InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Queen G auto replacement has been planted! update

:popcorn:

Quotes:
fist pump!
Thanks Carmen!
Noice choice of word you old Anglophile!
I'm more of a Brooklyn 99o'phile. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Very noice
So many people in the same devoice!
Going auto? Doing it outside too?
I am for the winter! I'll be growing these almost exclusively in the tent during veg to see if I can keep them out of flower for as long as possible. Once they flower I'll put them out on sunny days when someone will be around to bring them in before dark.

But while they're babies I want them fully sun-luxed. ☀️
Darn I like the rate those are growing ! Be a nice breed to have here cause it is FAST LOL
Not sure how fast these are but I hope the growth rate keeps up for a nice long veg. 🤞

I'll be growing these almost exclusively in the tent during veg to see if I can keep them out of flower for as long as possible.
Holding thumbs!

Damn! Sorry I forgot to visit my own thread for so long, but that's about to change. Why? Because having nothing growing other than Grandpa's Moonshine clones that I don't need isn't working for me, and since I'm not going to make it to NY this winter (again) I decided to get a couple of beans going. update

What kind of beans? Autos! :eek:

That's right, autos. I thought I'd use the tent and the oil-filled heater from the shed and see how I can do with some quality auto beans (mostly) indoors this winter. I had given away all of my auto seeds to a member-in-need a couple of years ago, but as luck would have it the Pacific Northwest Seed Fairy happened to be driving by and dropped off some of his autoflower genetics.

:thanks:

I had choices to make, so I went with one that no one here has grown out yet and one because I liked the name.

One is Queen G auto, which is a cross between Dr Wookies x Triangle Kush x Mephisto Pink Livers (Dr Wookies is a cross of Wookies x Cannabiogen Destroyer for those keeping score at home).
The other is Ruby Tuesday auto, which is a cross of Cannabiogen Destroyer x Triangle Kush.

I scuff all my seeds in a mini Altoids tin lined with sandpaper:

After a few minutes of shaking, they go into bowls with one third 3% H2O2 and two thirds distilled water, where they sit with paper towels on top to keep them wet all around:

Labeled!

After about 15 minutes of that I dump out most of the mix and replace it with just distilled water, slide the bowls into a box, and put it on the heat mat at 80ºF:

No tails this morning but it was only 12 hours.

I'll run these at either 20/4 or 18/6 in the tent under the Mars Hydro SP 250, and maybe get them out in the sun for some days once they're in flower. It doesn't get very warm in my house during the winter (never above 70ºF) but I'll do lights off in the afternoon when it will probably be the warmest in that room.

Wish me luck! :)

Quotes:

Thanks Scottay!

Thanks double H, and I completely forgot. :( I doubt anyone will do a rip-off though since barely anyone makes salve!

It's going to be interesting to see those numbers, and if you grew more than one and have an extra $10 around, it would be interesting to see if they're the same!

What Azi said 100%. Grow indivual THC and CBD varieties and blend to the correct effect when used.

I still have CBG flower around so I'm going to see how that works mixed in with the THC flower.

Energy! Relax! Take me home!

Always glad to give you a needed kick in the tush. 🍑

I just made another 70 capsules this weekend!

I :love: :love: :love: this!
Never thought I’d see the day…

No movement yet on the seeds though I think there may be a slight bump on top of the peat above Ruby Tuesday.
:reading420magazine:

That's a great first step Captain! I hope it works for you and we never have you posting from a hospital bed like WH.

LOL!
1. No
2. Autos
3. Los Angeles to Florida is a serious downgrade
4. Jon's moving to Pennsylvania, and I get the feeling neither of us want to live there
:cheesygrinsmiley:

I would be thrilled with 3.5 ounces out of my cloth GeoPots. I've grown 18 autos and only 5 crossed the 2oz line.

Great support for the Captain...thanks Justin! :thumb:

Kicking the habit when you're 40-45 has got to be better than when you get up into your 60s. Give your lungs more time to repair. I hope you can find something to help, Grandpa Nick!

Whatever works, and if you miss smoking cigarettes with your coffee, roll a joint and smoke that! My wife gave up smoking after 20+ years but still looks really comfortable with a cup of tea and a jay in her hand. :smokin:

Everybody different for sure! My DDAs all smelled really fuelly, and Durban is supposed to be high in THCV so maybe that had something to do with it. :hmmmm:

Either way, there's plenty enough other jars to crack open that no one cared about a couple of meh plants!

Interesting you say that, because all the F1 DDA seeds I got from dynamo did the same thing. And his are almost all spogs® when he grows them out.

LOL thanks sb, I'm hoping for a little longer veg than that!

I think it's safe to say there's a lot of everything floating around your house.

Low yield, dark purple (almost black) flowers...sounds about right to me!

My neighbors probably loved when I grew DDAs because every aphid on the block moved in! We don't have rabbits though.

Thanks GDB! You obviously liked the high, though I wonder if your missus took issue with letting your toenails grow even longer. :hmmmm:

My family is not hard to please, unless it just doesn't get them high! ;)
You all would rather live in Pennsylvania than Florida if you are in the least bit liberal. They hunt us down and harass us here. It’s the second worst state in the country after Texas.

I'm going to drop another Queen G seed now because I don't like the look of this:

20231117_215246.jpg

Zoom in and you'll see what I mean.

:popcorn:
Excellent choice. Don’t wait, especially with autos. If an auto isn’t right out the gate, imo, the best thing to do is pull it and start over. Too little margin for error in terms of veg time for that.

Watch your language. :thumb:

It's a brilliant portmanteau and I plan on adding it to my vocabulary, even if I hope I never have to use it!

💯

If you don't mind, I try to keep this a meme-free thread.
:thanks:

I hope mine will at least add to your knowledge base!

Thanks for laying that out line by line. :)
Nice. Well said. One three word sentence.

All caught up on the auto venture. Very excited for you. Good start now that you got the one straightened out. Thought for you - it might behoove you to consider 24/0 for veg til you see pistils. Me and others do it that way, moving to either 20/4 or 18/6 at pistils. Reason being is, one, you can veg anything 24/0, and more importantly, it allows maximum growth during the all too short veg phase. Two cents for you.

You all would rather live in Pennsylvania than Florida if you are in the least bit liberal. They hunt us down and harass us here. It’s the second worst state in the country after Texas.
It’s a shame what’s happening there with that all the B.S. Smh CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

I promise the updates will not be anywhere near this frequent once we're really underway here, but in the meantime, here they are this morning:

Not sure @Jon would be keeping the Queen G auto given the look of the first true leaves, but I'll give it some more time given its strange cracked-seed-birth in the water:

And while I have you, this is the Candida mother that I root-pruned 2 weeks ago:

And for some reason I still have three Grandpa's Moonshine clones that need to be watered twice a day:

Nice and healthy and waiting for me to throw them out.

I hope your week is going well! :peace:

Quotes:
Holding thumbs!
Thank you Carmen!
Wicked noice!
LOL thanks Otter!
Are you bringing them in before dark to keep the lights on for longer or just too cold for them to sleep out?
Both. :)
Never thought I’d see the day…
I bet, me neither!
Sure sounds like it, so I'm glad I don't have to choose between weather and politics. :thumb:
Excellent choice. Don’t wait, especially with autos. If an auto isn’t right out the gate, imo, the best thing to do is pull it and start over. Too little margin for error in terms of veg time for that.
Thanks Jon, which is why I got the feeling you might already be dropping another QGa seed at this point!
All caught up on the auto venture. Very excited for you. Good start now that you got the one straightened out. Thought for you - it might behoove you to consider 24/0 for veg til you see pistils. Me and others do it that way, moving to either 20/4 or 18/6 at pistils. Reason being is, one, you can veg anything 24/0, and more importantly, it allows maximum growth during the all too short veg phase. Two cents for you.
I can certainly do 24/0 if the electric bill will handle it. In flower I hope to get it into the sun when it's out so that should help with the DLI.
I wouldn’t say that I’m liberal maybe a Pro Cannabis Libertarian would describe me better. CL🍀
Noted!

I promise the updates will not be anywhere near this frequent once we're really underway here, but in the meantime, here they are this morning:

Not sure @Jon would be keeping the Queen G auto given the look of the first true leaves, but I'll give it some more time given its strange cracked-seed-birth in the water:

And while I have you, this is the Candida mother that I root-pruned 2 weeks ago:

And for some reason I still have three Grandpa's Moonshine clones that need to be watered twice a day:

Nice and healthy and waiting for me to throw them out.

I hope your week is going well! :peace:

Quotes:

Thank you Carmen!

LOL thanks Otter!

Both. :)

I bet, me neither!

Sure sounds like it, so I'm glad I don't have to choose between weather and politics. :thumb:

Thanks Jon, which is why I got the feeling you might already be dropping another QGa seed at this point!

I can certainly do 24/0 if the electric bill will handle it. In flower I hope to get it into the sun when it's out so that should help with the DLI.

Noted!
That’s only a description I don’t like to be categorized as any political affiliation. I vote the individual not the party. CL🍀. :thanks:

What's crackin', Shed? What a glorious thread you have here, my friend. Just keeping up with replies is a full-time job!
Will be watching with interest from here on, I'm also doing some autos so I'm keen to compare!
Sorry to add yet another comment to your lengthy "quotes" section in your replies :laugh:

What's crackin', Shed? What a glorious thread you have here, my friend. Just keeping up with replies is a full-time job!
Will be watching with interest from here on, I'm also doing some autos so I'm keen to compare!
Sorry to add yet another comment to your lengthy "quotes" section in your replies :laugh:
Hey, after not visiting since 2020 your get your own reply! Thanks for stopping by again, and I'm not much of an auto grower which is why I quit years ago. Of course, if you want your autos to compare favorably to someone's, this is probably an excellent grow to follow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey, after not visiting since 2020 your get your own reply! Thanks for stopping by again, and I'm not much of an auto grower which is why I quit years ago. Of course, if you want your autos to compare favorably to someone's, this is probably an excellent grow to follow. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Well, I certainly am honoured :dreamy:
It has been a while, bud! I was off on other offline growing adventures haha. Those grows were much larger in scale but I didn't have the time to journal it.

Surely you, the Shed, cannot grow anything other than trees that rival Yggdrasil itself?

Back
Top Bottom