InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

That BC is looking real close,Shed-I agree with the consensus that another week
would be "just right".
Although they can change fast-my PC ambered up pretty much overnight,so later today or tomorrow is chop time for me...

I will get some pics before I chop anything...I've got to make a Costco run & go pick up my wife's boat right now,but I'll get some up later on in the afternoon...
(or evening,depending on how the boat thing goes)
I've got to harvest her though-there's no popcorn buds left to sample.
I usually don't sample,but for some reason,I've sampled the hell out of this one:bongrip::smokin:

Friday update is all about the Bedroom Cookies 2.2 trichomes, on day 47. And a hawk.

Let's scroll through trichome pics. (By the way, my old phone took much better closeups, because this new one has a wide angle lens built in, which sucks! I somehow can't find my old phone though...maybe my son sold it for weed funds.)

I noticed a lot of the outer trichomes don't have heads on them. I guess that's from dragging them through the shed door twice a day. :oops:

In terms of harvest, I'm thinking next weekend rather than this, unless anyone thinks that would be too long.

And a hawk:

...hanging out on the telephone pole in my backyard. There were two of them but one was shy and stayed in the pine tree.

The weekend can't come soon enough, even though without a harvest there won't be much to do but water. I hope you have a great one planned!

:peace:

Looks good Mr. Shed. Sorry you aren't happy with your phone pics - I think they are working. Nice hawk too. You giving us the bird? :)

Thanks Bard! Nah, he'd have to give it to you himself :).

A wide angle lens starts off by making everything look further away than it is, which is something you definitely don't want with macro pics! My old pics were much sharper and more magnified. I really wish I knew where that old phone went...

Understand about the wide angle lens, but I still think the pics show the trichs really well. My hands aren't stable enough for close-up phone photos, so I got one of those inexpensive microscopes that plug into the laptop via a USB. I think it was C$30. Focus is a bit fussy, but works way better for me than the phone.

Anyhow, all looks good. Have a great weekend!

I concur. Next weekend should be just right.
I also concur with the next weekend harvest decision :thumb: I still see a few clear ones there. And remember that we get more amber outside just becasue of the action of the sun on the trichs, so dont sweat it too much if the ambers seem to ramp up. Since I learned about that (from the GFM gurus) I only really look at clear:cloudy ratios outside, and other signs... like a general look and feel of ripeness ;)

IKR! And I thought my two seeds showed the same pheno the first time through. I'm surpised @Amy Gardner didn't comment on them though...she's a Candida pheno detective!
I did have thoughts at the time I remember, but was too fatigued to post. It’s certainly a phenomena if there was a pheno-drift in the clone :eek: Not something I’ve ever heard of happening so quickly. I’ve heard of genetic drift over time in clones, as they adapt to an environment, but that’s not what’s happening here. ALthough, there’s a cut of Bubba Hash floating around some of the stateside Brix growers that is expressing differently in different peoples’ gardens, but again - that’s not the case here as the environs are the same... although season is different. Any difference in the veg lighting arrangement?

I’m still certain a I had a ‘sativa’ pheno outside and that my current one is perhaps more indica, and it’s similar to yours - at least the first ones. Hard to make a strong claim about that though because one was outdoor and one in. But the one I have currently has much tighter nodes, more vigorous branching and very strong stems in comparison to the previous. ANd the previous had a ‘look’. Base on the plants I’ve seen I’d even say the ‘indica’ pheno is the more common... one day I will actually write to MMG as ask them about it, i will... one day
guess that's from dragging them through the shed door twice a day. :oops:
:eek: most likely. Can you bind them up temporarily while you schlep?

I'll dig out my old lenses and see if that's a thing.
:popcorn:

I also concur with the next weekend harvest decision. I still see a few clear ones there. And remember that we get more amber outside just becasue of the action of the sun on the trichs, so dont sweat it too much if the ambers seem to ramp up. Since I learned about that (from the GFM gurus) I only really look at clear:cloudy ratios outside, and other signs... like a general look and feel of ripeness
I remember reading (you? Sue?) that the potency of the CBN is lower than the potency of the THC it degrades from (from which it degrades ;)), so even you had 15% THC you don't end up with 15% CBN from the degraded trichomes. I won't sweat the amber gained this week because there's nothing I can do about it anyway!
I did have thoughts at the time I remember, but was to fatigued to post. It’s certainly a phenomena if there was a pheno-drift in the clone. Not something I’ve ever heard of. I’ve heard of genetic drift over time in clones, as they adapt to an environment, but that’s not what’s happening here. There’s a cut of Bubba Hash floating around some of the stateside Brix growers that is expressing differently in different peoples’ gardens, but again - that’s not the case here as the environs are the same... although season is different. Any difference in the veg lighting arrangement?

I’m still certain a I had a ‘sativa’ pheno outside and that my current one is perhaps more indica, and it’s similar to yours - at least the first ones. Hard to make a strong claim about that though because one was outdoor and one in. But the one I have currently has much tighter nodes, more vigorous branching and very strong stems in comparison to the previous. ANd the previous had a ‘look’. Base on the plants I’ve seen I’d even say the ‘indica’ pheno is the more common... one day I will actually write to MMG as ask them about it, i will... one day
Thanks for taking the energy to go back, rethink, and post your response to that! Since both of the first plants ended up looking very similar at harvest (here and here), there are two things I can think of that would distinguish this from the first grow.

One is that the first grow was often in the tent with the Mars SP-250, and even when it was outside, it was winter with much less intense sunshine and lower temps. So to answer your question...yes!

The second is that the seed plants were topped a few times as they grew, so when they were flipped they had a much more similar shape to each other. These two have been pretty much left alone. I think I topped them around 12" tall and then just lollipopped them mid-June.

So these plants might represent a more natural expression of each seed's genetic disposition. Are they both the indica pheno of the CD-1, we may never know ;).

Okay, I'll try to remember!
She'll be ready on 8/3 at 0948. The seconds aren't important.
Perfect! I'll put it in my phone's calendar. :thanks:

That was my next question... Were the first 2 really the same? Maybe they were more different than we noticed and other factors made that one branch more tightly. WHo can say. :hmmmm:

But genetic expression is very influenced by environment (in humans and plants ;) ) so it’s certainly possible. That Bubba cut I mentioned is expressing differently first time grown in some new gardens. (FYI that’s not the Bubba I have currently - mine is from seed)

:nomo:

:laughtwo: You could always run another test at the time you choose one over the other. It’s likely some time away. Although not if everyone loves to smoke it I guess! Or you could get someone to do a controlled test once these ones are done to compare the 3 batches (one each of these and the combined previous run). Might not be needed tho’. I’d say choose the more obviously indica pheno (for ease of growth) and keep on... never look back!

It rarely gets smoked so almost all of it gets to go into oil. I ended up with 406g from the first harvests, and 44g goes into each batch of oil, so that's about 9 batches of oil. Plus this harvest! So I think it's a good idea to take your advice and go with the less stretchy indica pheno (I hope I labeled the clones :eek:) and when I finally move on to a harvest of just that plant, I can have the oil tested again.
:green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom