InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thank you for the warm welcome, InTheShed! I'll look forward to seeing the grow develop. :thumb:
I have a single Forbidden Fruit growing presently. It's 5 weeks into flowering now in 4 gallons of FFOF in a SIP. Today it got 60mL of Jones Juice and 25mL of Purpinator with it's gallon of aqua.
20231116_162514r.jpg

That’s what all mine are looking 👀 like and I think I’m gonna do the same. CL🍀
Damn Captain I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hope a few of them unfurl for you.
Thank you for the warm welcome, InTheShed! I'll look forward to seeing the grow develop.
I have a single Forbidden Fruit growing presently. It's 5 weeks into flowering now in 4 gallons of FFOF in a SIP. Today it got 60mL of Jones Juice and 25mL of Purpinator with it's gallon of aqua
That FF is a beauty and with another 5 weeks to go it's going to be seriously chunky!
Have you seen the movie Tremors?
Doesn't sound like my kind of movie but thanks!

That FF is a beauty and with another 5 weeks to go it's going to be seriously chunky!

I just put my mini humidifier in my closet with them so hopefully that’ll help some. CL🍀

Its actually very good fun. Ensemble cast. But the seedling looks like one of the worms in it!

We had one recently just a single necrotyledon and no more. Looked similar, I had to secretly cull it as & Co never gives up!

I'm going to drop another Queen G seed now because I don't like the look of this:

20231117_215246.jpg

Zoom in and you'll see what I mean.

:popcorn:
I had one look like that once.
When I went digging the seed hull had gotten stuck in the soil and the seedling had pulled hard enough to decapitate itself. Cotyledons were still inside the shell.

I see people stressing over the shells falling off.

Maybe drip some water over them different techniques proffered.

My wife, & Co, just takes an ungloved finger and thumb and twists/rubs them off. Like really. Gentle fingers. We do OK on the popping to viable stage.

Waaaay too stressful for me! 🤣 I look away.

well either way I am with you on another to try and keep things in order and easier.. I am interested in see how you plan to keep an auto in flower longer than its plan .
These are both Queen G autos, same age (62 days)
IMG_0610.jpeg

The one one the left-No topping, no training, just plant seed and go. Done at 70 days.

The one on the right- topped at day 20, trained (for a few weeks)regularly pruned, stressed, etc. Done in 3-4 weeks or around 95 days. And that’s after showing sex at day 18.

These are F1s so the results could vary a bit but generally you can get an auto to take longer to flower with just a few minutes here and there.

@InTheShed I still don’t have any new Queens breaking the surface yet this morning but my Black Sugar both came up last night!

Saturday update greetings! I did a seedopsy on the Queen G headless horseman and it looked like this when I split open the peat:

It slipped down a bit so it's hard to tell which was the part above the peat in the pic from last night (it's the middle where it folds over on itself), but you can see what it was supposed to look like (had it come up straight) in this pic:

It looks like what Mel described, where the cots (and part of the shell) got caught on the way up and the stem split as it pushed on without the top.

Anyway, here is the seed I dropped last night:

Someone is in a frickin' hurry, so I immediately dropped it in the peat puck. I feel like any longer in the water and it would have been floating free!

Anyway, we'll see how this one does and thanks for following along. :)

