Invi's Second Attempt - Some Classic Strains

Just Be Careful Invi, On The 48 Hour Of Darkness Thing. No Offense Alex801, But Prolonged Periods Of Darkness Can Make Your Plant Turn Into A Hermi, But If They Are on Their Very Last Stage Of Flowering, I Would Not Worry About It To Much. As I have Not Read Your Entire Thread, Just Perused It, The Curling Leafs Are Definitely A Sign Of Too Much Nitrogen,But That Question Appears To Have Already Been Answered For You. Have You Thought About Growing Your Plants Out In Veg Stage Under Fluoros?? Less Heat, BY FAR, But Also Much Less Lumens. Because Your Plants Are Under So Much Heat, This Is Stressing The HELL Out Of Them, As I Am Sure You Already Know, And Someone Has Probably Schooled You On That As Well.

As I Am An Outdoor Grower, Except When I Start Them Indoors, For Two Weeks, Under Regular Shoplight Fluoros, I Know That Indoors, HEAT Is The BANE Of An Indoor Crop!!!:thedoubletake: Outdoors Though, The More Heat, Water, Nutrients That You Have, Is All A Plus, Weird HUH!!! As far As Putting Them Under A 48 Hour All Dark Stretch, I Would Say This Is Not Necessary. The Resins Are Already There, And After You Harvest, When They Are Drying, You Will See All The Little Resin Glands Pop Forth As The Plant Dries, So Long As The Plant Is Not Some Mutant That Has Ruderalis Or Hemp In It. I Grew A Lemon Skunk Plant One Year From Jordan Of The Isle Seeds, Took Good Care Of Her All Year Long, But NO RESIN!!! I Waited All The Way Until October 31st Before Harvesting Her. Never A Bit Of Resin Did I Ever See, Or Get Off Of That Damn Plant!!! Then I Found Out That Jordan Of The Isles Seeds Uses Ruderalis In Most Of Their Strains To Bring The Harvest Time Down To An Acceptable Level, Only Problem Is, That Because Each Seed That You Make From A Pair Of Plants Has Different Genes Mixed In, And Unfortunately, This Particular Seed(LIKE DIFFERENT BROTHERS AND SISTERS HAVE DIFFERENT LOOKS AND HAIR COLOR),Got The Height And Girth From The Lemon Skunk, But Unfortunately It Received It's Lack Of THC, And Resin From The Ruderalis Side Of The Family Tree. It Sucked For Me, As It Was A Colossal Waste Of Time, Energy,Love And GOOD Garden Space, Needless To Say, I Never Again Ordered From Jordan Of The Isles Seeds!!! Thats One Sure Way To Lose A Customer, I Tell You True!!! Where Did You Purchase Your Seed invi, If I May So Bold To Ask? And Yes Your Exhaust Tubing, Does Kind Of Make Your Grow Space Look Like The Millennium Falcon(LOL)!!! I Hope The Money You Spent Getting Your Spaceship Ready Will Be Recouped On The Amount Of Medicine You Eventually Harvest. But From What I Have Seen In Your Pictures, I Do Not Believe So(NO SLIGHT INTENDED HERE invi),Just Speaking My Mind, And The Truth As The Way I Can See It. I Believe On Your Next Grow, Wait Until Fall, So That It Cools Down, And Veg And Flower When It Is NICE AND COOL Out Of Doors. That Way You Will Not Have To Worry About Your Plants Frying, Unless You Forget To Water.

Another Question I Have Invi, Is How Much And How Often You Water??? Plants Should Be Watered As Needed, Never Keep Them Moist, Just For The Sake Of Keeping Them Damp, Let Them Go Through Periods Of Wet And Dry, Not Too Dry Of Course, But If You Have A Green Thumb, It Should Be Apparent To You When To Water And Feed. A Plant Needs To Breathe. So When You Water, Soak Them Good, Feed Them If It Is Time, I Feed Once A Week, On A Rotating Schedule. First Time I Feed, A Week After I Have Put Them Into Their 4 Inch Containers(I START MY SEEDLINGS IN 4 INCH CONTAINERS), That Way, Until I Move Them Outside After 14-17 Days, I Usually Only Have To Water 3 Times, And Feed Them Twice, 5-7 Days After I Have First Planted And Watered Them, I Use Only Fox Farm Grow Big Grow At This Stage(ONE TBSP Per Gallon Of Water, And One Full Measured Cup Of Nutrients Per Each Plant Of The Grow Big, From The Gallon Of Premixed Nutrients), Then As The Plants Are Under 24 Hours Of Light And After The Fertilizing, Will Begin To ZOOM In Growth. By The End Of The 14th To 17th Day, They Will Be Ready To Move Outside. BTW, At This Stage Of Their Development, I Would ONLY Use BLACK GOLD Potting Soil For Them, As It Is Very Airy And Easy To Flush, Should By Accident You Over Fertilize. It Is The Black Gold That Comes In The Black And Orange Bags. Do Not Use Their Seedling Mix, Or Any Other Type Of Soil, BLACK GOLD IS ALL YOU NEED(I HAVE 20 YRS EXPERIENCE DOING IT This Way, And It Had Never Failed Me!!!:high-five: After At Least Two Or So Weeks, Take The Plants In The 4 Inch Containers And Move Them Outside, Then Transplant Them Into 3-5 Gallon Containers(I USE 3's), And Black Gold For This Transplant As Well. Now Let Your Plants Grow Into Their 3-5 Gallon Containers, Continuing To Fertilize With The Aforementioned Fox Farm Mixture(1 TBSP Per Gallon Of Water It May Seem A Little Strong, But I Promise YOU, It Will Not Hurt The Plants!!! Cannabis Is A High Nutrient Uptake Plant, And As Long As You Always Water Before Feeding, You Should Never Have Any Problems With Burning, Unless Of Course You Make A Ridiculously Strong Mixture Of Nutrients, Like 3 TBSP Per Gallon Of Water. After The Plants SEX, Which Can Take As Little Time As 2 Weeks, To As Long 3-4, Sometimes 5 Weeks. After They Have Sexed, Set Them Aside, If You Choose To Make Your Own Seeds,(As I Do, So I Always Have Good Seed Stock On Hand, Grab Your BEST MALES!!!) , Then Separate The Females From The Rest, And Pick Which Ones You Wish To Grow. How Close Are Your Lights To The Tops Of Your Plants??? You Should Place Your Plants As Close To The Lights As Is Possible, Without BURNING THEM OF COURSE!!! I Do Not Know How Large Of Containers You Use For Your Indoor Crop, But The Larger The Containers, The More Yield You Will Receive!!!

Perhaps 3 Gallon Containers Are As Big Of Containers That You Can Fit In Your Space(OR NOT???), Anyways, After I Have My Plants All Sexed, I Separate The Males I Choose To Keep For Seeding(MOVE THEM TO A VERY SHADY PART OF OUR GARDEN So That They Will Start To Bloom And Put Forth Pollen Sacks, That I Can Harvest, As They Get Ready, Label What Type Of Plant Pollen They Are, Store Them In A Marked Butter Dish, And Freeze Them Till I Need To Pollinate My Girls, So I Have Seeds For Next Year Or The Year Thereafter. Usually I Toss Out The Pollen After I Use It For Seeding My Ladies, As I'll Just Make More Pollen The Next Year. That Way I ALWAYS Have Fresh Seedstock Every Year. Although I Rarely EVER Use All Of My Seeds Each Year, But I Keep Them Locked Away In Black Film Rolls, Inside Of A Safe That Is Airtight,Fireproof And Rarely Ever Opened. I Have Seeds That I Have Had A Good 10 Years, And Because I Keep Them In A Climate Controlled Room And The Safe Of Course, The Vast Majority Still Sprout, Although As They AGE, They Do Not Sprout Right Away, It Usually Takes About 4-7 Days, And If They Do Not Sprout By Then, In The Shit Can They Go!!!

Sorry For Taking Over Your Thread invi, As I Am An Outside Grower, Much Of My Advice Is Perhaps Useless, But Hey, At Least I Tried!!! Oh Yeah, When I Move My Plants From The 3 Gallon Containers, I Then Change Their Soil To 3 Parts Ocean Forest Potting Soil, To 4 Parts Happy Frog, I Also Add My Special Amendment Called Super Fert(IT IS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN GET FROM A STORE OR COMPANY THOUGH), An Older Man That Was A Life Long Friend To My Mentor(RIP), Makes It On His Farm In Chico, But He Will Not Divulge The Secret Ingredients, I Know It Has Chicken Shit In It,Blood Meal,Petrified Bat Guano,Earthworm Castings And Many Other Things, Oh Yeah Lime As Well, But As For The Rest, I Can Only Guess(BUT THE RATIOS OF THE MIXTURE IS WHERE THE REAL SECRET LIES!!!), I Hope Someday He Will Give Up His Recipe, But I Feel That May Be A Forlorn Hope. I Add 12 Pounds Of It To Each One Of My 100 Gallon Containers, When I Transplant Them From The 3's To The 100's. Anyways invi, I Have Rambled Enough, If There Is Anything You Think You Might Like To Ask, Please Do So, Oh Yeah, One More Thing, When I Move The Plants To 100 Gallon Containers, I Change The Nutrients To Once A Week, In 5 Gallon Containers, I Add Between 5-7 TBSP Of Grow Big,3 TBSP Of GRAPE SWEET And 3 TBSP Of Cal Mag. The Next Week I Fertilize With MAX-SEA 16-16-16 With 5-7 Heaping TBSP'S Full, And The Same Amount Of Both CAL-MAG And SWEET I Give Them, That I Do When Using The Grow Big. I Do Not Know If This Has Helped You At All??? But It Sure Helped Limber Up My Fingers For Typing!!!:;): Take Care, And See Ya Around(I HOPE). SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Hello James!

Thanks for checking in, really appreciated!
I'll pick up what i can use - no access to US market makes some impossible, i need to find equivalents usually :)

The seeds are from delicious seeds (love em), dutch passion (well no hermie this time, good job there), and greenhouse (never tried this bank before, the widow is from them, and the herer).
Actually the widow started to pack up a little resin, if it gets a little better i might just keep the pheno afterall. Got more seeds, so not a big problem.

I did veg under 60W worth of cfl's, and i plan to keep a few mothers all the time, because i cannot buy seeds here - need to travel to Amsterdam or some similar place :)

About the costs / return - it surprised me because i ended up quite well in + last grow, got back more than 2x what it cost, and this time i spent much less on it since most initial spendings were done last grow.

But to be honest i would not mind if it would cost a bit more, it's so much better then what i can buy (mostly hydro with quick flowering times, and im not fond of that feel and taste - soil seems to be much smoother in both aspects, and i can have nice sativas too :) )
Ahh i can hardly wait to taste them finally, this grow seems to be really nice in that regard.

And yeah you're right, i really need bigger pots - i wanted several strains now, but next i might grow a bit less then hopefully i can use 30-50gal ones. It really has a huge impact.

Cheers!

And best wishes!

Made som pics, hihi. They seem to have awaken a bit, these 70F nights are really nice now.
It's day 42.

This is the mess below in case anyone is interested. Soon it will look even worse as ill drop the nutes :)

I'll start with the widow, i think there is more resin, but it might just be what i want to see..

I love the long stalks on Lemon - so sativa :) Not as bushy as i'd prefer, but i'm not keeping her for yield. Resin is awesome. Really surprised to see this on a sativa. And the smell... really curious about the effects. I sooo hope the clones survive. or at least one. Thanks to Shizzy for convincing me to try at least :)

Herer still doesnt look much different. Hope she starts up soon. She and the widow has 2 weeks 'officially'.

Orange Bud - maybe a little progress, hard to tell. Little more resin though.. maybe... :)

Northern Lights Blue has started to gain weight i believe

And a shot from lamp to lamp - the millenium falcon's engines and illegal passengers :)
may the force be with em lol :)

Mmmmhhh love all their taste, each is completely unique, rich and intensive. Im so impatient lol :)
Maybe ill just cut off a little bud from the NL and check what's like an early harvest, and how the trichs look... mm okay maybe not...

