Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

i can see the dark period working but i don't agree with what they say about 70% cloudy trichomes i go 100% cloudy & 5-15% amber but the amber is a personal choice & also don't agree with there drying process i like to dry at 65-70% humidity @ 17-19C for 7-15 days or when they to 65-70% ( i put bud into a mason jar with a small humidity meter & sit for a couple hours to get a idea where all the buds are at), ideally you want your buds at 58-62% humidity before jarring or 70% & put in jars & burp down to 58-62%
thats what my plans are to do almost all are cloudy 1/2 days i think left and they will be all cloudy and some amber about jars thing Azi have explained me and i will do this method same as the one u do

thats what my plans are to do almost all are cloudy 1/2 days i think left and they will be all cloudy and some amber about jars thing Azi have explained me and i will do this method same as the one u do
good to hear, good luck with your first harvest :woohoo:

i cant wait to set my second one now when i got so much better lamp and bigger tent <3 my plants are to put 4 feminized seeds in 100x100 is this good or i should put 3 ? i will lst them according to Jon's training
so 100cm x 100cm? 3.3 foot x 3.3 foot, for 3-4 photo periods im not to sure tbh i know you could probably get away with 3-4 autos with 5 gal pots for photos i can't really say i've never grew a photo & guess it depends on pot size & how long you're going to veg & strain, Jon or some one who grows Photos here should be able to give you a better answer

You could fill the entire tent with one photoperiod plant given enough veg time and proper training. Depends on how you like to grow. More variety with a few smaller plants, or one ginormous plant for maximum harvest of a favored plant.

so 100cm x 100cm? 3.3 foot x 3.3 foot, for 3-4 photo periods im not to sure tbh i know you could probably get away with 3-4 autos with 5 gal pots for photos i can't really say i've never grew a photo & guess it depends on pot size & how long you're going to veg & strain, Jon or some one who grows Photos here should be able to give you a better answer
@rehabilitatora420 Hey mate - 4 is fine, personally I’d prefer it over 3 for the symmetry to encourage an even canopy. Photos are what you want when constrained by size. You can choose when to flip and therefore have a big say in how big they’ll be. Depends on the usable height of your tent - this is the height of the tent, minus any trays, the pot height, the distance from the bottom of the light to the tent top and allowing space from the light to the plant tops.

So for me in a 200cm high tent:

200cm minus:

10cm - tray and base support
20cm - pot height
20cm - plant tops to light
10cm - light to roof top (light passes my inline fan)

So maximum plant height is 140cm

So if I flip when the plants are 45cm high I allow another 45cm for “stretch” after I switch them to 12/12 and I allow another 45cm for further growth during flower.

45cm + 45cm + 45cm = 135cm plants

Some sativas will ignore this and go 4-5x some indicas won't hit this maybe but its not the worst rule of thumb to work off.

I think more plants its better, you’re spreading your grow risk and a few smaller plants giving increased yield over a singleton plant is my firm belief. That why I’m growing 12 plants in a 4x4 and another 12 in a 5x5

Photos Phoever!

Nick

@rehabilitatora420 Hey mate - 4 is fine, personally I’d prefer it over 3 for the symmetry to encourage an even canopy. Photos are what you want when constrained by size. You can choose when to flip and therefore have a big say in how big they’ll be. Depends on the usable height of your tent - this is the height of the tent, minus any trays, the pot height, the distance from the bottom of the light to the tent top and allowing space from the light to the plant tops.

So for me in a 200cm high tent:

200cm minus:

10cm - tray and base support
20cm - pot height
20cm - plant tops to light
10cm - light to roof top (light passes my inline fan)

So maximum plant height is 140cm

So if I flip when the plants are 45cm high I allow another 45cm for “stretch” after I switch them to 12/12 and I allow another 45cm for further growth during flower.

45cm + 45cm + 45cm = 135cm plants

Some sativas will ignore this and go 4-5x some indicas won't hit this maybe but its not the worst rule of thumb to work off.

