Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Wilson is fine Absorber, I run Canna Coco base A&B only, rest of their line is too expensive and what does it do? So, I use Rooted Leaf by Agritech Cla/Mag Fuel, only 1 time a week and their Silica Skin most of the run. They seem to play nice with each other and my photo period Baja Blast really blew up in my 3x3. I am sold on Canna because it will play nice with supplement's as it has Cal in the part A & Magnesium in the B. That timing for you guys Phosphate XL is timed right in my studies. I use Fox Farm Big Bloom later in flower for more K. Last 2 weeks just A&B, so easy. SSgrower

Uppotting Autos Jon Style
A Pictorial Step by Step
One More Time for the Uninitiated to Uppotting

Uppotting autos is the same exact thing for me as uppotting photos. The only difference is that with photos I would tend to wait a bit longer and let the roots develop on the wrap around the root ball a little more. I just uppotted the Northern Lights Auto, from a 1 gallon starter pot to a 10 gallon cloth pot. Here it is step by step.

1. Prepped pot, extra medium for topping off, PB week 2 feed, which is the week she’s on.

2. Place plant in center of pot and pile up prepped medium around pot. In the second picture you can see how far above the main pot I place the starter pot.

3. Backfill.

4. Water down the edge of the starter pot so that the hole stays together properly when the starter pot is removed. Tamp down lightly around pot edge.

5. Remove pot, revealing your perfectly sized and ready hole, and sprinkle Great White (or Dynomoco, or whatever myco you choose, and you can also coat the root ball itself when removed from the starter pot and before dropping in hole). This will help your roots take off.

6. Remove plant from starter pot slowly and carefully. Here’s what it looked like when removed. Note that the wrapped around roots are minimal, although these are pretty damn sweet I must say. I could have done this three or four days ago.

7. Drop into hole and finish top/backfill.

8. Water generously but not to runoff right at the seam where the starter pot medium meets the new medium, all around the whole pot.

9. Place in tent! It’s about 6 am here now. I’ll post this plant this afternoon and she will be praying and humming as if it never happened.

I turned off the reds/flower booster on the G8 C3. Full spectrum for veg, no extra reds. The Cherry Pie has had plenty of reds, she can finish out at full spectrum.

I am a big proponent of uppotting autos. It’s just 100x easier to begin them in a small pot, especially in soil, but in coco too. That way you can easily control watering and ensure you don’t over or underwater. Sure, you can start in the final if you like, I’ve done it. But you then have to water much more carefully and accurately for a while and it takes weeks before you can douse the pot. Not so if you uppot. if you uppot, you are effectively giving the plant a real nice boost into the final medium/pot. The rate of growth overall, imho, is better this way than starting in the final container. The chances of gaining a day or three of veg time dramatically improves.

That’s my two cents for what it’s worth. Hope there’s some inexperienced uppotters out there to see this and perhaps gain a little different perspective. Some folks feel serious trepidation about uppotting in general and especially with autos. It’s not necessary. Try it if you haven’t before!

Wilson is fine Absorber, I run Canna Coco base A&B only, rest of their line is too expensive and what does it do? So, I use Rooted Leaf by Agritech Cla/Mag Fuel, only 1 time a week and their Silica Skin most of the run. They seem to play nice with each other and my photo period Baja Blast really blew up in my 3x3. I am sold on Canna because it will play nice with supplement's as it has Cal in the part A & Magnesium in the B. That timing for you guys Phosphate XL is timed right in my studies. I use Fox Farm Big Bloom later in flower for more K. Last 2 weeks just A&B, so easy. SSgrower
Nice @SSgrower - I’m starting to feel like you. - it’s the bases of the nute packages that are important and you can add and tweak from there. And yeah - how much do the extra ingredients really do? I did try Fox Farms three ways when I first started, one with just the bases, one with the orange ingredients on the chart added, and then finally with all three including the purple feed chart ingredients. It did get better each time but the difference was nominal at best.

Uppotting Autos Jon Style
A Pictorial Step by Step
One More Time for the Uninitiated to Uppotting

Uppotting autos is the same exact thing for me as uppotting photos. The only difference is that with photos I would tend to wait a bit longer and let the roots develop on the wrap around the root ball a little more. I just uppotted the Northern Lights Auto, from a 1 gallon starter pot to a 10 gallon cloth pot. Here it is step by step.

1. Prepped pot, extra medium for topping off, PB week 2 feed, which is the week she’s on.

2. Place plant in center of pot and pile up prepped medium around pot. In the second picture you can see how far above the main pot I place the starter pot.

3. Backfill.

4. Water down the edge of the starter pot so that the hole stays together properly when the starter pot is removed. Tamp down lightly around pot edge.

5. Remove pot, revealing your perfectly sized and ready hole, and sprinkle Great White (or Dynomoco, or whatever myco you choose, and you can also coat the root ball itself when removed from the starter pot and before dropping in hole). This will help your roots take off.

6. Remove plant from starter pot slowly and carefully. Here’s what it looked like when removed. Note that the wrapped around roots are minimal, although these are pretty damn sweet I must say. I could have done this three or four days ago.

7. Drop into hole and finish top/backfill.

8. Water generously but not to runoff right at the seam where the starter pot medium meets the new medium, all around the whole pot.

9. Place in tent! It’s about 6 am here now. I’ll post this plant this afternoon and she will be praying and humming as if it never happened.

I turned off the reds/flower booster on the G8 C3. Full spectrum for veg, no extra reds. The Cherry Pie has had plenty of reds, she can finish out at full spectrum.

