JoeGrower619 Running 8 New $trains Perpetually Under 1200 Watts

PlanetJ"Mine will have to do with the water in there, and what I use to top it off to keep it filled ... I do not change the res. Nor is anything in it. Just tap."

Thanks ur using the bubbler method right planetj ? So for ur whole clone run u just top off no res change right, and nothing but tap water ?
I use tap water also with a somewhat decent filter that can attach to just ur sink faucet but its no RO water but decent and I like to let it sit out 24 hours first too just bcuz of what I have read on helping rid chlorine. If it actually makes a difference idk, but its habit now. Plus I use clonex gel to dip and clonex solution in my res. I'm thinking about roots excel. after I see roots. I feel I could let the water go the whole round. Though I have a 2 valve air pump and 2 stones bubbling in there . IDK if that makes a difference or not, but seems like if u don't change urs and get results I can prolly get away with it. Other prefrances or suggestion's will be taken into consideration also, So guess I am gonna do some more surfing on the subject.
Really appreciate ur input planetj thanks for ur time and help I'm liking what I see over on ur journal I love watching experiments however off the wall they might be it is always interesting to see end results

Chlorine is a bitch for sure. I do not let it sit, and the water in my glasses with clones is changed fairly daily .. I noticed 'something' sortof decolouring the leaf and pinching it in width ... I am fairly sure this is the chlorine, as I do not experience this issue in bubbled water.

You recapped my 'method' right. I fill the bucket, put the airstone in, start bubbling, and then get to taking cuttings and placing them in a glass of water that has been sitting for at least an hour, or has been bubbled for a bit as well. By the time I am done taking cuttings, and manicuring them, the bucket has had time enough to bubble .. and I just dunk the cuttings in there, hanging them by their fanleafs or putting them in a piece of foam, and setting that on the oven grate covering the bucket.

As a side note, it is not my method. I saw some dude on youtube do it, and was short on supplies .. and my previous lid gave up. It works tho, so meh .. KIS :)

That sounds like good contraption and technique I haven't changed it but think I'm going to tomarrow I and put new clonex solution and some RTS. Excel. In their to now that they have some roots going hopefully b able to put them in soil in a few days or so and hopefully the new strains will be close to ready to take some cuts from them to start the next round

So figured I'd post an update on the new 7 tonight. We'll get the repeat wet dreams tomarrow but not to much going on wit the 7 noobs. Thats why there haven't been to many updates . All have latched on to there medium of happy frog and botanicare coco mix nicely and starting to pop on the growth now. So should start rolling along now, I would love to have all in flower within 2-3 weeks tops but need to get some cuts from them. Just a waiting game and while on subject my wet dream cuts are rooting nice in the cloner hopefully in medium soon. Then next run for new 7's cuts. I got some pics for ya they are costing me to I had my SLH raised and it fell when I grabbed the box an chopped her. She's on by a thread literally. I taped her maybe she'll heal but idk prolly have to dip her and throw her in the cloner which six but as long as I save her I'll be happy here we are.
IMG_20150313_233943.jpg
IMG_20150313_234047.jpg
IMG_20150313_234403.jpg
IMG_20150313_234330.jpg
IMG_20150313_234139.jpg
IMG_20150313_234111.jpg
IMG_20150313_234754.jpg
IMG_20150313_234532.jpg
IMG_20150313_234551.jpg
IMG_20150313_234630.jpg

If you can, I'd love picks of the build :) Looking good btw .. how come they are so tall ? Is that what you get when you do not top ? (I have topped since my first grow)

Yes I will take pics and document it. I will prolly make a thread for it in the Diy section. I have a few good Diy things, I have made over the years should prolly start threads for. There's my ghetto fab cooler conditioner lol it's cooler ice chest with a fan the more power the better those blower fans work good but any will do. And a block of ice lasts about a week. I have others too but I'll post up the Diy threads later just gave a basic watering to my older wet dream girls out in the cabinet with added silica. Here's some pics. I tied them down a Lil more just trying to make the branches even and hoping for an even canopy with my other girl's the 7 newbs.
IMG_20150315_092806.jpg
IMG_20150315_093025.jpg
IMG_20150315_093559.jpg

Also super lemon haze started to die from her snapping in half the other day so I cut her at a 45 dipped her and tossed her in she didn't wanna perk up so I had to cut most of the foliage and 20 mins later she perked up wit a Lil pH balance water Spritz's so I hope I get her to root we should be cool.

Next time you could try to use superglue and tape to fix her up. If there is a way for the sap to get up, it will probably heal itself and grow on.

That's a cool video planet j thanks.My last grow was my first go at super cropping and LST. Of course I had a couple breaks and branch split's from the stalks. So I did a lot of taping but didn't know about super glue or gorilla glue thats good to know and very interesting. I think because it was having on by so little it just wasn't enough too be able to transfer water or food or if so very little so I just took it cut er at a 45 slit the stem cuz she was thick and hollow put her in the bucket spayed her and boom she perked up she's like a bare stick though cuz the leafs were just to heavy and draped down.

