Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Only if either side can't live up to the hype. It's only bragging if you can't back it up.

So, don't screw it up!

:rofl:
Wow @Azimuth - so my performance is in some way tied to the logo? Ok my man. I’ll try to be competent.

Wow @Azimuth - so my performance is in some way tied to the logo? Ok my man. I’ll try to be competent.
I think it requires a bit more than "competent." LOL.

But I'm sure you'll do fine. Lots of friendly and helpful advice on this site if you need it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Skywalker
Flower Day 59

My red headed step children with a shot of one of the ultra frost pockets that litter these buds. The third bud shot is the frostiest one of all of them.

IMG_3716.jpeg

IMG_3715.jpeg

IMG_3718.jpeg

IMG_3717.jpeg

Here’s as close as I could get and still maintain a semblance of focus on a red hair. This is pretty damn close, lol.

IMG_3719.jpeg

I think it requires a bit more than "competent." LOL.

But I'm sure you'll do fine. Lots of friendly and helpful advice on this site if you need it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Oh good, so you know some decent growers you could hook me up with? :)

I’ll try to be competent.

We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

And Jon is just looking for the facade of competency. Doubt it…. 🤣

I call BS, Jon has always reminded me of Oscar Wilde - I made that up - but shooting for the stars

I thought so too @Azimuth. I’m going to use a ten, double their recipe, and set it up the way they suggest. Only I’m going to amend beginning immediately with EWC and kelp at least. I believe that will help the top (non super soil) part of the pot where the roots begin to get a plant started. I figure it’s a good week or so before the roots hit the supersoil. Maybe longer. But essentially it’s the same thing as a Geoflora grow, the only difference is the nutes are already in the soil. I do not believe this would qualify as a fully organic, LOS grow. I would categorize it as a semi organic situation. I get that right @Gee64 or @Keffka ?
Not to interfere but, I was taught 15, at least 12 gal container to grow with soil? My student is trying in a 5 gal material bag and the plants are small, your not growing for yield at all? Thanks SSgrower

Blackberry Moonrocks
What breeder was it do you remember? Thanks for the information 💚and happy thanksgiving 😊 not celebrated but thanks for the thought
Never saw this til now - Growers Choice is the breeder.

Not to interfere but, I was taught 15, at least 12 gal container to grow with soil? My student is trying in a 5 gal material bag and the plants are small, you’re not growing for yield at all? Thanks SSgrower
Hey @SSgrower, thanks for stopping by. Well, the size of the pot determines the size of the plant and the number of colas it can effectively support. But what I’m finding with soil is that if one grows organic or semi- organic and gets it right, a soil plant can yield plenty big. So besides the pot size/plant size relationship there’s the how good is your medium and myco colony (or nute regimen if using nutes). Then there’s how good are you at watering and building roots. This list goes on. But if one has a reasonable grasp of what they’re doing, I think pot size selection becomes almost entirely a function of what you want at the end. For example: my Skywalker. It’s in a 7 of soil, semi-organic, using @GeoFlora Nutrients with amendments. Pretty typical semi-organic setup, and my skills are average at best. But even in a 7, I somehow nailed everything there is to nail with this plant. As a result, take a look at her. She’s six ounces easy. I feel that sort of yield from a 7 of soil is pretty okay. So depending on what you want, I would say select a pot size that can give you that. You want to harvest a ten ounce plant? Use a ten. How about a pound plant? Maybe a 15 or 20. I believe I could pull a pound from a 15 or a 20 on my worst day. Anyone can. So I’m not sure that is an adequate response to your query, but that’s sorta my take on it.

And Jon is just looking for the facade of competency. Doubt it…. 🤣

I call BS, Jon has always reminded me of Oscar Wilde - I made that up - but shooting for the stars
Right back at you @NickHardy!

