Invi's Second Attempt - Some Classic Strains

I just was reading back. don't put salt in your grow area. if you want to put something in to help and wont hurt use white rice instead:)
have you ever put salt on a table and set a sweaty can on top like a beer. the sweat wicks up the salt and soon the beer taste like it
know what I mean?

I'll try that, thanks!
:circle-of-love:

Made some photos too :)
Got no nute burn after 1.9ec, will raise a bit.
Soon flush, hope N od will not show up on them. Can start checking trichs on some of them in a week.
Tomorrow i can get the rooting hormone, hope it's not too late

Orange Bud should be ready in 7-8 weeks, but buds look a bit under developed, no idea how she could get resin, and swell up in 1.5 weeks. Hope she will start up soon. Or just takes a week longer then what's printed on the seed bag. Wouldn't be a big surprise afterall..

White Widow has the fattest buds, but not much resin yet.

Lemon is still way behind, hope it's due to the longer flower period and not the N fail.. Resin & smell is fantastic.

Nothern Lights Blue starts to fatten, resin shows, im happy :)

Jack Herer - happyness again

If nothing goes wrong this will last till winter. If i can hit 0.5 gpw like before then even longer :)
Just let the clones survive. Would be nice to skip the seeds and start from adult plants right away.

Yep! damn fine grow!!
good weed Invi:)

Nice invi, you are knowing these plants very well! +reps. I'm getting ready to make a bucket cloner and I'll document it on my journal, if you use one of these your success rate will go to 100%. I'm making a small one cuz I hate setting up the 18 site cloner for just a few cuts. I really only need the big one in the spring to help the outside kids save money and get a jump start on the season.

Oww thanks for the reps and kind words, makes me so happy :) Now even the pics look better, im totally happy with OB too now, settled with the longer flower period theory :)

Can't tell about my garden anyone around - it'd make me crazy if i couldn't show it to someone sometimes, who is at least slightly interested in nice buds.. let alone growing and other spects of MJ..

Thanks McLoadie, that would be a nice read, i guess this aero method would be even more useful in this heat...

Otherwise my fears are just becoming reality - its 97F here and i can't do a damn thing about it =( Next batch of frozen bottles ready in an hour i hope :)
There will be a few more days like this, so wish me luck, this is the week when i can loose everything... next will be rainy and colder hopefully - but i've got to manage 3-5 days like this it seems.
Do you think they'll survive? I'm so afraid.
I might need to cut down 1-2 from the 12 hours as well, at 21:00 its still around 90F. meh. lemon is not ready for light reduction. Not sure if i can go back from 10 hours to 12 again during flower.

This got me thinking, maybe i should build a box that can open for 12 hours and let in the sunlight, then close automatically. Would allow some low cost summer grows.

Just wanted to write that OB has not shown any bananas yet, wich is really nice for a DP strain, but now i forgot to switch of the small 40W light in the grow room, it is covered by a green plastic bag and there is a mylar foil between, but still was on for 6 dark hours. This and the heat stress might produce some hermies. And i cant blame the seed bank any more :)
Oh well.. just let them survive the nice 97F night air. I can put up with a few bananas in that case.

I'm off to get the hormone yeah. Just don't die on me girls!

Oww thanks for the reps and kind words, makes me so happy :) Now even the pics look better, im totally happy with OB too now, settled with the longer flower period theory :)

Can't tell about my garden anyone around - it'd make me crazy if i couldn't show it to someone sometimes, who is at least slightly interested in nice buds.. let alone growing and other spects of MJ..

Thanks McLoadie, that would be a nice read, i guess this aero method would be even more useful in this heat...

Otherwise my fears are just becoming reality - its 97F here and i can't do a damn thing about it =( Next batch of frozen bottles ready in an hour i hope :)
There will be a few more days like this, so wish me luck, this is the week when i can loose everything... next will be rainy and colder hopefully - but i've got to manage 3-5 days like this it seems.
Do you think they'll survive? I'm so afraid.
I might need to cut down 1-2 from the 12 hours as well, at 21:00 its still around 90F. meh. lemon is not ready for light reduction. Not sure if i can go back from 10 hours to 12 again during flower.

This got me thinking, maybe i should build a box that can open for 12 hours and let in the sunlight, then close automatically. Would allow some low cost summer grows.

Just wanted to write that OB has not shown any bananas yet, wich is really nice for a DP strain, but now i forgot to switch of the small 40W light in the grow room, it is covered by a green plastic bag and there is a mylar foil between, but still was on for 6 dark hours. This and the heat stress might produce some hermies. And i cant blame the seed bank any more :)
Oh well.. just let them survive the nice 97F night air. I can put up with a few bananas in that case.

I'm off to get the hormone yeah. Just don't die on me girls!

I think a diminished light schedule could work in your favor bro. just keep knocking off a hour of light till you get to 9on and 15off.
or just switch to 10/14 and be done with it:)
good luck :)

I think a diminished light schedule could work in your favor bro. just keep knocking off a hour of light till you get to 9on and 15off.
or just switch to 10/14 and be done with it:)
good luck :)

Thanks! I'll start with it soon i guess.
Luckily they did not mind the high temps so far. Hope it'll be fine for a few more days...

Cut some clones, they don't look so good but the hormone is fresh now. Fingers crossed.. :)
Actually the frozen bottles can lower temps by 2F.

