Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

How about a little Yield Report?

Double Grape:

57+75 = 132 grams = 4.7 ounces

Strawberry Gorilla

128+44 = 172 grams = 6.1 ounces

Okay, got the little ones out of the way. Heh.
just under 5oz on the DG NICE!!! & 6 oz with SG NICER!! i only hope for half of what your DG got to congrats & enjoy a fatty (careful it wont take much now) don't operate heavy machinery Lol!!!!

Thank you both, @InTheShed and @con! Shed, I just noticed in the drop downs that we have an In The Closet here too! :rofl:
@con - all I’m going to tell you about the Double Grape is that you are SUPER psyched. Your buds turned out WAY bigger and juicier than mine, which is awesome. And trust me my friend - the yield with this one is irrelevant. You won’t even want to share this with your family or close friends. It’s treasure-level good. Super super strong. Very high THC. Amazing buzz. Mine so far is like a hybrid buzz. I’m getting a bit of both. But it definitely begins with the immediate eyes sweating thing, always a great indicator of high THC. Taste will come as she cures, but already it truly has a grape-like aftertaste. Almost more like grape viney. Kinds like guapa, if you ever tried that. Yours will be so sweet. And already it’s zero cough. Amazing.

@con - all I’m going to tell you about the Double Grape is that you are SUPER psyched. Your buds turned out WAY bigger and juicier than mine, which is awesome. And trust me my friend - the yield with this one is irrelevant. You won’t even want to share this with your family or close friends. It’s treasure-level good. Super super strong. Very high THC. Amazing buzz. Mine so far is like a hybrid buzz. I’m getting a bit of both. But it definitely begins with the immediate eyes sweating thing, always a great indicator of high THC. Taste will come as she cures, but already it truly has a grape-like aftertaste. Almost more like grape viney. Kinds like guapa, if you ever tried that. Yours will be so sweet. And already it’s zero cough. Amazing.
yeah not to terribly concerned with the weight i'll keep 1.5 oz for me the the rest will be given to 1 or 2 buddies that could use it, if i got 4-5 oz i'd be real happy but by the looks of it it'll be 2.5-3 if lucky, like you where a bit bummed about the size of your buds as me its the quantity but i think the next time i grow one out lt'll be better as i did make a few mistakes while seedlings but so far for quality wise the DG & FC x SN are my best also probably same for the FB & GC once done , over all still happy as hell & keep learning on how to improve & what not to do while having fun doing it

yeah not to terribly concerned with the weight i'll keep 1.5 oz for me the the rest will be given to 1 or 2 buddies that could use it, if i got 4-5 oz i'd be real happy but by the looks of it it'll be 2.5-3 if lucky, like you where a bit bummed about the size of your buds as me its the quantity but i think the next time i grow one out lt'll be better as i did make a few mistakes while seedlings but so far for quality wise the DG & FC x SN are my best also probably same for the FB & GC once done , over all still happy as hell & keep learning on how to improve & what not to do while having fun doing it
Well, what you’ve done this time is extremely impressive and belies your experience level. :adore:

Well, what you’ve done this time is extremely impressive and belies your experience level. :adore:
Thanks Jon i think with this grow i considered myself still a newb & now can say i'm now at level of unexperienced grower Lol!

Thanks Jon i think with this grow i considered myself still a newb & now can say i'm now at level of unexperienced grower Lol!
Hell, after next grow you’ll be a nooblike-novice just like me!!!

I got a delivery while I was gone. My California Super Soil. We can cal it the CSS. Here’s the front and back of the bags. I got 12 pounds. It comes in two six pound bags. The last picture is an attempt to show the soil consistency through the bag. It’s an interesting setup, apparently designed so that when the roots hit the supersoil the plant goes nuts? I’m the kind who is considering amending their setup already, lmao. I’ll do it their way for most of it, but I’ll try my way on one plant. I’m going to try on one setting it up as they direct, but the top main layer of good soil (I’ll use FFOF) will be a 75/25 blend of FFOF/CSS. Betcha it don’t burn nothing and offers better growth sooner. Heh.

IMG_3644.jpeg

IMG_3643.jpeg

IMG_3645.jpeg

I grow organically in small pots and have been repeatedly told that a 10 gallon pot is the minimal size required to be able to stuff enough nutrients in it to have a water only grow, so it's interesting that they suggest a 5 gallon and then only use a third of it for their soil.

:popcorn:

I grow organically in small pots and have been repeatedly told that a 10 gallon pot is the minimal size required to be able to stuff enough nutrients in it to have a water only grow, so it's interesting that they suggest a 5 gallon and then only use a third of it for their soil.

:popcorn:
I thought so too @Azimuth. I’m going to use a ten, double their recipe, and set it up the way they suggest. Only I’m going to amend beginning immediately with EWC and kelp at least. I believe that will help the top (non super soil) part of the pot where the roots begin to get a plant started. I figure it’s a good week or so before the roots hit the supersoil. Maybe longer. But essentially it’s the same thing as a Geoflora grow, the only difference is the nutes are already in the soil. I do not believe this would qualify as a fully organic, LOS grow. I would categorize it as a semi organic situation. I get that right @Gee64 or @Keffka ?

I thought so too @Azimuth. I’m going to use a ten, double their recipe, and set it up the way they suggest. Only I’m going to amend beginning immediately with EWC and kelp at least. I believe that will help the top (non super soil) part of the pot where the roots begin to get a plant started. I figure it’s a good week or so before the roots hit the supersoil. Maybe longer. But essentially it’s the same thing as a Geoflora grow, the only difference is the nutes are already in the soil. I do not believe this would qualify as a fully organic, LOS grow. I would categorize it as a semi organic situation. I get that right @Gee64 or @Keffka ?
Also, why only on the bottom? You saw my idea to go 75/25 up top. Why not? The shit can’t be THAT hot.

Another Delivery Came…

Here’s the Cyco Nutrients package. This box is very heavy. Lol. The catalog is super glossy with thick, high quality paper and printing. It’s a small thing but it’s way pro. As you see the nutes are color coded and, I think someone asked me about one product, the Dr. Repair - it’s in there too. Note a few things in the charts:
- there are three ingredients which are sold separately and not in the kit. Yet they are part of all the feed charts. Bastards. Since I’ve gone this far with these, I have ordered the other three products. May as well try it as the complete set and see what it’s got.
- there are basic and advanced charts for hydro/coco, those are the ones I will use. I included a picture of the soil chart too so you guys can see how they handle that using the same nutes for any medium. Interesting differences.
- there is also a “commercial” chart for soil that I didn’t picture.
- note that the Grow XL is used only once, at 2ml/gallon (the charts are ml/liter). It is intended as a super boost, a one time shot. They claim it accelerates growth in a huge way. I included a picture of what they say about the Grow XL.

So we will see. For the coin, they fricking better be good. Lol.

IMG_3650.jpeg

IMG_3651.jpeg

IMG_3652.jpeg

IMG_3653.jpeg

IMG_3654.jpeg

IMG_3660.jpeg

IMG_3661.jpeg

IMG_3662.jpeg

Morning @Gee64 - I have a question for you. This California Super Soil. You saw how they say set it up. What about if I set it up as they say, but in the top part, the non super soil, I added four small spikes of the supersoil? Like those cylinders poked into the soil like you guys use. Wouldn’t that potentially help up top until the roots got into the main super soil at the bottom?

Back
Top Bottom