Is this leaf septoria? If so, what should I do?

I heard the term "Trim Jail" the first time the other day.....I thought to myself what an appropriate description!
It's a lot. The bud in the picture I'll be able to skim the bud with my scissors and get most of the leaf matter without destroying the bud. The little bit of leaf matter left after won't affect anything.
I agree with taking the rotted portions out completely if possible, especially if it is going to have a bad reaction for you. I remember bricks and some really great bud in one portion and horrible in another. I don't miss the bails one bit. Besides the seeds.. I wish I could have kept a few jars...

It's a lot. The bud in the picture I'll be able to skim the bud with my scissors and get most of the leaf matter without destroying the bud. The little bit of leaf matter left after won't affect anything.
I agree with taking the rotted portions out completely if possible, especially if it is going to have a bad reaction for you. I remember bricks and some really great bud in one portion and horrible in another. I don't miss the bails one bit. Besides the seeds.. I wish I could have kept a few jars...
I was diagnosed with asthma a few months ago but I am guessing I have had it for the past 3 to 4 years. I guess when you get it as an adult it is harder to maintain. Mold is probably my number 1 trigger. I already plan on wearing a N95 mask when dealing with my plants. I have had pneumonia 3 times over the past 4 years. One time it was so bad it landed me a 3 to 4 day hospital stay. So yeah, I am willing to sacrifice some bud if it means not needing to go to the hospital.

I was diagnosed with asthma a few months ago but I am guessing I have had it for the past 3 to 4 years. I guess when you get it as an adult it is harder to maintain. Mold is probably my number 1 trigger. I already plan on wearing a N95 mask when dealing with my plants. I have had pneumonia 3 times over the past 4 years. One time it was so bad it landed me a 3 to 4 day hospital stay. So yeah, I am willing to sacrifice some bud if it means not needing to go to the hospital.
A few years ago I got pneumonia so I totally understand. My stay was 6 days. Not fun at all. An inch or two on either side of the bad parts you can probably start saving again. Requires a lot more effort with examining them. The earworms I had this year, only reason I found them as quick as I did was examining the interior of the live buds. Bud by bud if needed. Spot a lot of issues earlier by doing so. A lot of issues will start on the inside where you don't see it until it's far too late. As long as you don't bend the sections of the buds too far apart you won't hurt them.

Requires a lot more effort with examining them. The earworms I had this year, only reason I found them as quick as I did was examining the interior of the live buds. Bud by bud if needed.
That's a good reason to wet trim since you're going bud by bud anyway.

Also, for anyone with lung issues, my wife's respiratory therapist said stay clear of vapes (live resin carts might be okay though).

I am not much of a smoker. I like to occasionally smoke at night with my husband but that is about it. I have baby lungs. The only thing I like to smoke out of is this tiny bong that is the size of a kids juice box or a Fat J....even though I will only take a couple of hits. I want to taste the weed more than the paper. I don't fool with anything else.

My husband has this thing that is like a bong but it is for smoking wax. Is that okay?
I like the live rosin. It's simple to make, after a little trial and error. Cleanest concentrate without solvents besides dry ice I believe. It's similar to shatter. Making myself I'm not concerned about anything being added. I prefer dabbing. Smell of herb is awesome occasionally. Some reason the smell overwhelms me. Especially when it's a heavy skunk. Whiff here and there love it. Constant I'm feeling a bit nauseous. Rosin doesn't have any heavy aroma and if you learn to take small puffs it doesn't kill you 😅🤣

Mold becomes an issue when it dries out. When wet it just grows on a surface. Once it dries out it releases spores into the air to spread to a better environment. Unfortunately, inside your lungs is a warm and moist place for spores to settle in and grow again. So dealing with wet mold is much safer than dry mold.

you have to open the buds and inspect them as you harvest.

this is what it looks like on the inside of a spoiled bud. notice the exterior looks fine.

full

all of the bud in this pic was rejected at harvest after checking the insides of the bud.

full

you have to be real careful with bud rot. break the buds open and check them.

Mold becomes an issue when it dries out. When wet it just grows on a surface. Once it dries out it releases spores into the air to spread to a better environment. Unfortunately, inside your lungs is a warm and moist place for spores to settle in and grow again. So dealing with wet mold is much safer than dry mold.
I have the mold issue and making live rosin. Wouldn't the heat press separate the good from the bad?

I agree, never kept plant with mold with exception of catching early in one area and treating whole plant after culling bad spots.

Back
Top Bottom