InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

A bit of housecleaning since I was out all day:

I see the cure to be a process that is done after the drying process. Even if you dry it down to 62% you still need to burp for a few weeks before choosing the jars. And what you said here is exactly how I do it.
This is exactly what I do!
OK, but how often. If I like my weed at 62RH then wont it go down lower if I burp too often? Should I get to 64RH then do the burp to 62 and call it cured?
How low your drying/burping RH goes is entirely dependent on the RH in your room. Mine is rarely below 65% so I could burp for an hour a day for 2 weeks and never get it to 62%. I need a dehuey or rice balls to get the jars to 62%.

If your RH is 50%, then you burp slowly over two weeks as Derby says below so they don't over-dry.
After the first week of burping twice a day I burp one a day for a few days and then once every few days then once a week. My cure takes 3 weeks after my dry. Once the cure is complete they get put in jars
We do the same thing but I always consider the cure not to start until the jars are sealed at 62%. Four weeks after that is when they first get tested.
Sorry for the hijack Shed
No hijack at all. This journal is for all of us to share ideas and get all questions asked and answered. Thanks to everyone for jumping in. :ciao:
Now just hit them with the rice balls
There's an image! Rice ball post in my sig if anyone needs it.
Beautiful harvest mr.Shed and the colors really came out to play.
With winter approaching I wonder if I'll be seeing the same.
Thank you Smeegol! Those low temps really brought out the purples, so I'm sure as you get into winter yours will do the same (if they have it in them :)).
Re: the sativa/indica discussion:
Big Sur and I were having a convo over on his Landrace thread about it. I did some searching in the interwebs, and I really think the best way to make a division between the two types is to think of them as fiber vs resin.
Sativas produce long fibers so they're useful for rope and sails, and they were distributed around the world along sailing routes.
Indicas are short and fast and produce heavier resin, so they're better for making hash, and they were processed and trekked across south Asia along the Silk Road to Turkey and the Mediterranean coastline. They were grown primarily in the Afghan/Paki mountains.
So, we have fiber versus resin. The two kinds of plants produce different cannabinoid and terpene profiles, but that's most likely a result of the way they grow. Tall fluffy plants grow best in humid tropical environments and almost always have bright racy highs. Short leafy ones grow best in cool dry environments and are usually far stickier and more sedative.
Thanks Graytail! Interesting approach to the landrace plants. Can we still use that differentiation when talking about the chemovars we're currently growing, so far removed from their natural origins?

Last post of the night will be the Saturday update! Just a few pics of the Candidas since they haven't been featured for a while. This is flip day 10 and I'm not seeing pistils yet. On the other hand...the stretch is definitely on :).

One is on bricks to level them out. Much cleaning to be done when they have finished stretching as they have re-bushed since the pre-flip strip.

Okay, now off to see what you did today! :slide:

Thanks Graytail! Interesting approach to the landrace plants. Can we still use that differentiation when talking about the chemovars we're currently growing, so far removed from their natural origins?

I doubt it. :laughtwo:

I think that's why more and more people are questioning the sativa/indica thing. The different effects are getting all mixed up.

Sorry @Heavenly Hybrid, it's going to a bit longer before I do the skin salve tutorial
No worries Shed! I can wait. :) Mini Shed feminized is way more important! I’m really glad you all had such a great time with her home. :love::love:

Last post of the night will be the Saturday update! Just a few pics of the Candidas since they haven't been featured for a while. This is flip day 10 and I'm not seeing pistils yet. On the other hand...the stretch is definitely on :).

One is on bricks to level them out. Much cleaning to be done when they have finished stretching as they have re-bushed since the pre-flip strip.

Looking ohh so beautiful!

I’m loving the node stacking on both Candidas. Tap or no tap! :cheesygrinsmiley: My Green Doctor is working on node five and her leaves look short and fat but it’s early.

I’m taking my boy back to school tomorrow. Always sucks.

Sounds like Sour G is the lucky lady. That’s the one I would’ve picked as well, for what it’s worth.

Mini Shed feminized is way more important!
Probably the best post I read today... I was literally 2 posts past this before it clicked and I had to go back & re-read.

LoL
Made me smile. LoL
:thumb:

Shed.... I'm pretty darn certain you are gonna be extremely happy with them Candidas. Holy shit, bro! They are jacked!
:bravo:

I’m late to the question and you probably decided already, but I agree that if either of them are ready it’s the AK and not the Sour G. Like nobody, i would have left that one for a bit as well. But, I’m on a bit of a ‘don’t harvest too early’ kick atm. SO i’d say the AK is only just ready but you could take it today if you really have to. ANother week or so for teh sourG. That’s my vote - based only on those photos.

not seeing pistils yet.
In my experience (one plant :)) they can take a very long time to start. :Namaste:

Looking freaking awesome, In the tent :rofl:that sounds so wrong. Sounds like you had a great time with mini shed feminized lmao @Heavenly Hybrid that was a great comment Lol!

...I think both could go another week...but...if harvesting one is the name of the game, I would go with Sour G as well...I'm luvving' those Candida's!!... :thumb:...I fell off the seed wagon while I was still in Mexico, and had some Candida's , Bubba Hash and other stuff show up in the mailbox Friday...looking forward to a good CBD strain when I get started...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:...

Back
Top Bottom