Invi, The Buds Look OUTSTANDING, Like Alex 801 Says, With All Your Heat Issues, They LOOK DAMN GREAT,PERIOD:high-five:!!! I Tip My Hat To You SER!!!:bravo:, I Hope You Get As Much Joy From Smoking Them, That I Did From Viewing Them From Afar!!!:hmmmm: "AH, THAT I COULD SEE THEM WITH MINE OWN EYES, AND INHALE THEIR MOST ENTICING AROMA!!!" But, Out Of My FANTASY World, The Pictures Suffice Most Admirably. Thanks For Sharing Invi, TAKE CARE. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Thanks Alex, for reps too! I'm really curious if the autumn-winter grow will turn out better. I suspect 36deg night time heat must have hurt them to an extent?
Your slh turned out quite fat in the end. I'd be happy to get something near that. Doesn't look like it so far, but there is yet 4 week at least for her.

James these honestly look like toothpicks once i look at your garden. But really appreciated, and yeah can't complain, i think if nothing goes wrong i'll get all what i imagined and then even a little more from these girls :) they have put up real nice with the sometimes harsh conditions, and my mistakes.

Harvest is near anyway!
1-1.5 for NL BLue
1.5 - 2 for OB
2 for Widow, Herer
~4 for the lemon.

Not sure she would show significant progress in 2 days with what she didn't really want to do during whole flower. I'd be really surprised if she could catch up to even the Herer in the next 2 weeks regarding resin.
My guess is she has this trait from the sativa ancestors - or maybe my nutes or tea, but she looks more or less healthy to me.
I gotta make some pics soon, it sucks that i cannot observe them properly without hurting their light cycle.
But to be honest some deficiencies show earlier on the pics while i color correct them. There is a state of intervenial chlorosis that is not really visible for the naked eye under artificial lighting, but the pics show it well.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge those buds by the visible trichomes, the sativas never have the amount that the indicas do......but after a month in cure they get just as potent...IMHO....if not more potent!

good weed Invi and great pics too:)

I wouldn't be so quick to judge those buds by the visible trichomes, the sativas never have the amount that the indicas do......but after a month in cure they get just as potent...IMHO....if not more potent!

The Widow is a famous indica dominant hybrid around here - and it's fame comes from the resin mainly. But the pics i took look really promising, she had much less i think a few days ago. I'm completely happy with the current state of the plant now. I mean there is resin, there is taste, and for bud size and density i cannot complain at all. I feel much more like a lucky newb :) they seem to show much more then what i was expecting at start. Thanks to all the advice i got and also co2, probably none of them would be alive without it.

So what is your estimated total flower time for ur lemon? Is the 4 weeks to go off the recommended time? Or your personal reckoning? I feel sure we've already had this conversation or one similar

I might need to travel a bit around the end of july because of my job, resulting in an early harvest. If that does not happen, or scheduling will allow it, i will harvest when all trichs are cloudy and i see just a few amber ones (10-30%). I want it to be insanely high out of curiosity. The popcorn ill harvest a bit later will be more stoney perhaps. If that is even possible with a haze.

good weed Invi and great pics too:)

Thanks Sir! I hope they will speed up now a bit, and then ill have a reason to make some photos every day or so :)
And then soon time to put on the micro lens and shoot them trichomes!

Just let the cool weather stay!!! Think i can safely turn off the 400W next week. Maybe if widow and herer has to go max 5 days under reduced lighting it won't hurt them? Or they need it for ripening and better keep the 400 on...

Wow i had a warmer day yesterday but cold is back yippie!
NL Blue harvest might start in 5 days, 10 tops..
OB Might be ready in 4.

Oh my. They were getting no nutes for about a week now, but a flush might be needed too. I did not want to do that yet, because they still grow new calyxes - wanted to wait until they grow no more just fatten. Maybe thats stupid..?

Gotta make pics thats almost like harvest :)

Back
Top Bottom