Jon705's First Attempt at Organic SuperSoil Featuring TopLED's New COB LED Panel

COB UPDATE

as you guys already know all 9 of these Timewrecks started out under the COB panel, once the last round was done I moved them into the flower room to benefit from the co2, 7 of them went into the big room off to the side of a 1000w Hortilux superlumen hps and the other 2 went into the res room with the COB. Within 2 weeks the 7 under the hps had double the size of the 2 under the COB. All 7 of the plants under the hps have showed sex without having to sex them, the 2 that were under the COB still have not shown sex, I have now moved one of them out into the big room and one is still under the COB. I think both that were under the COB are males but it looks like its going to take a few more days to show. Clearly the plants under the COB are nowhere near as developed and mature as the others, maybe this is because the light was too far away but I dont think so, either way the light is now 20 inches from the plant and it looks to be right in the brightest part of the light. I have a feeling its a male though, so chances are I ll be taking one of the big females and putting it under the COB pretty soon so we shall see how the COB does in flower with the exact same size plant as the other 2 under the big lights, one under the hps and the other under one of my big panels.
the plant on the left is the COB plant, the one next to it in the middle is the one under the hps and the one on the right is the one that has been under one of my big panels for the last few days.Check out the difference in the stalks.
DSCF56251.JPG

hps and big panel timewreck
DSCF5630.JPG

hps and big panel timewreck
DSCF5629.JPG

COB Timewreck
DSCF5628.JPG

heres a few shots of the node spacing on the 2 big plants.you can see that they are females and even the very top of the branches are thicker than the main stalk on the COB plants.
DSCF5631.JPG
DSCF56321.JPG
DSCF5633.JPG
DSCF5635.JPG
DSCF5638.JPG
DSCF5637.JPG

Heres some shots of the COB plant, its clearly nowhere near as developed as the others.
DSCF5634.JPG
DSCF56361.JPG
DSCF56391.JPG

Heres the COB plant back in its home with the light at 20 inches from the canopy.
DSCF5641.JPG

and here you can see how far away the big panels are compared to the COB, easily double the distance if not more.
DSCF56431.JPG

you can see the Timewreck right in the middle of the big girls.
Alot of you guys think the COB is or was to far away so it looks like I ll be doing this test again next round, I ll have the light alot closer right from the get go and we shall see what happens then.Because the 2 under the COB havent shown sex yet I havent transplanted them into 7 gallon pots with Supersoil, so the 2 are still in 3 gallon pots getting fed the unmentionable nutes, its only been 4 days since transplant into ss for the others, the 7 in the big room doubled in size in 2 weeks and they were still in the 3 gallon pots, so I dont think getting transplanted had much to do with the size difference.

too bad you cant get par ratings at different heights from top led , Advanced leds provide par ratings for all their lights at 18" and 24"
love the room bro + reps all day.:)

Been meaning to ask you, what are those really nice looking planet supporters you have on each plant? Is that something that you bought? If so can I ask where?

They just really big tomatoes cages bro, 42 inches tall 22 inches wide. I use the rings as tie offs for the branches once they start getting heavy, works great and keeps the branches spaced out nicely:)

That is really nice. Thank you.

Do you also use that to train them so they don't get too tall?

That looks beautiful.

So you are allowing a lot of space per plant.

In a previous post you said they got as wide as 5 feet. Does that mean you are spacing them 5 feet apart in your room?

That looks beautiful.

So you are allowing a lot of space per plant.

In a previous post you said they got as wide as 5 feet. Does that mean you are spacing them 5 feet apart in your room?
yep give or take, some plants are wider than others, some are oblong, its like a puzzle. I ll take a pic of the 8bk with a tape measure, its easily 5 ft wide now and its its gonna get alot bigger they are just starting to stretch now:)

Would you mind if I ask you how big is the space in your pictures showing the large room full of plants?

And how many plants do you normally have in it? In the picture above, it looks like you have somewhere between 17 and 20 plants, by my rough count. And I think you've mentioned that each are in 10 gallon pots, right?

I'm looking to buy or build a new home in the not-too-distant future. And while I don't think I need the kind of yield that you probably get, I'd like to start to take my space needs into account.

Would you mind if I ask you how big is the space in your pictures showing the large room full of plants?

And how many plants do you normally have in it? In the picture above, it looks like you have somewhere between 17 and 20 plants, by my rough count. And I think you've mentioned that each are in 10 gallon pots, right?

I'm looking to buy or build a new home in the not-too-distant future. And while I don't think I need the kind of yield that you probably get, I'd like to start to take my space needs into account.
theres only 8 large plants and 2 small timewreck in there bro, the room is 12 x 18, the small ones are in 7 gallon pots and the big ones are in 10's:)

theres only 8 large plants and 2 small timewreck in there bro, the room is 12 x 18, the small ones are in 7 gallon pots and the big ones are in 10's:)

Well, those are some seriously big plants. More like Godzilla plants. :bravo:

If you were starting over, and were designing your space, would you design a rectangle or more of a square space?

Well, those are some seriously big plants. More like Godzilla plants. :bravo:

If you were starting over, and were designing your space, would you design a rectangle or more of a square space?
thanks bro, It all depends on what your looking for really, are you designing a room for personal meds or for a cash crop? how much money are we talking here? personally I like rectangle rooms, 2 or 3 rows of plants, if your really going to design a room around a grow then figure out what the footprint is of the lights you plan to use and how many you plan to use and go from there just leave yourself at least a foot or 2 all the way around your plants just to make it easier to feed and work on them.I was going to build a 20 x 30 grow shop this fall but this foundation thing came up so I wont be starting the build until next spring, this will be a designated building for both my flower and veg rooms and a trim/supersoil making/ drying room, a complete self contained growshop, I cant fraking wait for it to be done:)

Back
Top Bottom