Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

That’s the spirit @con! And btw - I feel the same way about my journals to this day. But just so you know - sometimes people vote for GJOTM for other reasons than you might think. I won GJOTM on my first grow on the forum (2nd overall) and my very first ever grow journal. I knew nothing and made idiotic assertions all over it. My photography was subpar at best. My grow went totally south and I hermies an entire 5x5 scrog. It was a joke and a disaster. But it won GJOTM. Why? Certainly not for brilliant content or awesome pictures. Not for teaching anyone anything. I believe it won because folks appreciated my interest level, my excitement, my whatever. It was something about the fact that it was a first try and I was into it. Idk. All I’m saying is, you have as good a chance as anyone. Journal winners may be all about content, but often they are about other stuff.
I won for a very similar journal, and possibly the lowest voting turnout ever. It finished 4-4-5 - I don’t think the only 3 people reading it voted for it 🤣

I won for a very similar journal, and possibly the lowest voting turnout ever. It finished 4-4-5 - I don’t think the only 3 people reading it voted for it 🤣
Lmao! I cheated. I got really lucky. I was here before I started the grow for about a month. In that first month here, the very first person I met, and my first Sensei here, was Emilya. She was pretty much my main person I talked to and asked questions of. Tons. In her journal. So a few people saw me constantly pestering her, which people tend not to do to Emilya. I guess I got noticed or something, cuz when I started the journal I had like 8-10 people right away. I thought I was in the coolest place ever…for a minute. Lmao!!!!

That’s the spirit @con! And btw - I feel the same way about my journals to this day. But just so you know - sometimes people vote for GJOTM for other reasons than you might think. I won GJOTM on my first grow on the forum (2nd overall) and my very first ever grow journal. I knew nothing and made idiotic assertions all over it. My photography was subpar at best. My grow went totally south and I hermies an entire 5x5 scrog. It was a joke and a disaster. But it won GJOTM. Why? Certainly not for brilliant content or awesome pictures. Not for teaching anyone anything. I believe it won because folks appreciated my interest level, my excitement, my whatever. It was something about the fact that it was a first try and I was into it. Idk. All I’m saying is, you have as good a chance as anyone. Journal winners may be all about content, but often they are about other stuff.
true enough @Jon we are all here for many reasons & learning a lot & feeling more comfortable,

Lmao! I cheated. I got really lucky. I was here before I started the grow for about a month. In that first month here, the very first person I met, and my first Sensei here, was Emilya. She was pretty much my main person I talked to and asked questions of. Tons. In her journal. So a few people saw me constantly pestering her, which people tend not to do to Emilya. I guess I got noticed or something, cuz when I started the journal I had like 8-10 people right away. I thought I was in the coolest place ever…for a minute. Lmao!!!!
I won second nomination, the first month I got one vote from Mars Hydro who I think might have nominated me, I had their name in the journal title. Literally one vote 🤣

Still I’d been nominated! Was well chuffed!

unrelated but very cool post….

So I went up to the restaurant here for dinner. We have to spend x amount there a month. I’m coming back, in my electric wheelchair and I see what I thought was a large branch lying in the road. I realized as I was five feet from it and going around it that it was not, in fact, a branch.

IMG_3801.jpeg

So I went up to the restaurant here for dinner. We have to spend x amount there a month. I’m coming back, in my electric wheelchair and I see what I thought was a large branch lying in the road. I realized as I was five feet from it and going around it that it was not, in fact, a branch.

IMG_3801.jpeg
I was reading a year or two ago that you now have salt water crocodiles in the everglades. Unlike the non indigenous snakes that got released as unwanted pets and bred like crazy the salt water crocs (will kill gators for fun) actually migrated. They got some tagged ones crossing from Australia. They reckon they basically went into a type of hibernation and used ocean currents or something.

If you go down to the ‘glades today,
You’re in for a big surprise…

What did you do? Presumably on your chair it was hit flame thrower and engage turbo to 55mph to get home safely 😂

IMG_3801.jpeg
Lol nice speed bump, Gator boots & belt, heard they're pretty tasty CHOOT EM as Troy Landry would say

I won second nomination, the first monthI got one vote from Mars Hydro who I think might have nominated me, I had their name in the journal title. Literally one vote 🤣

Still I’d been nominated! Was well chuffed!
Being nominated is what it’s all about. That IS the win.

I was reading a year or two ago that you now have salt water crocodiles in the everglades. Unlike the non indigenous snakes that got released as unwanted pets and bred like crazy the salt water crocs (will kill gators for fun) actually migrated. They got some tagged ones crossing from Australia. They reckon they basically went into a type hibernation and used ocean currents or something.

If you go down to the ‘glades today,
You’re in for a big surprise…

What did you do? Presumably on your chair it was hit flame thrower and engage turbo to 55mph to get home safely 😂
I went way wide of it, stopped, assessed it as chilling, went back to about 15’ or maybe 12’ away, snapped the picture, then high-tailed it outta there at exactly 6.1 mph.
:rofl:

Lol nice speed bump, Gator boots & belt, heard they're pretty tasty CHOOT EM as Troy Landry would say
Eaten it plenty. It’s okay. I wouldn’t say it’s good really. It’s way too chewy for my taste. Kind of a cross between snake and chicken.

Eaten it plenty. It’s okay. I wouldn’t say it’s good really. It’s way too chewy for my taste. Kind of a cross between snake and chicken.
For an animal that tastes like a lot of other things the chicken gets the raw end of the deal 🤣🤣🤣

I went way wide of it, stopped, assessed it as chilling, went back to about 15’ or maybe 12’ away, snapped the picture, then high-tailed it outta there at exactly 6.1 mph.
:rofl:
Imagine being blind walking up to it and tapping it with ya cain 😳🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

every thing tastes good with a shit load of garlic Mmmmm!

Is gator like Crocs? You only eat the tail?

Had it a few times. Like chicken with a tang of fish for me. (I eat actual fish I puke unless tuna sashimi) Chewy although I had crocodile carpaccio a couple of times which was OK.

Could have had snake in HK my then girlfriend said don’t bother tastes too fishy for you. Also there they don’t eat the snake meat, they just make a soup from it.

Croc Is OK popular in South Africa, I guess, up through bits of East Africa, Kenya say. Certainly not everyone sells it but its there to be had. Of all the weirder meats ostrich is the one though. That can be amazing. Eh, @Table Mountain Sativa Co ? A chef and a Seed breeder is Matt.

Is gator like Crocs? You only eat the tail?

Had it a few times. Like chicken with a tang of fish for me. (I eat actual fish I puke unless tuna sashimi) Chewy although I had crocodile carpaccio a couple of times which was OK.

Could have had snake in HK my then girlfriend said don’t bother tastes too fishy for you. Also there they don’t eat the snake meat, they just make a soup from it.

Croc Is OK popular in South Africa, I guess, up through bits of East Africa, Kenya say. Certainly not everyone sells it but its there to be had. Of all the weirder meats ostrich is the one though. That can be amazing. Eh, @Table Mountain Sativa Co ? A chef and a Seed breeder is Matt.
I killed a tiger snake while camping years ago (very venomous) and cooked it over the fire and tasted it it wasn't bad ,tasted like human.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Got ya only joking, but did eat it wasn't bad

Back
Top Bottom