Oh yeah, all those cuts will grow, just remember, they are taking most of their moisture through the stomata.....elevated Rh, and they need to be damp at the soil all the time.....no dry out til some of the lower leaves start to yellow at the tips, this means they are rooting. I try to keep mine covered for a week, then out of the covering for a week. When I root cuts like that it takes me 2 weeks to get em ready for transplant....you got it!

Oh yeah, all those cuts will grow, just remember, they are taking most of their moisture through the stomata.....elevated Rh, and they need to be damp at the soil all the time.....no dry out til some of the lower leaves start to yellow at the tips, this means they are rooting. I try to keep mine covered for a week, then out of the covering for a week. When I root cuts like that it takes me 2 weeks to get em ready for transplant....you got it!

Thanks!

I spray some water on them every 4-6 hours, they are covered with a plastic bag. Hope they will root soon. Remember last summer i did like 26 clones and all survived, some had nice roots poking throught the jiffy in 6 days - and all was ready within 2 weeks.

Will get some Arjan's Strawberry Haze seeds from a friend, also there is the blueberry and some dutch haze seeds... would be nice to settle with 3-4 strains, but things don't seem to go in that direction :)

I also checked the orange bud - wonderful fruity taste. Widow, and Northern Lights have a more heavy smell, a bit reminds me of sensi star from last year, just more subtle. Gotta touch them a bit more to decide what they are like. Herer has a lot of tastes - not like the critical one from last year. That had a great haze aroma, but this herer has that and like 3 other on top of that.
I think the teas i gave this year helped - all of them seem to have a much richer taste.

I made some more tea now from apricot and orange dissolved in enzym, and with a little organic 'pH up' to balance the acids in it :)
Expect some twisting leaves because of the different pH, but i hope they can cope. I used about 50-70 ml for 2 liters.

I think the heat has hurt them afterall (maybe except the lemon). Last 4 days they haven't grown more calyxes, nor fatten.
Hope it's not too bad. Orange bud looks to have stopped for more then a week now.
I stopped with the nutes, maybe will feed once more, but they should be ready in 1 - 3 weeks.
Lemon should be ripe in 5-7, she will get a little more.

Orange Bud

White Widow

Lemon

Northern Lights Blue

Jack Herer

Weather should cool a bit now, hope they will be fine. NL Blue and Orange Bud will get a flush tomorrow.

:smokin:

Hey invi iv had spells like that a few days with seemingly no growth then il not peek for two days and they've amazed me :)
All ur strains look super
Not far to go now invi I can't wait for the final week

Wow wow wow invi just looked over ur last grow!!
Won't lie and say I read front to back I'm tired n stoned but man what I read was awsome and what a yield superb invi quite superb. I will be reading it properly on a strate head tomorrow

Hey invi iv had spells like that a few days with seemingly no growth then il not peek for two days and they've amazed me :)
All ur strains look super
Not far to go now invi I can't wait for the final week

Wow wow wow invi just looked over ur last grow!!
Won't lie and say I read front to back I'm tired n stoned but man what I read was awsome and what a yield superb invi quite superb. I will be reading it properly on a strate head tomorrow

Thanks, hope you're right! I'll follow your method and not look at them for 2 days. It's also in accordance with the Fish&Shizz rule, must be the right thing to do :)
I'm worried that the tea might have hurt them. Also i wanted to get a little nute burn before stopping with the nutes, and even though i changed ratios a bit (more PK, less base nutes thus less N), i think Herer, OB and NL Blue had a bit too much. No claws yet, but i feel it's near :)
I'm thinking about trying GHE's customizable schedule once i know my phenos well. I will try once more to use canna's soil, and do a more serious flush before changing to flo nutes but if that does not help with the N issues, it will be better to switch i guess.

I was really surprised about last grow yield to be honest, didn't expect that much. Probably due to the many smaller plants, it was almost like a SOG. Temps were lower too (below 88F), but CO2 seems to eliminate the heat issue as long as i can keep below 95F. Pity CO2 doesn't help night times, when temps are at 97F - though this was the same during previous grow, just that time i didn't even think about it.

Well i tried to leave em alone... some electric mixup happened, and they got 1 hps running for +7 hours....
Hope they aren't stunted because they started to work on more leaves and bananas perhaps..

I can't even leave alone something properly lol :)

I'm to scared of co2 to give it a go.

Ul be fine invi I think main thing is that after the extended light period u make sure they get at least the 12 hours darkness then back to normal. If your dark period was shortened that would mess them up

I'm to scared of co2 to give it a go.

Ul be fine invi I think main thing is that after the extended light period u make sure they get at least the 12 hours darkness then back to normal. If your dark period was shortened that would mess them up

I was afraid of CO2, but with a meter at hand its different. I can set up the valve so that it would take forever for the gas to fill my room in case the electric things got messed up the wrong way. And well, it's effects are brutal. I'm sure im nowhere around fully exploiting it, but it certainly helped with the temps. 95F is just fine for the girls. Probably if they could rest in cool air during the night they would look much much better!

As for the extra dark - well, im too late for that, only waited an extra hour before resuming normal light schedule... do you think it would help if i gave them only 6 hours of light today, or it would just make them more hermie prone?

And there i was talking about how impossible is to fup anything in last weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom