Is This Your Homework Larry? Seedsman Skunk #1 In Soil

Not sure how to approach my reg seeds. How do I grow out reg seeds for flowering with only 4 pots.

That was my only issue with the law... most places that have become legal it’s 4 mature flowering plants, 4immature and 4 seedlings... or variations of that... in my opinion, what they don’t know won’t hurt anyone, especially when you’re likely going to cull half of the regs you start..... looking good in there though urb! I might have to try a Scrog (wow my phone just auto corrected that to Scrogdawg and I’ve never even mentioned him in a post before o_O big brother is watching lmao) it would really suit the killer Queen I’ve been running

That was my only issue with the law... most places that have become legal it’s 4 mature flowering plants, 4immature and 4 seedlings... or variations of that... in my opinion, what they don’t know won’t hurt anyone, especially when you’re likely going to cull half of the regs you start..... looking good in there though urb! I might have to try a Scrog (wow my phone just auto corrected that to Scrogdawg and I’ve never even mentioned him in a post before o_O big brother is watching lmao) it would really suit the killer Queen I’ve been running

I think I will have to break the law in order to get my 4 females of two different strains. But what they don’t know won’t hurt.

I still have some feminized stuff that is great but some of my reg seeds include some real top shelf frost that I want to try.

The scrog is great until it’s not. Makes it a breeze to train and looks clean. A bit of a pain for me to water and tend to the plants. Overall it’s probably increasing my yield.

that's the reason I haven't done it I like to top dress and things like that it would be pretty tough to get at it!
Exactly. I will be moving back to individual pots, such as the autopot system, or my fabric pots.

I like the Auto Pot scenario. It looks like you need to have plants that all within similar phases to use it efficiently. Cool idea! I can definitely see one in use in my garden, but I can't seem to see the money in my wallet...

Have you found a DIY yet?

I like the Auto Pot scenario. It looks like you need to have plants that all within similar phases to use it efficiently. Cool idea! I can definitely see one in use in my garden, but I can't seem to see the money in my wallet...

Have you found a DIY yet?

I looked but, the autopot system is $200, and by the time I buy all the crap and put something together...the cost won’t be worth the effort.

The autopot valve system is pretty slick for what I want to do. I hope it proves to be the magic bullet that sends my plants to the next levels

I’ve been looking at it as well. I think it would greatly improve my grow just by keeping the plants adequately watered.... feel like that’s one of my issues in flower that’s possibly hurting production and yield.... this killer Queen would scrog awesomely... maybe one day I’ll try to run the entire 4x4 with one plant that way I can still work underneath lol

I’ve been looking at it as well. I think it would greatly improve my grow just by keeping the plants adequately watered.... feel like that’s one of my issues in flower that’s possibly hurting production and yield.... this killer Queen would scrog awesomely... maybe one day I’ll try to run the entire 4x4 with one plant that way I can still work underneath lol
Exactly how I feel/think. My production could be suffering.

I have also though about making individual scrog screens for each pot to get the benefits of the screen as well as being mobile (like Van Stank I think).

I also wanted to mention the Crown Royale I have is loving the net, perhaps the Killer Queen could be similar. Some of the hybrids don’t mind the training at all.

Exactly how I feel/think. My production could be suffering.

I have also though about making individual scrog screens for each pot to get the benefits of the screen as well as being mobile (like Van Stank I think).

I also wanted to mention the Crown Royale I have is loving the net, perhaps the Killer Queen could be similar. Some of the hybrids don’t mind the training at all.

I think it was @bobrown14 who made a comment about a significant increase when he switched to the autopots... maybe he can correct me if I’m wrong lol... I just need to find somewhere to keep the reservoir.

And I was literally just thinking about welding myself a scrog net of sorts out of some 1/4”x1/2” steel pieces I’ve got in the scrap bin here at work... I won’t post a pic here, but if you take a peak at my journal you’ll see the killer Queen is taking up half my tent and I can see her starting to get floppy... and tying her to the roof is a serious pain in the ass!

I looked but, the autopot system is $200, and by the time I buy all the crap and put something together...the cost won’t be worth the effort.

The autopot valve system is pretty slick for what I want to do. I hope it proves to be the magic bullet that sends my plants to the next levels

I think that's a bit we all strive for. I know after my first grow I was thinking, bigger, more, bigger, more! And of course I still am. I'm getting ready to run my second Ultra since November, it will be a nice comparison.

I know getting on a schedule is nice and almost a necessity if you're running multiple plants. Get all the Dirt Girls on schedule makes feeding days heavy but less frequent.

I think it was @bobrown14 who made a comment about a significant increase when he switched to the autopots... maybe he can correct me if I’m wrong lol... I just need to find somewhere to keep the reservoir.

And I was literally just thinking about welding myself a scrog net of sorts out of some 1/4”x1/2” steel pieces I’ve got in the scrap bin here at work... I won’t post a pic here, but if you take a peak at my journal you’ll see the killer Queen is taking up half my tent and I can see her starting to get floppy... and tying her to the roof is a serious pain in the ass!

What do you use to tie her up? :laughtwo:

I'm serious though, what do you use?

What do you use to tie her up? :laughtwo:

I'm serious though, what do you use?

Pipe cleaners from the dollar store! Cheap and easy to reuse! I’ll twist one around the tent supports at the top and then twist however many I need together to reach the plant... usually 2-3... placed strategically it holds up the weight great! But it’s a pain to work around lol

Shit, sorry I missed this one little part, but you are more than welcome to share your photos here. My place is your place. That goes for anyone reading this.

I will go take a look regardless. But I think those are the ones that I need to clone and keep, the ones that love the scrog or net

Those autopot things are pretty kickass! Ive been looking at them for quite some time...one of the downfalls for it..imho, would be the fact the biggest system (XL) only holds 7 gallons of soil. Makes a quite a bit trickier/more finicky with living organic soil!

I've seen bobrown kill it with them, which sets me at ease a bit...but if I wanted a truly simple automated system I'm not sure I'd go with that little of amount of soil. I'm fairly certain that calls for more topdressing/feedings of some kind. Which is why I havent made the jump...YET!

I am seriously considering them for when I revamp my room..but have alot of questions to answer first! My other option would be blu-mats, which are absolutely killer from what I've seen! Of course they'd use fabric pots, at whatever size you prefer...even a 100 gal bed if you wanted to pheno hunt in it!!

Definitely love the conversation going on though! Would like others input on blumats!? I like monster plants btw..I limit myself to 4 or less plants so dont want to be hindered by the 7 gal, if thats how it happens to work out! Rambling now, plants are looking much better Urb :blunt:keep up the good work brother :snowboating:

Those autopot things are pretty kickass! Ive been looking at them for quite some time...one of the downfalls for it..imho, would be the fact the biggest system (XL) only holds 7 gallons of soil. Makes a quite a bit trickier/more finicky with living organic soil!

I've seen bobrown kill it with them, which sets me at ease a bit...but if I wanted a truly simple automated system I'm not sure I'd go with that little of amount of soil. I'm fairly certain that calls for more topdressing/feedings of some kind. Which is why I havent made the jump...YET!

I am seriously considering them for when I revamp my room..but have alot of questions to answer first! My other option would be blu-mats, which are absolutely killer from what I've seen! Of course they'd use fabric pots, at whatever size you prefer...even a 100 gal bed if you wanted to pheno hunt in it!!

Definitely love the conversation going on though! Would like others input on blumats!? I like monster plants btw..I limit myself to 4 or less plants so dont want to be hindered by the 7 gal, if thats how it happens to work out! Rambling now, plants are looking much better Urb :blunt:keep up the good work brother :snowboating:

Thanks! I am trying but not hitting it out of the park just yet.

I looked at the blumats too but just can’t trust them with my babies.

The small autopot size could be an issue for some but I am limited to 3ft x 3 ft x 6.5 ft. Which is plenty for 4 plants in 7 gal. I think if I put a layer of mulch and sand to prevent gnats....I could keep some good life in the soil going. Occasional tea.

What I have been researching is other grow methods. Like dwc with top drip in coco, or these killer Current Culture 4 bucket systems. Crazy stuff.

I flipped the schedule to 12/12. We gotta go. Rooster thinks it’s gonna hurt my yield and I agree. But I gotta move, this is 2 1/2 months ish. There is good growth and bad. Some leaves still showing what looks like calcium deficiency but burned tips. But in regular light it doesn’t look so bad. I am gonna attempt a bit of a heavy watering / flush tomorrow night.

Side chat.

I have some of this water conditioner that removes chlorine and chloramine, you think it’s worth trying?

View media item 1654617

Thanks! I am trying but not hitting it out of the park just yet.

I looked at the blumats too but just can’t trust them with my babies.

The small autopot size could be an issue for some but I am limited to 3ft x 3 ft x 6.5 ft. Which is plenty for 4 plants in 7 gal. I think if I put a layer of mulch and sand to prevent gnats....I could keep some good life in the soil going. Occasional tea.

What I have been researching is other grow methods. Like dwc with top drip in coco, or these killer Current Culture 4 bucket systems. Crazy stuff.

I flipped the schedule to 12/12. We gotta go. Rooster thinks it’s gonna hurt my yield and I agree. But I gotta move, this is 2 1/2 months ish. There is good growth and bad. Some leaves still showing what looks like calcium deficiency but burned tips. But in regular light it doesn’t look so bad. I am gonna attempt a bit of a heavy watering / flush tomorrow night.

Side chat.

I have some of this water conditioner that removes chlorine and chloramine, you think it’s worth trying?

View media item 1654617
With those space limitations...id say its a no brainer!! Definitely gonna do good for you! Why dont you trust the blumat 100%?

And I've been on a super "minimal inputs" kinda kick lately...I've hardly used anything other than pure RO the last 1 1/2 - 2 months. So personally, I would pass on the conditioner...less is more so to speak!

Back
Top Bottom