Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

i feel like a pussy Lol! i guess i gotta find my nads today or tomorrow to start in a smaller container, today is day 2 of some seeds i have germinating
Can’t hurt to try if you want!

yeah i gotta go out today so i'll see if i can find some solos clear & a solid color might, as well learn this part
Here’s a trick: slice the clear cup in half top to bottom before you put it inside the colored cup. Then when you go to up pot, you can be even gentler than pulling it out of a Solo. Simply remove half the cup and you’re free. It works great.

Cherry Pie Auto

Now that we’re back to regular full spectrum we can see her in her actual colors.

IMG_3797.jpeg

IMG_3798.jpeg

Northern Lights Auto
Day 21
Uppotting Follow Up

Here we are at 9:30 am, 3-1/2 hours since uppotting. See what I meant? She’ll be praying by noon! The plant literally didn’t know it or feel the transition in the least. No stress, no mess. Now she will take off like crazy.

IMG_3794.jpeg
Man, you do grow some happy plants!

Been painting my daughter's room all day (she moved out back in October)
Without meaning to offend - did your daughter get the Shed DNA lashes. I mean for a woman that’s a lifetimes savings in mascara right there!
Man, you do grow some happy plants!
What are you now? Some plant Social Services? Treat ‘em mean and keep ‘em keen 😂

Tutus and dances, oh my Buddha 🤣

Without meaning to offend - did your daughter get the Shed DNA lashes. I mean for a woman that’s a lifetimes savings in mascara right there!

What are you now? Some plant Social Services? Treat ‘em mean and keep ‘em keen 😂

Tutus and dances, oh my Buddha 🤣
We of course assume that as long as you have a light side and a dark side cuz of your light situation, you have been and will continue to rotate the plants every four hours. Right? That’s what a professional would do so I’m assuming you are as well?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

yes i will be journaling it in the one i have going now & just going to add it in instead of starting a new journal
If you do you will not be eligible for grow journal of the month, just saying

Here’s a trick: slice the clear cup in half top to bottom before you put it inside the colored cup. Then when you go to up pot, you can be even gentler than pulling it out of a Solo. Simply remove half the cup and you’re free. It works great.
i don't think i'll cut them in half i'm just gonna pull em out like a pro like you guys Lol!

We of course assume that as long as you have a light side and a dark side cuz of your light situation, you have been and will continue to rotate the plants every four hours. Right? That’s what a professional would do so I’m assuming you are as well?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Fair comment.

I was mulling it earlier. Not quite that level. I was looking at the relative growth rates today.

Assuming the light is fixed at say 5pm and there will be no light for up to an hour I have a few choices.

#1 Rotate the pallet tomorrow morning first thing. Me and The Lad are doing HVAC stuff tomorrow anyway, it would be ten minutes to un collar the drippers and spin it. BONUS - shave their legs with a razor blade the same time.

#2 As above but take upstairs to the flower room during the maintenance period. This works because after doing the HVAC we’re gonna get the flower room ready for 20 new girls we’re gonna up pot tomorrow. But there is a bigger problem with the light we’ll delay the up pot and they’ll have to move to 730w @Mars Hydro FC6500’s

#3 The left side had a couple of smaller plants on it already. The switch back to pure 5000k seems to *maybe have given the shorties a catch up so do nothing (but likely move them upstairs for an hour or so anyway.

We lost all the last of the white fly today. Its why I randomly harvested that baby Auto - it was the last area with white fly. Its up stairs near the flower room. By killing it and pressure washing that balcony reckon we’re rid of it , finally.

So yep thought about it. But probably not every 4 hours!

Lol! thanks Joe but i don't see any of my journals being detailed & interesting enough to win GJOTM
For me its the best contest. I try and read all the nominated journals. Its the most commitment to write one. But reading loads gives me ideas to apply to my stuff.

Everyone has a great journal in them.

Give it a shot and tag me and I’ll hang out and make lame jokes. I’d like to say I can offer more. But that’s about it 😂

For me its the best contest. I try and read all the nominated journals. Its the most commitment to write one. But reading loads gives me ideas to apply to my stuff.

Everyone has a great journal in them.

Give it a shot and tag me and I’ll hang out and make lame jokes. I’d like to say I can offer more. But that’s about it 😂
Thanks Nick i'll start a new journal & send a tag, lame jokes & experienced PPL more than welcome

Thanks Nick i'll start a new journal & send a tag, lame jokes & experienced PPL more than welcome
Cool cool!

You got me for lame jokes, Azi for dress up, then Jon, Gee, Shed, Keffka, Carmen, Stone, GV and of course Joe B for experience.

#Winning

You never know when you or someone in your journal does something odd or fantastic that elevates it to very interesting. Can be simply a plant that cooperates fully and you're having a super good grow.
As long as you're having fun, keep that in the background, but do keep separate journals. Ya never know!

That’s the spirit @con! And btw - I feel the same way about my journals to this day. But just so you know - sometimes people vote for GJOTM for other reasons than you might think. I won GJOTM on my first grow on the forum (2nd overall) and my very first ever grow journal. I knew nothing and made idiotic assertions all over it. My photography was subpar at best. My grow went totally south and I hermies an entire 5x5 scrog. It was a joke and a disaster. But it won GJOTM. Why? Certainly not for brilliant content or awesome pictures. Not for teaching anyone anything. I believe it won because folks appreciated my interest level, my excitement, my whatever. It was something about the fact that it was a first try and I was into it. Idk. All I’m saying is, you have as good a chance as anyone. Journal winners may be all about content, but often they are about other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom