Jon705's First Attempt at Organic SuperSoil Featuring TopLED's New COB LED Panel

and I would keep testing the COB at the same time in the same space,as many times as TopLed wanted me too, I still prefer traditional Led panels with individual lenses, I dont mind doing these tests for TopLed but I dont want to buy COB lights thats why I wanted the MarsII to try out and compare them to my panels. I dont think im asking to much.I ll be in the market for another 4 big panels next spring or twice as many Area 51 panels to replace those hydro suckers, I figured if I liked the MarsII and bought those over the Area 51"s people here would notice and Sara would probably get more sales because of it.

I don't think there's any "probably" about it Jon. I am sure they would get many more sales.

It would be a real shame for you not to be able to test further. I'm hoping something can be worked out for you to continue to test the cob lights as well as the big Mars ll lights. With your help, I believe they will get the cob lights dialed in. But it has to be worth your time too.

It is one thing to hear people chat about what they think from other forums. It's another thing altogether to watch a real pro do a serious comparison test. Let me say that even clearer... Seeing evidence that someone is growing a plant with a light doesn't say much. Seeing evidence of how one light grows in comparison to HPS or another LED, with conditions being absolutely equal between them, now THAT is demonstrable evidence of the efficacy of the light.

TopLED and you, both have a lot to offer. I sure hope something is worked out.

This grow you did was a master class full of really insightful information. And your willingness to help has been witnessed by all.

How incredible would it be for TopLED to have the bragging rights that a comparison grow showed their lights to be equal to or better than the competition and maybe even HID! With their considerably better price, I think TopLED would have a surge in sales.

Even if it showed that it was slightly less than HPS, with their far superior pricing and lower-cost of use, I think TopLED would make out like a bandit.

Anyway Jon, I really appreciate this journal and your willingness to help. I will continue to follow your journals and learn from you.

I deal with that kind of thing from time to time where I live as well.

There is a pretty simple way of dealing with it that might work for you. PayPal a trusted friend in the US the money to buy these. Have them shipped to him. He takes them directly to a UPS store and sends them to you. Barely adds anything to the cost of shipping.

The big problem you face, and the one I do too is that if you ever had to send them back for warranty work it would be almost impossible. It would cost you more to send them back probably than to buy new ones. And the company would probably only send them back to your friend who bought them. So you end up paying shipping both ways again.

Yeah the warranty issue is the biggest one for me. If I dick around on amazon for a lot of things you can find ppl who will ship stuff to aust anyway like when I found my zildjian k 20" ride cymbal (Best. Ride. Ever.), even with the way above standard price from amazon and ridiculous shipping it was still 50% cheaper than locally and took less time to arrive than local would have anyway, but something like this is a bit too much.

Yeah the warranty issue is the biggest one for me. If I dick around on amazon for a lot of things you can find ppl who will ship stuff to aust anyway like when I found my zildjian k 20" ride cymbal (Best. Ride. Ever.), even with the way above standard price from amazon and ridiculous shipping it was still 50% cheaper than locally and took less time to arrive than local would have anyway, but something like this is a bit too much.

100% agree on the cymbal. Lol.

I am one of those watching TopLed as well. I will be in the market soon and am watching this with great interest. I hope ToPLed allows this test run as laid out by Jon.

see i think you might be right, but i also know plants have been evolving and adapting far longer than humans have been here and doing "science" science does not explain everything,and there are many things plants do that science does not understand or even comprehend, like why have my plants turned to face me instead of the light after i moved them out of the tent for a couple hours! i had the liner out to clean and was sitting at the computer no light sources anywhere near me besides my monitors, just me and some music playing low, i turned around and they had tipped in my direction rather than the hps they were only 6 feet from bout 1o ft from me! kinda creeped me out and i cant come up with any plausible explanation, , my point being is despite our sizable knowledge on plants we dont know everything, so im always open to new ideas and concepts, i think back a few years to when i was first introduced to how to feminize seeds with colloidal silver and how totaly nuts that sounded but its a common tool i use regularly now, or how appalled i was at the though of washing my meds in a tub of hot then cold water!! i remember thinking "right ! thats a great way to ruin my crop!" now its mandatory, so maybe full spectrum lights will be the everyday thing i wont be without who knows!!:thumb: the videos i saw on another bud mag site showing a side by side vs a 1k hps looked impressive!

