Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Here she is, all hung and shit…

Doesn’t look like much but these buds are all useable, zero flarf on this plant. I always like that. And their density is off the charts. This is probably (obviously guessing) between five and six ounces dried. I already have about a half ounce of a few early branches drying too. If that’s right, (it’ll be close) it isn’t too bad considering the extent to which her leaves were compromised for most of flower. Healthy she was maybe a seven or eight ounce plant. Fairly large auto. And so goddamn frosty, whether it had anything to do with the drought or not. The drought at the end turned out to be nine days with one rescue drink. She was dry as a bone and I lifted the pot out with one hand. I will say it made the hang trim a ton easier. The fans practically fell or pulled right off. And the sugars aren’t compromised at all. Surprised. The buds themselves are awesome. Can’t wait to try it.

IMG_3487.jpeg
congrats on the chop, looks great

Im popping in, Florida right!🤣🤣🤣 they look delicious
Yup, you’re welcome anytime! You wouldn’t even be the first from the forum to be here! I met a former grower, oldmanjj and his wife. They have a place here, I’m sure some remember them. The Michigan weed market put them out of business. They were getting $50/ounce. Wasn’t worth his time. Great people though, maybe they’ll be back.

The ganja gods salute you. They looks as though they are about to drip.
Thanks! The Double Grape is so frosty it’s crazy. See the trichomes spider webbing across the divide in the second trichome picture? It’s around 10-11-o’clock…

Skywalker
Flower Day 46

She’s starting to pack on the weight now. Let’s see what she’s got. Or more accurately, let’s see how I did with what’s in the pot.

IMG_3504.jpeg

Btw - PSA for new growers…

I just smoked a tester bud of the Strawberry Gorilla I just harvested. One big bong hit. It rocked me. I also smoked a bong hit of the tester bud I took five days ago. It also got me high. But the difference between the two was dramatic. Impossible to not notice. The today one was WAY stronger.

The point is what I often say - don’t leave before the miracle happens. In the last two weeks of life before the chop, your buds pack on a serious amount of weight and get a helluva lot stronger as the trichs become fully filled. It may not be super noticeable sometimes, but if your plant is healthy, they ARE adding mass in that time. They ARE getting stronger. But the buds likely look “finished” days before this point. If you’re inexperienced it’s easy to take your buds too early. I used to do it all the time. Be patient! The magic happens at the end!!

Brought to you by the folks at Jonboy’s Headstash.

Don’t read this if you don’t want to, it’s unrelated and I have to bitch. This post contains many curse words.

As expected, my brother, the asshole of all assholes, and the person currently in my parents house to be, adjacent to my garage apartment to be and grow room to be, is doing everything he can to gum up this moving process. And since I also have an asshole stepdad who is supposed to be in control but is worthless, he has let my asshole brother have certain elements. Now there’s a stupid thing where there’s a tug of war for control. All of this is essentially my asshole brother’s fault. Assholes will be assholes. My mother holds the purse and is the bottom line on ANY decision. But today she is in VA with my sister’s kids and worthless stepdad, where they’ve been for weeks, and I can’t address this with her because she went by ambulance to the hospital last night with chest pains. Turns out she has pneumonia, just needs rest and antibiotics, and is already feeling a lot better. But not able to attend to this. Jesus, it’s raining shit on me. I wouldn’t say that unless I was 100% sure my mom is completely ok. But she is. So fuck me.

I’m fucking pissed off beyond this post to say another word.

The bottom line is this: I ain’t going anywhere anytime soon. I’ll be lucky to be in there by June. Best case scenario apparently is May. That is the estimate on time I just now heard.

June. First? That would be six months from now. What??????? So May 1 is best case? That’s five goddamn months from now.

(Insert every curse word in every language and every dialect that exists here)

I am dropping motherfucking seeds. Going to begin a sponsored grow asap. Fuck this.

😤 :(:(:(:(😒😡

Don’t read this if you don’t want to, it’s unrelated and I have to bitch. This post contains many curse words.

