Is this leaf septoria? If so, what should I do?

I am in VA. We get all 4 seasons. Hot, humid summers and below-freezing winters. We don't get a lot of snow anymore though......damn global warming! I remember when I was a kid school being closed for days at a time because of snow. Now we are lucky to get enough snow to cause a school delay. The last blizzard we had was about 15 years ago.
Our winters might be getting warmer
But it seems we get bigger swings in temperature
Pretty sure last couple years even Texas got a taste of our arctic vortex

You just got to be ready for those couple days when you can do your shaking

I use the stem snap method but I also have a hygrometer in the drying box or tent to let me know how dry the air is in there. I take them off the lines around 70% RH and burp them down to 62% over two weeks.

And for the record, humidity packs are for long term storage of flowers, not for adjusting the humidity in them. Get the buds within 1% up or down before sealing them with humidity packs.
I wish we would have had this conversation sooner. I believe I over-dried my weed from my inside plants. From what I read online you are supposed to keep the humidity between 50 to 60% and temp between 60 to 70.

I wish we would have had this conversation sooner. I believe I over-dried my weed from my inside plants. From what I read online you are supposed to keep the humidity between 50 to 60% and temp between 60 to 70.
Jar the big buds up with the small buds & in a couple days check
The moisture should come out of the middle of the big buds to moisten your small buds
If not you can add a moist stem or piece of bread to bring it back up as a last resort

Did you get some hydrometers

Just to add a little, the reason I target 50% rh and 70° range for drying is because rule of thumb is to be 10% below target RH while drying so as not to dry too fast and 70° tends to be in range of what most experienced mentors said I should target. This has always worked well for me so I’ve stuck with it. I’d love to understand the science behind it better if someone knows and shares :)
Target for me was always 62% humidipaks for long term until I discovered 58% which I preferred for personal use once I found them…

From what I read online you are supposed to keep the humidity between 50 to 60%
If you leave them long enough in an environment lower than your target you are guaranteed to end up with a moisture level lower than your target.

50 to 60 is a broad range as 50% RH flowers won't cure. I would target 55-60 and make sure to buck them off the stems when the RH in the drying area is close to 70%.
I actually don't want it to ripen too much more. That is what has me worried. Everyone loved the high from the buds I flash-dried the other day. I don't want it to turn into couch lock.
Then what are you waiting for?

If you leave them long enough in an environment lower than your target you are guaranteed to end up with a moisture level lower than your target.

50 to 60 is a broad range as 50% RH flowers won't cure. I would target 55-60 and make sure to buck them off the stems when the RH in the drying area is close to 70%.

Then what are you waiting for?
In this regard, I’m not just leaving in 50% ish rh long term; as soon as my branches pass the snap test which I check daily starting at day 3, I moved to mason jars as soon as branch snapped instead of bending still. Then I did the burping regimen for at least 4-5 weeks in jars before introducing humidipak. This is my first run trying grove bags to avoid the burping regimen but I will be watching closely and still using mason and humidipak for special reserves and a backup just in case. I have enough oil and reserves so not too concerned but always keep a fail safe option for anything new I try so as not to lose all my hard work for any given run, playground or not :)
And to be clear, I think most if not all of us has thrown samples in oven or other such unrecommended option for a quick dry to get a taste even though less than ideal. But if you look up recommendations you will find a range of 45% to 55% rh being acceptable for best results so I’m right there in middle…

And correct, target is not 50% for cure, target is between 58% - 62% for cure hence the snap test which typically won’t succeed until just above 62% when you start burping to get down to 62 range …

But if you look up recommendations you will find a range of 45% to 55% rh being acceptable for best results so I’m right there in middle…
Sorry, I wasn't criticizing you budnoob, I was answering Lovie's question.

Some folks read those recommendations without realizing that that's just a starting point. Personally I dry at whatever is ambient in my neighborhood, which is usually in the mid to high 60s!

Back
Top Bottom