I am a big proponent of uppotting autos. It’s just 100x easier to begin them in a small pot, especially in soil, but in coco too. That way you can easily control watering and ensure you don’t over or underwater. Sure, you can start in the final if you like, I’ve done it. But you then have to water much more carefully and accurately for a while and it takes weeks before you can douse the pot. Not so if you uppot. if you uppot, you are effectively giving the plant a real nice boost into the final medium/pot. The rate of growth overall, imho, is better this way than starting in the final container. The chances of gaining a day or three of veg time dramatically improves.

That’s my two cents for what it’s worth. Hope there’s some inexperienced uppotters out there to see this and perhaps gain a little different perspective. Some folks feel serious trepidation about uppotting in general and especially with autos. It’s not necessary. Try it if you haven’t before!
Nice little demonstration 👍

Nice @SSgrower - I’m starting to feel like you. - it’s the bases of the nute packages that are important and you can add and tweak from there. And yeah - how much do the extra ingredients really do? I did try Fox Farms three ways when I first started, one with just the bases, one with the orange ingredients on the chart added, and then finally with all three including the purple feed chart ingredients. It did get better each time but the difference was nominal at best.
Yep, use that Coco Loco w/ Canna coco mixed in, add Dynomyco at transplant. Now these Mosca beans, he say's to go from cup h2o to 3 gal right away as I see "tails" shooting out of the shell. So I do that with his seeds. SSgrower

Skywalker

She’s beginning to fade a little. Wow, did she stay totally and perfectly green for almost the entire grow. Love it. Just recently started to lose the under canopy leaves.

IMG_3785.jpeg

IMG_3784.jpeg

Looking good Buddy😊❤️👊. That double grape double grape is making it obvious that the double part is twice the trichs that the rest of us in the real world (the world not in Jon's tent) get on our weed.

Not fair not fair Jon Jon.

They are all beauties but that DG and it's frost.... incredible.
Ikr? If only I could take credit for it @Gee64! But the credit for the Double Grape goes primarily to Mephisto’s genetic madmen. Can’t wait to see @con finished DG. He had a smaller plant, but grew it beautifully, and ended with big colas. Same weed, but looks different. Just as frosty. You know, I couldn’t capture it in the pictures too much cuz of the reds in my light, but it was so frosty and had so much subtle purple under the frost, very obvious to the naked eye, that she looked a ghostly silvery purple. It was absolutely beautiful, one of the more attractive plants I’ve grown based just on pretty. She was only about 2-1/2 feet tall the way I trained her. And I got basically 5 ounces from her despite all the buds being small like what I pictured. So she checks all the boxes, she’s tasty as hell already (I can’t stop smoking it and it’s barely cured), and imho, she might just be a really good candidate for your auto porch selection.

Ikr? If only I could take credit for it @Gee64! But the credit for the Double Grape goes primarily to Mephisto’s genetic madmen. Can’t wait to see @con finished DG. He had a smaller plant, but grew it beautifully, and ended with big colas. Same weed, but looks different. Just as frosty. You know, I couldn’t capture it in the pictures too much cuz of the reds in my light, but it was so frosty and had so much subtle purple under the frost, very obvious to the naked eye, that she looked a ghostly silvery purple. It was absolutely beautiful, one of the more attractive plants I’ve grown based just on pretty. She was only about 2-1/2 feet tall the way I trained her. And I got basically 5 ounces from her despite all the buds being small like what I pictured. So she checks all the boxes, she’s tasty as hell already (I can’t stop smoking it and it’s barely cured), and imho, she might just be a really good candidate for your auto porch selection.
Btw - I also couldn’t get her true odor due to having three different strains and smells in n the tent. But once she hit the drying room, WHOA does she smell good! Sweet like cotton candy, literally like you’re on the boardwalk in New Jersey on a nice summer day. You can most definitely smell the grape without having to use your imagination. It’s also already got a grape aftertaste - like earthy grape vine. It has a touch of undefined citrus which comes off lemony and makes them a bit tart and sweet, more sweet though by a lot. You see the frost level, it’s super strong weed, definitely indica leaning in effect and very good for pain (I have a ton, lol). All this after curing for ten days! So yeah…

Get outta my head Man! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 You read my mind.

I wonder if the breeding donor of the trichs was used in any other strains they offer?
Good question, gotta check out Mephisto. I never dug that deep, this was my first shot with them. But they are well known as one of the top auto breeders on the planet. They breed more for quality than size.

Northern Lights Auto
Day 21
Uppotting Follow Up

Here we are at 9:30 am, 3-1/2 hours since uppotting. See what I meant? She’ll be praying by noon! The plant literally didn’t know it or feel the transition in the least. No stress, no mess. Now she will take off like crazy.

IMG_3794.jpeg

Northern Lights Auto
Day 21
Uppotting Follow Up

Here we are at 9:30 am, 3-1/2 hours since uppotting. See what I meant? She’ll be praying by noon! The plant literally didn’t know it or feel the transition in the least. No stress, no mess. Now she will take off like crazy.

IMG_3794.jpeg
Loving these large, metal drip pans I found. See how they hold a ten? I have four of these, and they’ll hold a 15 easily! Yay!
IMG_3795.jpeg

Get outta my head Man! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 You read my mind.

I wonder if the breeding donor of the trichs was used in any other strains they offer?
Hey @Gee64 take a look at Mephistos Grappa it's a Double Grape x Forum Stomper cross, i'm popping one as we speak

Northern Lights Auto
Day 21
Uppotting Follow Up

IMG_3794.jpeg
i feel like a pussy Lol! i guess i gotta find my nads today or tomorrow to start in a smaller container, today is day 2 of some seeds i have germinating

Back
Top Bottom