As expected, my brother, the asshole of all assholes, and the person currently in my parents house to be, adjacent to my garage apartment to be and grow room to be, is doing everything he can to gum up this moving process. And since I also have an asshole stepdad who is supposed to be in control but is worthless, he has let my asshole brother have certain elements. Now there’s a stupid thing where there’s a tug of war for control. All of this is essentially my asshole brother’s fault. Assholes will be assholes. My mother holds the purse and is the bottom line on ANY decision. But today she is in VA with my sister’s kids and worthless stepdad, where they’ve been for weeks, and I can’t address this with her because she went by ambulance to the hospital last night with chest pains. Turns out she has pneumonia, just needs rest and antibiotics, and is already feeling a lot better. But not able to attend to this. Jesus, it’s raining shit on me. I wouldn’t say that unless I was 100% sure my mom is completely ok. But she is. So fuck me.

The bottom line is this: I ain’t going anywhere anytime soon. I’ll be lucky to be in there by June. Best case scenario apparently is May. That is the estimate on time I just now heard.

June. First? That would be six months from now. What??????? So May 1 is best case? That’s five goddamn months from now.

I am dropping motherfucking seeds. Going to begin a sponsored grow asap. Fuck this.

So sorry Jon. :Namaste: :hug:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Skywalker

Here’s a trio of late afternoon pics to make myself feel better, after I have them adjusted and standing as straight as I can get them. There’s a total shot and a picture of the interior, as well as a shot of the leaves down below. Decent bud development in the lower inside! The atmospheric conditions are the best I can do when it’s so cold (relatively speaking) here. They’re not terrible. I can live with it, besides I have no choice. Like seemingly many things lately. Other than the leaf tips she’s a healthy beast, and I have yet to have one single leaf from the underside fall off or even begin to pale. (See last pic)

IMG_3509.jpeg

IMG_3506.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg

That sucks i hope it works out for the better & hope your Mom is on the mend, but on the bright side the weather should be half assed when you get there 🌞

Skywalker

Here’s a trio of late afternoon pics to make myself feel better, after I have them adjusted and standing as straight as I can get them. There’s a total shot and a picture of the interior, as well as a shot of the leaves down below. Decent bud development in the lower inside! The atmospheric conditions are the best I can do when it’s so cold (relatively speaking) here. They’re not terrible. I can live with it, besides I have no choice. Like seemingly many things lately. Other than the leaf tips she’s a healthy beast, and I have yet to have one single leaf from the underside fall off or even begin to pale. (See last pic)

IMG_3509.jpeg

IMG_3506.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg
All else aside this is one of the most beautifully grown plants I've ever seen! I'm glad your mom's on the mend!

Skywalker

IMG_3509.jpeg

IMG_3506.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg
Does the innovation ever end? Lmao!

I had to separate these two colas, they were right on top of one another. My solution:

IMG_3514.jpeg

IMG_3516.jpeg

Announcement: the innovation will never end!

Glad we got that out of the way. Oof on the family troubles Jon but congrats on the rest of that harvest and all those heavy hangers (so heavy the left side of the rod is slipping down). :)

Glad all is well with your mom, at least that's a silver lining on the whole shebang, and the moving delay also means you don't have to repack what you unpacked for this grow, just yet anyway.

Skywalker

IMG_3509.jpeg

IMG_3506.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg
Sorry about the family drama Jon, as for the Skywalker, Dude this thing is a beautiful beast!👊😍

Preview

Ok. Feeling better. Here’s why….I successfully got with with Jon (sic) from @Dank Seeds today. (I gotta check this handle, the company is actually spelled dank seeds, all small letters). He’s on board with us starting the dank-sponsored grow. Reason I had to get with him is, he is taking this seriously enough that he told me to get with him when I was ready and he’d send me something special for the grow. So that thing is on the way. Heh.

So there may be a few other plants in a few other locales included in this grow/journal when I get it started shortly, but the dank tent is set. I’ll be growing 2 of their signature strains, both of which are specifically the result of Jon’s extensive pheno hunting and crossing.

Jon at one time ran a 500,000 sq. ft. grow facility. He retired from that end of the business to start dank seeds and to work specifically on creating a catalog of his own work only - his masterpieces as it were. He is a pure genetics guy at heart - that apparently is where his passion lies. If you check their catalog, it is very limited. This is by design. Jon is committed to extensive refining his genetics until the final product he presents is exactly what he says it will be. Minimal phenotypic variation. Maximum everything the strain has to offer.

Jon and dank are sponsoring my 5x5 for this grow and journal, and most of the journal will focus on this tent, with one plant in the closet and one on the 2x4, don’t know what yet. The dank tent is going to feature four photos in tens. Coco synth grow by necessity, under my best light, the G8 C3. I’m going to begin all four in 2-gallon pots and uppot them to the tens.

The four plants will be (2) Cosmic Lemon Haze and (2) Sweet Tea, sponsored seeds from dank (thanks Jon!). I’m going to attempt to veg them for 60 days although in coco that’s tough.

For reference, I had already ordered the Cosmic Lemon Haze and was awaiting confirmation when I decided to reach out (unsolicited, lol) to Jon. After we talked a while we settled on this plan. The Sweet Tea was chosen by him as the best plant he had to grow side by side with the CLH. So it’s sort of a team plan, and it is very nice and very refreshing to have another sponsor who wants to be significantly involved with a sponsorship. I’m honored and very very grateful.

I should have the tent space to get started soon enough. The 5x5 gets a cleaning and the new liner put in. I have the coco, bokashi, frass, MSA, perlite #3, plenty of ph up and down, plenty of calmag, and plenty of fun additives, just need to pick a nute system.

Interestingly, I asked Jon’s suggestion on the best synthetic nutes to grow his plants with, thinking he wouldn’t have an answer, but indeed he did. A very specific one: Bio365. I’ve never heard of them but my next move is to check them out.

Anyway, that’s the sneak peek as it were. Funny how growing soothes and calms my mind. Even the planning. Lol. When I get going I’ll likely post the link in this journal. I had better success with that last time vs tagging.

:thumb:

Preview

Ok. Feeling better. Here’s why….I successfully got with with Jon (sic) from @Dank Seeds today. (I gotta check this handle, the company is actually spelled dank seeds, all small letters). He’s on board with us starting the dank-sponsored grow. Reason I had to get with him is, he is taking this seriously enough that he told me to get with him when I was ready and he’d send me something special for the grow. So that thing is on the way. Heh.

So there may be a few other plants in a few other locales included in this grow/journal when I get it started shortly, but the dank tent is set. I’ll be growing 2 of their signature strains, both of which are specifically the result of Jon’s extensive pheno hunting and crossing.

Jon at one time ran a 500,000 sq. ft. grow facility. He retired from that end of the business to start dank seeds and to work specifically on creating a catalog of his own work only - his masterpieces as it were. He is a pure genetics guy at heart - that apparently is where his passion lies. If you check their catalog, it is very limited. This is by design. Jon is committed to extensive refining his genetics until the final product he presents is exactly what he says it will be. Minimal phenotypic variation. Maximum everything the strain has to offer.

Jon and dank are sponsoring my 5x5 for this grow and journal, and most of the journal will focus on this tent, with one plant in the closet and one on the 2x4, don’t know what yet. The dank tent is going to feature four photos in tens. Coco synth grow by necessity, under my best light, the G8 C3. I’m going to begin all four in 2-gallon pots and uppot them to the tens.

The four plants will be (2) Cosmic Lemon Haze and (2) Sweet Tea, sponsored seeds from dank (thanks Jon!). I’m going to attempt to veg them for 60 days although in coco that’s tough.

For reference, I had already ordered the Cosmic Lemon Haze and was awaiting confirmation when I decided to reach out (unsolicited, lol) to Jon. After we talked a while we settled on this plan. The Sweet Tea was chosen by him as the best plant he had to grow side by side with the CLH. So it’s sort of a team plan, and it is very nice and very refreshing to have another sponsor who wants to be significantly involved with a sponsorship. I’m honored and very very grateful.

I should have the tent space to get started soon enough. The 5x5 gets a cleaning and the new liner put in. I have the coco, bokashi, frass, MSA, perlite #3, plenty of ph up and down, plenty of calmag, and plenty of fun additives, just need to pick a nute system.

Interestingly, I asked Jon’s suggestion on the best synthetic nutes to grow his plants with, thinking he wouldn’t have an answer, but indeed he did. A very specific one: Bio365. I’ve never heard of them but my next move is to check them out.

Anyway, that’s the sneak peek as it were. Funny how growing soothes and calms my mind. Even the planning. Lol. When I get going I’ll likely post the link in this journal. I had better success with that last time vs tagging.

:thumb:
Ah. He misunderstood my question. He thought I meant the best coco to use. Bio365 is a soil and coco company. But wow I may just try a bag of that coco, it looks banging. So I guess I’ll go with Remo again, as they’re perfect in veg and now I’m well versed in how to adjust their mix so as to maintain a plant healthy.

Back
Top Bottom