to cut up/break up/shred the roots as best I can?
yes. The soil closest to the roots has the best biology in it, so get the rootball soil in the mix too. Break the roots up as small as you can and bury them under for the cooking.
- I have two ingredient lists for the LOS, yours and my Yoda’s. Will using the used soil affect the proportions or ingredients? Or would it remain the same even if I were using 20 gallons of FFOF?
treat used soil the same as FFOF. Used soil or FF is just a whole bunch of organic base mix that you will amend and cook.
- is it okay to keep it moist and keep it indoors where I can ensure a consistent upper 70s environment? Or is sunlight necessary for some reason?
Keep it as moist as a watered pot the day before you water, so damp but not soggy, and in the dark.
- should I add all the ingredients at the same time, all at once?
I do. I mix in the calciums 1st just to get them homogenous, then the rest, but I don't know if that matters, it's just how I do it. I don't cook it in though, I just blend the calciums in, then immediately start on the rest. Once it's all blended then it cooks.
- should I wait until I see fuzzy mold on the surface before I mix it each time, or how often should I mix it while it percolates?
I usually mix it every 10-14 days for 2 months. Irregardless of myco fuzz. It comes and goes.
- will one big grow’s worth of time be enough time for my mix to percolate so I can use it the very next grow after that?
In a room temperature room with proper moisture, 2 months is plenty, but longer won't hurt if your grow goes 3 or 4 months.
That’s a couple. Lol. Thanks again.
No Problem Kemosabe👊 You are welcome😊

I would for sure.

yes. The soil closest to the roots has the best biology in it, so get the roitball soil in the mix too. Break the roots up as small as you can and bury them under for the cooking.

treat used soil the same as FFOF. Used soil or FF is just a whole bunch of organic base mix that you will ammend and cook.

Keep it as moist as a watered pot the day before you water, so damp but not soggy, and in the dark.

I do. I mix in the calciums 1st just to get them homogenous, then the rest, but I don't know if that matters, it's just how I do it. I don't cook it in though, I just blend the calciums in, then immediately start on the rest. Once it's all blended then it cooks.

I usually mix it every 10-14 days for 2 months. Irregardless of myco fuzz. It comes and goes.

In a room temperature room with proper moisture, 2 months is plenty, but longer won't hurt if your grow goes 3 or 4 months.

No Problem Kemosabe👊 You are welcome😊
Thanks @Gee64! As usual, very thorough and much appreciated!

It looks like somebody's getting some hard time in trim-jail pretty quick!🤣 The Gals look good Jon. That CP has a ton on it😍👊
True, but you’d be surprised. The CP buds are big and super dense and very evenly shaped. She’ll be a cake trim. Same with the Blackberry Moonrocks - easy trim I can already see. The Skywalker is as well, but she’s my first semi organic nice plant, I’ll take my sweet time trimming her. Show trim. Contest winning trim. I may even do my longer term dry/cure thing with her, haven’t pulled out the big big guns in a while.

Back
Top Bottom