Hey BID just a thought... Your a big CO2 generator sitting there in the dark. They could have been looking for that. Yet I believe ya gotta show the ladies the LOVE. They seem to respond to that.

OK Jon another question... sorry

So I now have this "sand" :cheesygrinsmiley: I know I can just keep it like that but do you "form" it? if so how?

Thanks Jon

I can dig their desire to better-perfect the COB light, but as someone who has donated their time, effort and feedback to test a light (and ultimately to have found it lacking), then to offer the company an excellent opportunity to showcase their flagship unit, you would think they'd be all over that. After all, it's only one light and it could result in far more sales.

Just look at BID's results. The quality of the medicine he produced this time has HAD to result in some added sales. Not to mention, the light isn't "expected" to be a donation. As described in the initial discussions, should you desire to keep it, it will be offered at a substantial discount as a result of participation. I didn't bracket that in quotes, but that was the gist of it I'm sure.
the quality is there in spades! i have another leg of testing to do before i can sign off of and fully endorse my mars2 80x5watt, thats next with a longer vegged well known to me strain in a tried and true medium and nutes, it will be not more than 2 plants in coco 2-5 gal smartpots,and unmentionable nutes,lst topping etc. to see about how high i can get the weight
so far im thrilled with the light, i will buy more if im happy with the numbers, if not i will use the light for breeding,and connoisseur strains, and continue looking for a light that will give the weight, (i think this one will do it tho) i wish jon was using the mars2 i think his skill with led would sell alot of units, well worth it for topled to invest in jon, ,:thumb:
I just think cob is not there yet, in time im sure it will be, but the doodad i have is proving its ability to me every day
Hey BID just a thought... Your a big CO2 generator sitting there in the dark. They could have been looking for that. Yet I believe ya gotta show the ladies the LOVE. They seem to respond to that.
hmm yeah could be, i also think every living thing has a vibration or invisible signals the plants should be able to feel how much i love them,also its a proven scientific fact that plants love music inparticular they seem to love rock/metal music well im jamming metal all the time so my theory is the combination of music and my energy and now that you mention it co2 output they tipped towards me,also they were getting 1200 +watts of hps at the time and may not have been in need of light as much as other things, who knows but it sure tripped me out and made me think and check what i was smoking!lol

OK Jon another question... sorry

So I now have this "sand" :cheesygrinsmiley: I know I can just keep it like that but do you "form" it? if so how?

Thanks Jon
I put it in little jars and cure it for a week or so. I leave it just the way it is and either vape it with my vape pen or smoke it on a dab rig, a titanium or glass nail attachement for a bong.you can mix it into a joint but use alot of weed and a little hash or it will plug up when it melts:)

the quality is there in spades! i have another leg of testing to do before i can sign off of and fully endorse my mars2 80x5watt, thats next with a longer vegged well known to me strain in a tried and true medium and nutes, it will be not more than 2 plants in coco 2-5 gal smartpots,and unmentionable nutes,lst topping etc. to see about how high i can get the weight
so far im thrilled with the light, i will buy more if im happy with the numbers, if not i will use the light for breeding,and connoisseur strains, and continue looking for a light that will give the weight, (i think this one will do it tho) i wish jon was using the mars2 i think his skill with led would sell alot of units, well worth it for topled to invest in jon, ,:thumb:
I just think cob is not there yet, in time im sure it will be, but the doodad i have is proving its ability to me every day

Yeah I'm pretty sure my lady is happy under her mars2. Every day she makes me smile a bit more when I see her girl bits getting bigger. Of course there is still plenty of time for me to screw things up, it's my first day! I think I'll be getting at least enough off her to see me through a longer grow with more veg time, which is all I really want.

*disclaimer* Total noob to growing and I might be stuffing up entirely.

hmm yeah could be, i also think every living thing has a vibration or invisible signals the plants should be able to feel how much i love them,also its a proven scientific fact that plants love music inparticular they seem to love rock/metal music well im jamming metal all the time so my theory is the combination of music and my energy and now that you mention it co2 output they tipped towards me,also they were getting 1200 +watts of hps at the time and may not have been in need of light as much as other things, who knows but it sure tripped me out and made me think and check what i was smoking!lol

Yup we all vibrate, from the simplest things like brownian motion to ridiculously theoretical ideas like string theory. Crystals all vibrate at a specific frequency, it's why crystal radios work without a battery, and why quartz clocks are so accurate. Quite simply, unless something is at absolute zero, it's gonna vibrate no matter what you do.

What sort of metal are we talking? Motley Crue, Megadeth or Meshuggah? \m/ I was born at around the same time as the first black sabbath album, and I'm happy that metal has gotten heavier as the years have passed, just like me. :)

I've also heard they do real well with classical music.

Mine will be receiving some classical, rock and even maybe a little country so that I have well-rounded plants. :)

Subbed. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on this one.

I put it in little jars and cure it for a week or so. I leave it just the way it is and either vape it with my vape pen or smoke it on a dab rig, a titanium or glass nail attachement for a bong.you can mix it into a joint but use alot of weed and a little hash or it will plug up when it melts:)

Thank you! The hardest thing about this process is leaving it alone long enough to cure :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Jon

Yeah I'm pretty sure my lady is happy under her mars2. Every day she makes me smile a bit more when I see her girl bits getting bigger. Of course there is still plenty of time for me to screw things up, it's my first day! I think I'll be getting at least enough off her to see me through a longer grow with more veg time, which is all I really want.

*disclaimer* Total noob to growing and I might be stuffing up entirely.

Yup we all vibrate, from the simplest things like brownian motion to ridiculously theoretical ideas like string theory. Crystals all vibrate at a specific frequency, it's why crystal radios work without a battery, and why quartz clocks are so accurate. Quite simply, unless something is at absolute zero, it's gonna vibrate no matter what you do.

What sort of metal are we talking? Motley Crue, Megadeth or Meshuggah? \m/ I was born at around the same time as the first black sabbath album, and I'm happy that metal has gotten heavier as the years have passed, just like me. :)

Ah Black Sabbath CLASSIC one of first concerts I went too... I have mellowed quite a bit from those days..

Hello Everyone, I believe this will be a very very great news for all of you. I talked with my boss these days. and she checked area51's light. it has 300pcs LED, white and red only, half and half. they use CREE LED, CREE white is really very bright. so we do not think our 240x5w can compare with the light Jon is using. Boss decide to give Jon 2 240x5w to compare with one area 51, that is very fair, right? we are using Epistar, it is not as bright as CREE's white.

But we want all people here to tell us how you want to make the lights? do the same spectrum with area51? red and white only? or you have some other suggestions? we will make the light ASAP, then ship to Jon. thank u all .

I will be very appreciate if you can use easier English because it is hard for me to read sometimes. :):Namaste: have a great day .

That sounds great sara but you don't think your 600w actual draw panel will compare to a 155w panel? Or does Jon have a different panel then the ones advertised on Area51's site? The ones I see have 48 cree whites, and 24 cree reds. Not sure where you got 300 pcs of leds? Sorry if I'm confused.

Hello Everyone, I believe this will be a very very great news for all of you. I talked with my boss these days. and she checked area51's light. it has 300pcs LED, white and red only, half and half. they use CREE LED, CREE white is really very bright. so we do not think our 240x5w can compare with the light Jon is using. Boss decide to give Jon 2 240x5w to compare with one area 51, that is very fair, right? we are using Epistar, it is not as bright as CREE's white.

But we want all people here to tell us how you want to make the lights? do the same spectrum with area51? red and white only? or you have some other suggestions? we will make the light ASAP, then ship to Jon. thank u all .

I will be very appreciate if you can use easier English because it is hard for me to read sometimes. :):Namaste: have a great day .

Hi Sara,

So two 240's would be about 37% more LED's. What would be their combined watt draw be? Have not looked at the Area 51 so not sure what they draw in watts. It also depends on your price point of two lights vs one Area 51 light. Interesting proposal...

Back
Top Bottom