Hey @SSgrower, thanks for stopping by. Well, the size of the pot determines the size of the plant and the number of colas it can effectively support. But what I’m finding with soil is that if one grows organic or semi- organic and gets it right, a soil plant can yield plenty big. So besides the pot size/plant size relationship there’s the how good is your medium and myco colony (or nute regimen if using nutes). Then there’s how good are you at watering and building roots. This list goes on. But if one has a reasonable grasp of what they’re doing, I think pot size selection becomes almost entirely a function of what you want at the end. For example: my Skywalker. It’s in a 7 of soil, semi-organic, using @GeoFlora Nutrients with amendments. Pretty typical semi-organic setup, and my skills are average at best. But even in a 7, I somehow nailed everything there is to nail with this plant. As a result, take a look at her. She’s six ounces easy. I feel that sort of yield from a 7 of soil is pretty okay. So depending on what you want, I would say select a pot size that can give you that. You want to harvest a ten ounce plant? Use a ten. How about a pound plant? Maybe a 15 or 20. I believe I could pull a pound from a 15 or a 20 on my worst day. Anyone can. So I’m not sure that is an adequate response to your query, but that’s sorta my take on it.
In fact, there’s not a pot bigger than a 7 in this entire grow. Five plants in sevens and I’ll bank somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 ounces. Is that decent yield? I don’t deal, I share with friends and trade. Mostly this is my medicine. So that sort of yield from 5 plants is more than acceptable to me.

Edit: now that you got me thinking about it, I’m wondering if maybe an ounce of yield per gallon of medium might be a decent par spot?

In fact, there’s not a pot bigger than a 7 in this entire grow. Five plants in sevens and I’ll bank somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 ounces. Is that decent yield? I don’t deal, I share with friends and trade. Mostly this is my medicine. So that sort of yield from 5 plants is more than acceptable to me.

Edit: now that you got me thinking about it, I’m wondering if maybe an ounce of yield per gallon of medium might be a decent par spot?
One more thing @SSgrower - check out @NickHardy (‘s) Solo cup grow. That might change your perspective a little on pot size.

Yes I argee the mycology of the soil is what makes it "Super" I grow in Canna coco but for soil I was taught more roots more shoots. I was "Just" a gurilla grower in the late 70's no real horticulture skill. 7 gal is fine for some growers. I was just taught to use 12-15 gal for decent yield, if like you said, water lighting and amendments lasting thru the grow. Thanks for getting back to me as I am learning this unique plant and how to make her shine! Cheers SS

Yes I argee the mycology of the soil is what makes it "Super" I grow in Canna coco but for soil I was taught more roots more shoots. I was "Just" a gurilla grower in the late 70's no real horticulture skill. 7 gal is fine for some growers. I was just taught to use 12-15 gal for decent yield, if like you said, water lighting and amendments lasting thru the grow. Thanks for getting back to me as I am learning this unique plant and how to make her shine! Cheers SS
Me too! It’s an awesome ride isn’t it @SSgrower? And yes, more roots more shoots. But I fill every pot every time with roots, solid top to bottom root balls. If you do that you will always get max yield from the plant, assuming everything else is in line. Hell, I’ve seen @InTheShed pull a plant out of a pot and trim all the roots back when they outgrew the pot! Also, I am also a coco guy. Check out my Cherry Pie auto. That’s an auto in a 7 of coco using Remo nutes. It’s 10-12 ounces on its worst day! So there’s just so many factors, not the least of which is genetics. We’ll be figuring this plant out forever. Lol!

I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about pot sizes lately. For Coco for that is where my experience lies

16oz Solos

3oz plus, probably 4 achievable. I’ve had 90g plants out of them.

110oz Solos (3 litres - 0.75 Gallon)

Here is what I have going on in my 5x5. I swear I can hit 2g/per watt in there. 1000w = 2000g 12 plants 167g per plant or 6oz. Reckon I can. Check back in 8 weeks. Those plants are gangbusting.

3G Airpots

Let you know in 10 weeks

5G Airpots

Our best has been 300-320g Gorilla Glue. We averaged across 6 300g reckon we took them too early and not enough space or support. 6 under one light maybe you can get them to 350 each. That’s 2.8g/watt

Driving the perfect lap is like trying to tie your shoelace with the ends exactly the same length. Practice tells you it must be possible but reality is different

Ayrton Senna - growing 6 1lb plants under one light? Has to be possible. Reckon I’d go 3 Gallons though.

Soil

Reckon you used a pure liquid nute regime maybe with a SIP you could get 70% of a hydro coco yield.

LOS

Well you’ve made your (flower) bed and you’ve got to lie in it! I’d be making more pots of tea than than an English Royal Footman I was doing that. I guess you can buy teas and stuff like that? I reckon you can 50% of a coco/hydro yield out of 5 gallons.

So 5-6 ounces seems a good target ounce a gallon there.

My stoned sense

😂

Nick

Back
Top Bottom