You have a very nice collection of strains JoeGrower's!
I never grew Blackwater OG before but there was a time where I was desperate looking for that strain. Have you flower it before?
I have Cherry Pie vegetating right now, also Platinum GSC, GSC Forum Cut, Animal Crackers and Diamond OG, all being prepared for my next run.
Keep doing the good work!
Peace..

You have a very nice collection of strains JoeGrower's!
I never grew Blackwater OG before but there was a time where I was desperate looking for that strain. Have you flower it before?
I have Cherry Pie vegetating right now, also Platinum GSC, GSC Forum Cut, Animal Crackers and Diamond OG, all being prepared for my next run.
Keep doing the good work!
Peace..

Thank you thekeykeeper I appreciate it. I didn't have to work to hard since I got all of them from my guy . The only 1 I am really willing to deal with. It's funny that I met this person through Craigslist which doesn't seem like the place to meet an cool truthful person though i did and am i glad. We have kept in touch and been dealing with each other for about two years now so it worked out to be a good thing. The black water though I love the strain one of my favorites definitely haven't flowered her yet so I guess you will find out as I do also lol. Sounds to me you have quite the list of strains also animal crackers I haven't even heard of that yet lol what's the cross do you know.

Subbed! Lookin great so far man. Can't wait to see the rooms!
As far as Roots Excel...
I use it all the way up to week 4 of flower. Once or twice a week when they are in Solo cups and then its constantly in the res for flower. The ladies love it. I'm stoked the SLH is turning around. One of the favorites aside from XJ-13.

Much love and respect!

Subbed! Lookin great so far man. Can't wait to see the rooms!
As far as Roots Excel...
I use it all the way up to week 4 of flower. Once or twice a week when they are in Solo cups and then its constantly in the res for flower. The ladies love it. I'm stoked the SLH is turning around. One of the favorites aside from XJ-13.

Much love and respect!

Hey sphnx I never thought I'd be so stoked to here from someone on here glad too see all is well bud hope so at least and glad to have u here buddy I miss those huge sphnx jungle journals hope you got something up ur sleeve can't wait to see it and I finally got my lazy ass to finish the frames I'll post some pics and this up a Diy thread for it later on too well imma take some pics upload em and post em here in a min.

Okay so I took the pics mind you I only have the frame together but I will post it up and the pieces, tools and instructions. I am uploading them as we speak but I gotta run and grab my laundry real quick so brb with the update.

Okay so here we go I finally have completed the framing to each room. I have almost every thing all that's left is the foam insulation boarding that will be used for walls and roof then flooring and doors I'm thinking panda poly plastic sheeting. And magnet tape to hold the door closed and light tight. All necessities for this build were purchased at Home Depot. The only thing that won't will be the panda poly film. So I will list all and any tools and products bought and used for the rooms an I will include instructions of the build. Last but not least there will be pics to go along with. Here we go.

1. (11) 10'ft. X 1/2" in. Schedule 40 PVC pipe. $ 18.37 / $1.67 a piece.
IMG_20150302_224555.jpg

2. (16) 1/2" in. Pvc 3 way 90° corner elbows bottom end is threaded.
IMG_20150316_230822.jpg
IMG_20150316_230852.jpg

3. (16) 1/2" in. Sleeve to 1/2" in male threads. PVC fitting.
IMG_20150316_230841.jpg

4. (4) 1/2" in. PVC T fittings.
IMG_20150316_231107.jpg

5. (2) 1/2" in. 4 way cross PVC fittings.
IMG_20150316_231100.jpg

So that covers all pieces needed for the framework.

Here's the list of tools needed
1.copper, PVC pipe cutter.
2.pocket knife.
3.sharpie
4.tape measurer.
5.razor blade.
6.lighter with beeline hempwick
7.song steam roller fresh cleaned with 420 cleaner.
8.scissors/fiskars.
9. Moonrocks/sour grape kush.
10. Red hot blue PVC glue.
IMG_20150317_014605.jpg

So for 1 roughly 3'ftX3'ftX5'ft easy basic PVC framed grow room.

(4) 5'ft lengths. For your upright supports.
(4) 3'ft lengths used for your bottom frame support put together with your 3 way corner connections.
(12)18" in lengths for your top support frame.

First you want to build a cross with ur 4 way connection and 4 18" in lengths then add ur 4 it's on them then add an 18" in length to each side of that then add ur corner 3 way connections to complete a square with a cross in the middle and ur good. After that screw all ur male thread female sleeves in and connect her all together and your frame is done that's it really easy especially when its all explained for you right in front of you lol.
IMG_20150316_231025.jpg
IMG_20150316_231658.jpg

IMG_20150316_230924.jpg

IMG_20150316_231640.jpg

I have build my own PVC tent before, the only problem I had was to make a perfect door without light leaking :(
Looks nice bro!

Dual band of velcro with a thin foam layer between the bands, should do. The velcro on both sides will compress the foam, sealing any leaks.

Back
Top Bottom