I think more plants its better, you’re spreading your grow risk and a few smaller plants giving increased yield over a singleton plant is my firm belief. That why I’m growing 12 plants in a 4x4 and another 12 in a 5x5

Photos Phoever!

Nick
i think 3 will be the best so i can have some little space left for extra stuff like humidifier and dehumidifier if needed and for better spread ye sounds nice. i actually have 3 diffirent sorts to try :p two of them are 50/50 sativa indica and the other one is more indica

You could fill the entire tent with one photoperiod plant given enough veg time and proper training. Depends on how you like to grow. More variety with a few smaller plants, or one ginormous plant for maximum harvest of a favored plant.
i still yet to find my favorite plant azi :p but im locking forward to find one buying diffirent sorts to find it :))

i think 3 will be the best so i can have some little space left for extra stuff like humidifier and dehumidifier if needed and for better spread ye sounds nice. i actually have 3 diffirent sorts to try :p two of them are 50/50 sativa indica and the other one is more indica
Good plan on leaving the space.

BTW - I flipped at 60cm so I have some problems coming because some of them are now at 85cm 4-5 days later. I’m in trouble! 😅

If you like, personally I wouldn’t. It costs more in electricity, my bills are typically $800-1000 per month so I run 18/6 and love flipping because that’s 6 hours less electricity spend each day. The flower room with 3x 730w lights I try never to run on 18/6. Plus there is certainly anecdotal evidence (quite possibly real evidence) that giving the plants some rest is beneficial. Its slightly different with Autos - they have Ruderalis genetics from northern Russia where they would experience near 24 hours daylight in summer. So they’re potentially used to it to a certain extent - photos not so. I don’t see much benefit in it either. You can get a plant to 40-45cm in a month from seed on 18/6 another two months for flower and harvest. With a two tent setup, one for veg) you might already have 3 new plants ready to flip as soon as those are harvested.

Nick

If you like, personally I wouldn’t. It costs more in electricity, my bills are typically $800-1000 per month so I run 18/6 and love flipping because that’s 6 hours less electricity spend each day. The flower room with 3x 730w lights I try never to run on 18/6. Plus there is certainly anecdotal evidence (quite possibly real evidence) that giving the plants some rest is beneficial. Its slightly different with Autos - they have Ruderalis genetics from northern Russia where they would experience near 24 hours daylight in summer. So they’re potentially used to it to a certain extent - photos not so. I don’t see much benefit in it either. You can get a plant to 40-45cm in a month from seed on 18/6 another two months for flower and harvest. With a two tent setup, one for veg) you might already have 3 new plants ready to flip as soon as those are harvested.

Nick
well my led is 320w and my fans are efficiant i ask that because i can maintain good conditions inside since outside is -2 atm when led is on is ok when is off not so when is -2 i turn heater inside grow tent room while im on dark cycle now 18/6 atm

well my led is 320w and my fans are efficiant i ask that because i can maintain good conditions inside since outside is -2 atm when led is on is ok when is off not so when is -2 i turn heater inside grow tent room while im on dark cycle now 18/6 atm
If you're stuck with using electricity for a heater anyway depending on the relative cost (assuming the heater is over 320w?) I’d still run 20/4 at most. I don’t know if its my imagination but ai swear ai sometimes open the tent when the lights come back on and they’ve popped up taller.

What temperature is the room the tent is in? Probably better to heat that and let your inline fan draw it in passively.

I’d put my inline on the floor of the tent, cold air sinks. Two bends in the pipe so light can’t get in. Then at the top I’d put another bit of duct pipe (two bends again) Then a heater outside the tent near the inlet pipe. Your inline will pull warm air through the top vent as it pushes out cold air through the bottom (that then gets warmed by your heater outside.

A nice circular thermal exchange.

Nick

IMG_8585.jpeg

Not my best work, was eating breakfast at the time 😅 hopefully that makes sense - gets the inline fan out the way of you light as well potentially giving you more headroom to grow into.

IMG_8585.jpeg

Not my best work, was eating breakfast at the time 😅 hopefully that makes sense - gets the inline fan out the way of you light as well potentially giving you more headroom to grow into.
sadly i cant place it outside i got two hole's in the wall for the vent system and i have them set according to it both fans are inside 1 at the top 1 of the bottom my old tent both was outside but it was way small
my ventilation system draws air from outside climate and exhaust it outside aswell i dont take air from my house the temp wher the grow tent is the room is warm here 25-26c the only problem i got is when Led is offline thats for a few hours thats why i wanted 24 hours light cycle to manage this atleast at december or january ^^

sadly i cant place it outside i got two hole's in the wall for the vent system and i have them set according to it both fans are inside 1 at the top 1 of the bottom my old tent both was outside but it was way small
my ventilation system draws air from outside climate and exhaust it outside aswell i dont take air from my house the temp wher the grow tent is the room is warm here 25-26c the only problem i got is when Led is offline thats for a few hours thats why i wanted 24 hours light cycle to manage this atleast at december or january ^^
Hey Nickolai, I’m almost back. Caught up. Do not flush or worry about any of that. Keep it simple. Just give plain water last two wAterings before harvest. Chop and hang. Do you have a loupe or scope to check your trichomes? If not, post your plants here and we will help you know when. I’m about to get on a plane to come home, I’ll be in touch later.

Home. And I have several pieces of great news to share, some of which is photographically supported.

1. The universe has decided it is not yet prepared for Marsha Avery. It saw she might be headed up there, and said oh shit, not this chick, we need a plan. So the universe not only granted my mother more time, it even helped her along so it would have more time to warn folks up there. She is recovered fully from the pneumonia and the RSV. She has the COPD to a manageable point. She’s old, weak, and frail, but strong in will and spirit and mind. So much so that they released her Sunday. She is at my sisters place for now and we will be figuring it out from there. I’m extremely grateful for all of this. Thank everyone for the kind words both public and private. They mean a lot.
2. My friend took care of my dog, my plants, and my house in spectacular fashion. Molly was great for him. He did the plants perfectly. And he even unloaded my dishwasher for me!!! Yay.

Here’s the good part:

Harvest - Mini -Sky

The Northern Lights auto went nuts:

Blackberry Moonrocks gained bulk and color:

Cherry Pie is sickness beyond sickness:

Skywalker is closer and bulking up considerably. Still have yet to lose a single leaf from below. Wow!

And there you go. We are all good. Whoo hoo!

Edit: forgot to say - it only takes 56 hours to reset your tolerance. WHOO HOO.

Home. And I have several pieces of great news to share, some of which is photographically supported.

1. The universe has decided it is not yet prepared for Marsha Avery. It saw she might be headed up there, and said oh shit, not this chick, we need a plan. So the universe not only granted my mother more time, it even helped her along so it would have more time to warn folks up there. She is recovered fully from the pneumonia and the RSV. She has the COPD to a manageable point. She’s old, weak, and frail, but strong in will and spirit and mind. So much so that they released her Sunday. She is at my sisters place for now and we will be figuring it out from there. I’m extremely grateful for all of this. Thank everyone for the kind words both public and private. They mean a lot.
2. My friend took care of my dog, my plants, and my house in spectacular fashion. Molly was great for him. He did the plants perfectly. And he even unloaded my dishwasher for me!!! Yay.

Here’s the good part:

Harvest - Mini -Sky

The Northern Lights auto went nuts:

Blackberry Moonrocks gained bulk and color:

Cherry Pie is sickness beyond sickness:

Skywalker is closer and bulking up considerably. Still have yet to lose a single leaf from below. Wow!

And there you go. We are all good. Whoo hoo!

Edit: forgot to say - it only takes 56 hours to reset your tolerance. WHOO HOO.
so glad that things worked out well for you & the family(must be a great relief) & plants are looking great the CP wow! Welcome back @Jon

Back
Top Bottom