Quotes:
I had one look like that once.
When I went digging the seed hull had gotten stuck in the soil and the seedling had pulled hard enough to decapitate itself. Cotyledons were still inside the shell.
You called it Mel, :thanks:
Congrats on the new baby and holding thumbs for another. Poor decapitated sprout.
Thanks Carmen, and I've got a few more QGa seeds behind these if I need to take another shot.
You don't think that's just the membrane covering the coty's that needs a little help splitting?
Not this time. :( I've successfully done a couple of those in the past but this one is not so lucky.
Got a little hockey stick/snake there I see. Maybe it turns normal….but yeah I’d drop another one too
Thanks Justin! A hockey stick I would have stuck with, for a while at least (because autos).
I see people stressing over the shells falling off.
Maybe drip some water over them different techniques proffered.
My wife, & Co, just takes an ungloved finger and thumb and twists/rubs them off. Like really. Gentle fingers. We do OK on the popping to viable stage.
Waaaay too stressful for me! I look away.
But you can watch Tremors? I'd rather take the shells off sprouts. :thumb:
well either way I am with you on another to try and keep things in order and easier.. I am interested in see how you plan to keep an auto in flower longer than its plan .
Thanks sb, but don't think I can keep it in any stage longer than it wants to! I'm just hoping for a long enough veg to get it over the edge of the pot. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And I have to say that when my first Le Creme CBG turned out to be an auto, topping it at the first sign of pistils didn't delay flowering at all.
These are both Queen G autos, same age (62 days)
The one one the left-No topping, no training, just plant seed and go. Done at 70 days.
The one on the right- topped at day 20, trained (for a few weeks)regularly pruned, stressed, etc. Done in 3-4 weeks or around 95 days. And that’s after showing sex at day 18.
These are F1s so the results could vary a bit but generally you can get an auto to take longer to flower with just a few minutes here and there.
@InTheShed I still don’t have any new Queens breaking the surface yet this morning but my Black Sugar both came up last night!
They both look frosty AF and I'd be thrilled with either one of those, but the one on the right would be a bit more thrilling! :laugh:

Saturday update greetings! I did a seedopsy on the Queen G headless horseman and it looked like this when I split open the peat:

It slipped down a bit so it's hard to tell which was the part above the peat in the pic from last night (it's the middle where it folds over on itself), but you can see what it was supposed to look like had it come up straight in this pic:

It looks like what Mel described, where the cots (and part of the shell) got caught on the way up and the stem split as it pushed on with out the top:

Anyway, here is the seed I dropped last night:

Someone is in a frickin' hurry, so I immediately dropped it in the peat puck. I feel like any longer in the water and it would have been floating free!

Anyway, we'll see how this one does and thanks for following along. :)

Quotes:

You called it Mel, :thanks:

Thanks Carmen, and I've got a few more QGa seeds behind these if I need to take another shot.

Not this time. :( I've successfully done a couple of those in the past but this one is not so lucky.

Thanks Justin! A hockey stick I would have stuck with, for a while at least (because autos).

But you can watch Tremors? I'd rather take the shells of sprouts. :thumb:

Thanks sb, but don't think I can keep it in any stage longer than it wants to! I'm just hoping for a long enough veg to get it over the edge of the pot. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And I have to say that when my first Le Creme CBG turned out to be an auto, topping it at the first sign of pistils didn't delay flowering at all.

They both look frosty AF and I'd be thrilled with either one of those, but the one on the right would be a bit more thrilling! :laugh:
Vigorous ladies aren’t they?
That’s and interesting one I’ve never seen a seed do that…glad your second one is raring to go.

Yeah they are frosty girls, the one on the left more so because she’s so close to being done. I think the bigger one will be close to that in a few weeks. Very serious about their trichome production though, I am all for it.

Well cool we should have a Queen around the same age in the next day or so.

I’ll still take “so vigorous it broke” over a no-show any day 😜

Vigorous ladies aren’t they?
That’s and interesting one I’ve never seen a seed do that…
Had that come straight up it would already be 3" tall!
glad your second one is raring to go.
I have no idea which way was up for that one so it just went into the hole any which way, and I hope it sorts itself out down there. :nervous-guy:
Yeah they are frosty girls, the one on the left more so because she’s so close to being done. I think the bigger one will be close to that in a few weeks. Very serious about their trichome production though, I am all for it.
Well cool we should have a Queen around the same age in the next day or so.
Better mine should be a day behind yours so I'll know what to do!
:thumb:

I’ll still take “so vigorous it broke” over a no-show any day
There's a motto. :)

Looks like you have some necrotyledons...

Okay, I did a Google search on this word since I didn't know what it meant and this is the only result I got: :hmmmm:

necrotyledons - intheshed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom