Jon705's First Attempt at Organic SuperSoil Featuring TopLED's New COB LED Panel

They have red, white and IR diodes in them I think, im trying to find the specs on them right now.

Jon,

Quick question are each light source isolated from each other? I also checked out Area 51 lights. They state that Epistar doesn't make a 5 watt LED isn't that what the MARS 2 use?

Jon,

Quick question are each light source isolated from each other? I also checked out Area 51 lights. They state that Epistar doesn't make a 5 watt LED isn't that what the MARS 2 use?
Theres 15 diodes per power source with my panels, kind off like 20 mini panels inside a big case, if one of them breaks its simple to unplug the 15 diode panel and replace it.These lights have a lifetime parts warranty. That has been on the site for a few years so maybe they just havent changed it, im sure Sara's lights use epistar bro:)

Hello Everyone, I believe this will be a very very great news for all of you. I talked with my boss these days. and she checked area51's light. it has 300pcs LED, white and red only, half and half. they use CREE LED, CREE white is really very bright. so we do not think our 240x5w can compare with the light Jon is using. Boss decide to give Jon 2 240x5w to compare with one area 51, that is very fair, right? we are using Epistar, it is not as bright as CREE's white.

But we want all people here to tell us how you want to make the lights? do the same spectrum with area51? red and white only? or you have some other suggestions? we will make the light ASAP, then ship to Jon. thank u all .

I will be very appreciate if you can use easier English because it is hard for me to read sometimes. :):Namaste: have a great day .

Good job Sara!

Hello Everyone, I believe this will be a very very great news for all of you. I talked with my boss these days. and she checked area51's light. it has 300pcs LED, white and red only, half and half. they use CREE LED, CREE white is really very bright. so we do not think our 240x5w can compare with the light Jon is using. Boss decide to give Jon 2 240x5w to compare with one area 51, that is very fair, right? we are using Epistar, it is not as bright as CREE's white.

But we want all people here to tell us how you want to make the lights? do the same spectrum with area51? red and white only? or you have some other suggestions? we will make the light ASAP, then ship to Jon. thank u all .

I will be very appreciate if you can use easier English because it is hard for me to read sometimes. :):Namaste: have a great day .

I think that will be an awesome setup for jon to test with. And your english is getting better :)

Hi Jon, they are using CREE LED, but the problem is CREE do not have IR. all of us knows that. so where is the problem? is there something wrong about Area51's specs? I just want to be clear about everything, then we will not make any mistake. thank u .
these are the specs for my lights Sara.
595 watt actual draw - covers a 1.2m2 - 1.4m2 area
4 switches controlling power and available spectrum
Helio 3 watt TOP BIN LED diodes
cool white:red:deep red: infrared @ 5 : 9 : 1
LIFETIME parts warranty.

ok, we do the same spectrum as area51, but we can not confirm now, right? we can not make that high. now it is 520~530w. voltage has been fixed, we can only change current, current is really very high now, it is 690~740mA. we can not incrase now.
I would love for these lights to have the same spectrums in the same amounts as the Area 51 lights Sara, they are proven to work well and I have friends that are very interested in these lights with those spectrums. Once they see my results it wont be long before you start getting more orders ourtside of 420 Magazine. I was looking at the power draw on your website and I understand that you cant run the diodes full power because they will overheat the equipment and not last as long but your only running them at half power, could you make them 750w actual draw? would that be to much heat for the unit?

yes, we are considering to add some white in the middle with a large angle to mixed with other color . we will try our best to fix this thing once we find the best way. thank you very much.
another thing Sara, I have a suggestion for the COB panel, why cant you put singlle lensed soft white diodes around the COB units, maybe 10-12 single soft white diodes spaced out evenly around the COB units?

we are big customer, we can customize bigger size chip.
Jon,

Theres 15 diodes per power source with my panels, kind off like 20 mini panels inside a big case, if one of them breaks its simple to unplug the 15 diode panel and replace it.These lights have a lifetime parts warranty. That has been on the site for a few years so maybe they just havent changed it, im sure Sara's lights use epistar bro:)

Jon, You misinterpreted my first part of the question. (Though the answer was helpful). I meant when I look at your grow space you have all types of lights in there... HPS. LED etc... You have to be getting crossover light from each different unit. You don't have a controlled environment. I am basing this on the picture of your room from the first entry of the journal. I have two tents that a isolated from each other so when I run a test it prevents this. I might be missing something so please correct me if I am...

Jon, You misinterpreted my first part of the question. (Though the answer was helpful). I meant when I look at your grow space you have all types of lights in there... HPS. LED etc... You have to be getting crossover light from each different unit. You don't have a controlled environment. I am basing this on the picture of your room from the first entry of the journal. I have two tents that a isolated from each other so when I run a test it prevents this. I might be missing something so please correct me if I am...
only 2 kinds of lights led and hps, theres crossover between the 2 middle led panels and the single hps right now but the 2 led's on the end and the 2 hps on the other end have no crossover, when the lights get here I will mount them like this, 2 TopLed panels then 2 area 51 panels then 2 more area 51 panels then 2 1000w hps, the lights will be mounted at the right distance apart so that there should be very little crossover. Led's with lenses have focused beams of light, you can see the the shadow on your hand when you move it outside the core footprint so as long as they are spaced correctly there should be very little crossover, because they wont start to cross over until below the canopy outside of the core footprint.

Hi Jon, they are using CREE LED, but the problem is CREE do not have IR. all of us knows that. so where is the problem? is there something wrong about Area51's specs? I just want to be clear about everything, then we will not make any mistake. thank u .
My lights are the model before the SGS 160 Sara, they have 300 3w Helios diodes in them with 6 cooling fans, the dimensions are 25 x 25 x 2.5 with 80 degree lenses. I ll pm you a link to them:)

Heres a few shots of wht I ve been upp to for the last week, I still have the front of the house left to cover and then install the new weeping tile and window wells then back fill and put the back deck back on the house but by the time im done this house will be 100% waterproof:)g]

Really nice work. My basement is now covered too... the river runs around now :cheesygrinsmiley:

UPDATE

DAY 17 FROM THE FLIP( to me this would be day 10 of flower, 7 days for the transition)
TEMPS 75 DEGREES DATIME 68 DEGREES NIGHTIME
RH 40-45% STEADY
CO2 1500 PPM

Just a quick update guys before I get back in the hole.
All the big girls are looking great and just doing they're thing the only new news is these timewrecks, the 2 in the big room are now easily 12 inches taller and the stalks are twice as thick as the timewreck under the COB, I removed the upsidedown 10 gallon pots I was using for stands and put them right on the ground, they are the same height as the rest of the canopy, Im going to have to keep this in mind next round to make sure I dont veg threm too big before the flip. The one under the COB looks great, its perfectly healthy, its hasnt stretched much at all so it has nice tight node spacing but the little nugs arent quite as far along as the other 2. this could be due to different phenotypes, we wont know this for sure until next round when I put that pheno in the big room. So far so good with the SS in the Timewreck pots too, nothing but ro water and 2 microbial tea feedings and they look great.
41021.JPG
5796.JPG
31368.JPG
6704.JPG
7602.JPG
8470.JPG
9365.JPG
22182.JPG
21542.JPG
18175.JPG
20136.JPG
15207.JPG
14243.JPG
13267.JPG
12369.JPG
12007.JPG
10366.JPG
111003.JPG

Timewecks
18175.JPG
18175.JPG

Heres 2 of my panels, as u can see ones not on..
23161.JPG

heres the 2 plants under those lights, you can see where the light stops pretty much right inbetween them, theres very little crossover light from panel to panel when they are mounted correctly.
24147.JPG

and heres the Timewreck under the COB, I ll do a seperate update with side by side shots a s soon as I get this foundation done.
16202.JPG
17188.JPG

thats it for now hope you enjoy the pics:)

Back
Top Bottom