Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Yes, there’s a trigger. It’s in the plants DNA. You cannot affect it. Again, just my opinion.
If it were the case that autos don’t flower until the roots get stressed, @NickHardy, how would Ruderalis ever go to flower in nature where they have unlimited root space?

If it were the case that autos don’t flower until the roots get stressed, @NickHardy, how would Ruderalis ever go to flower in nature where they have unlimited root space?
As I said - hardening ground as winter approaches was was my wonder allowed. Latest seems to be is something called the FKF1 (really! 😂!) protein receptor which gets some circadian rhythm reading at around 16:30 equivalent each day.

I read something yesterday that was interesting. Large scale commercial farmer been growing for years. Dropped in this as if it was common knowledge, its was as an aside. “Auto’s flower as soon as the roots hit resistance, so its pot sized related how big they grow”
I've heard that about auto's. Don't grow them so have no idea if it's true.

As I said - hardening ground as winter approaches was was my wonder allowed. Latest seems to be is something called the FKF1 (really! 😂!) protein receptor which gets some circadian rhythm reading at around 16:30 equivalent each day.
don't forget that in siberia 6'' under the soil is permafrost & thats near the end of summer

:eek: Oh, the horror! :rolleyes:
I guess that's cold?
Was about minus 10 here today, that's c. Hehe
I thought they were like dandelions.
The feken things just grow and flower.
Doesn't matter what the sunlight hrs are.
Going back to the other conversation. :Namaste:
Hey Jon, missed ya buddy. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I read something yesterday that was interesting. Large scale commercial farmer been growing for years. Dropped in this as if it was common knowledge, its was as an aside. “Auto’s flower as soon as the roots hit resistance, so its pot sized related how big they grow”
That's ancient conjecture from when autos were first becoming popular. It's been disproven over and over by everyone who upcans from solo cups to bigger pots.
Hmm. Interesting @NickHardy. First time I’ve heard that. Sounds a bit like bro science on first read. The Cherry Pie gave me 61 days of veg in her seven. The Double Grape, also in a seven, gave me 40-some. Etc. I almost always use sevens for autos, and the flower whenever they are pre programmed genetically to flower, regardless of the size of the pot. That would be my guess. But that’s interesting enough that I’m gonna explore a little.
A previous member here built his own airpots that were about 2' tall and his autos flowered around the same time as the ones in his regular pots. The tall pots' roots never hit the bottom, so there goes the "resistance" theory! :)
Double Grape
Super Partial Harvest
(lol)

I took the six branches that were horizontal to the ground. lol. Beautiful buds. Just gorgeous.
Got cold enough to snow from the looks of it...noice!
Yes, there’s a trigger. It’s in the plants DNA. You cannot affect it. Again, just my opinion.
What makes autos so variable from seed to seed is the need to breed in the correct amount of ruderalis to make it an autoflower but still have the THC everyone wants in their cannabis plants. That's how I can grow this:

full

and this:

full

from the same batch of auto seeds.

As to what sends them into flower, I'd say any type of stress. Mine never liked the variables that came from growing outside: hot days, chilly nights, and RH from 60 to 98%.

That's about what I got out of 5 and 7 gallon pots this summer, but I don't really get much direct sunlight here, and those were my second and fourth autos.
First ones outdoor.
You said you're looking for ornamental qualities, and indica dominant, right?
sativa or indica, I want them as deck ornaments. There's some beauties out there.

No, that's not cold. It's like T-shirt weather.

And after that we don't want to hear any complaining from @Jon after he moves to PA. :rolleyes:
Yes, after he moves from Florida to PA just in time for the coldest part of the winter lol!

That's ancient conjecture from when autos were first becoming popular. It's been disproven over and over by everyone who upcans from solo cups to bigger pots.

A previous member here built his own airpots that were about 2' tall and his autos flowered around the same time as the ones in his regular pots. The tall pots' roots never hit the bottom, so there goes the "resistance" theory! :)

Got cold enough to snow from the looks of it...noice!

What makes autos so variable from seed to seed is the need to breed in the correct amount of ruderalis to make it an autoflower but still have the THC everyone wants in their cannabis plants. That's how I can grow this:

full

and this:

full

from the same batch of auto seeds.

As to what sends them into flower, I'd say any type of stress. Mine never liked the variables that came from growing outside: hot days, chilly nights, and RH from 60 to 98%.
Very nice @InTheShed - we agree on most. Other than stress causing them to flower. I’ve grown stress free auto after stress free auto and it doesn’t seem to matter. They flower when their DNA says it’s time. That’s my theory and I’m sticking with it til someone disproves it.

Strawberry Gorilla
Day 94
HARVEST (for real this time, lol)

IMG_3484.jpeg

IMG_3485.jpeg

IMG_3483.jpeg

IMG_3481.jpeg

IMG_3480.jpeg

IMG_3479.jpeg
A note on the iPhone 14 Plus Pro. Just found another really cool feature, and this one may actually be useful. The camera will take pictures in the dark! With no flash! If the light is too low, as it was in all the root shots as it’s still dark here, the camera takes the picture, holds it, changes it to make up the lack of light, then clicks again to set it. These pics were unedited in terms of adding light. The camera did it! Very cool.

Funny Moment

Yesterday I got the second “can you teach me to grow weed” call from one of my buddies. These guys. I’d love to help my buddies grow weed. But first I quiz them. It’s subtle, but I’m quizzing them specifically on their commitment level. Neither of the first two showed me anything. Sorry fellahs. I’ll help you all day if you show me you care. Otherwise don’t waste my time please.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Funny Moment

Yesterday I got the second “can you teach me to grow weed” call from one of my buddies. These guys. I’d love to help my buddies grow weed. But first I quiz them. It’s subtle, but I’m quizzing them specifically on their commitment level. Neither of the first two showed me anything. Sorry fellahs. I’ll help you all day if you show me you care. Otherwise don’t waste my time please.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I hear ya on that Jon. I currently have two extra 2x4 tents laying in boxes. I won them at a auction. I asked my two adult kids if they were interested in learning how to grow. Sure they show interest and all that but since I sent a bunch of grow info to their mailbox...I've not heard a word from them. Until I get some good feedback and see they are actually interested. I'll hang onto those tents.
I guess as growers we expect others to be just as excited as we are. That's not always the case. Most folks think it all sounds good but will not put the time in to learn. They expect you to have all the answers. I can't play that game. Ya either want it or ya don't.

Here she is, all hung and shit…

Doesn’t look like much but these buds are all useable, zero flarf on this plant. I always like that. And their density is off the charts. This is probably (obviously guessing) between five and six ounces dried. I already have about a half ounce of a few early branches drying too. If that’s right, (it’ll be close) it isn’t too bad considering the extent to which her leaves were compromised for most of flower. Healthy she was maybe a seven or eight ounce plant. Fairly large auto. And so goddamn frosty, whether it had anything to do with the drought or not. The drought at the end turned out to be nine days with one rescue drink. She was dry as a bone and I lifted the pot out with one hand. I will say it made the hang trim a ton easier. The fans practically fell or pulled right off. And the sugars aren’t compromised at all. Surprised. The buds themselves are awesome. Can’t wait to try it.

IMG_3487.jpeg

And now, for one of my favorite harvest celebrations - the smoking of the sacred scissor hash.

:rofl: :hookah:
IMG_3490.jpeg

Edit: holy shit. That was a fruity explosion that has me drooling on myself. This weed is going to be way powerful…Jesus. I’m shocked at how spun I am. I rarely get spun.

Back
Top Bottom