InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks dynamo! Nice to see you.

Thanks Joe, I appreciate the support :).

No trouble at all Joe.

And fast ;). Thanks for stopping by!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday update and the sun is shining and the weather is warm an it's time for a family portrait!

I didn't get a good look at the trichomes this morning on the remaining two but I will first thing tomorrow morning. The Candidas are still stretching and I may have to raise the light in the tent. My plan is to keep the Candidas in the tent through flower, unless the nighttime lows really get out of the 50s for good. The vegging plants can go in the shed with the lights on all night for warmth.

Here is a shot of the hanging Peyote Critical:

Not sure when it was 89% RH in the box but it's been mostly in the low 60s when I check, which I'm happy with:

How to transplant from a cloth pot? I know I've explained this before but a two pictures are worth 2000 words:

Easy! Time to break apart the PC roots and rinse out the soil

The soil goes back in the pot for a flush to rinse out the old nutes. Here are most of the roots, which get rinsed and used for skin salve:

I want to get as much of the dirt out as possible, though leftover perlite would get blocked by the cheese cloth.

That was my morning. I hope yours was a bit less messy! :cool:
Maxing your harvest to its fullest potential nice buddy digging it

Question time... I have one a week since it's all I can absorb.

Since 3/3 I've had my PE slo dryin in da fridge, around 48F and RH bounces around between 48 and 70 depending on when the fridge cycles.
I've followed the method correctly, and even let them air out after a week, and again a week after that. They feel pretty good, except when they go in the turkey bag for a day it hits 75%RH. back in da fridge they go.

Here's the question.
Does the curing start after the buds are dry, or does it start when it feels like it? What effect does damp weed have on curing? OK two questions, I'm gonna risk it.

Does the curing start after the buds are dry, or does it start when it feels like it? What effect does damp weed have on curing?
Curing is the term we use for long term storage after the dry. I'm sure you could say the buds begin curing once we cut them, but that's just not how we phrase it. It's dry first, then cure. We differentiate because otherwise one might be tempted to start "curing" before they're dry, and that will just leave you with moldy buds.

Question time... I have one a week since it's all I can absorb.

Since 3/3 I've had my PE slo dryin in da fridge, around 48F and RH bounces around between 48 and 70 depending on when the fridge cycles.
I've followed the method correctly, and even let them air out after a week, and again a week after that. They feel pretty good, except when they go in the turkey bag for a day it hits 75%RH. back in da fridge they go.

Here's the question.
Does the curing start after the buds are dry, or does it start when it feels like it? What effect does damp weed have on curing? OK two questions, I'm gonna risk it.
Honestly to my best learning ... it’s best to count the day for cure once it is dried to your liking and being burped daily phase . Some call it once that phase is done and buds are sealed for few weeks .

I found you need to have the product < 70% before turkey bag. Then when you burp the bag the air rh needs to be < 55% to bring the rh down and continue to dry and cure the product.
Well that is pretty much what I do. It feels dry, so I take it out and use your method, or intend to. If the RH is higher than 70 it goes back in the fridge. Once under 70 I then burp it. Sometimes I leave lots of airspace in it to help bring it down. When it gets closer to 62 I reduce the airspace.
Did I understand you correctly?

I think curing is a term of art rather than a process that does not begin until the weed is dried to around 62%. We want the buds dry enough to be able to be sealed without concern for mold, and we do not want to dry them too fast or the chlorophyll will not have time to dissipate. So we do the hanging and the burping to slow the drying process to the point we feel confident about sealing them up without molding.

You could quick dry and then seal them, but the chlorophyll would still be there when you go to smoke them a month later.

Yeah my 9x9 room I use to dry my buds is same 40% sometimes 30% lol but warm weather is aroud the corner and if it rains and is warm I have to keep that in perspective.

I think curing is a term of art rather than a process that does not begin until the weed is dried to around 62%. We want the buds dry enough to be able to be sealed without concern for mold, and we do not want to dry them too fast or the chlorophyll will not have time to dissipate. So we do the hanging and the burping to slow the drying process to the point we feel confident about sealing them up without molding.

You could quick dry and then seal them, but the chlorophyll would still be there when you go to smoke them a month later.
OK, so that clears that up. The bottom line then is nothing is affected during the slo n dry if it's in the fridge for a month before the RH is manageable for the TB's?

OK, so that clears that up. The bottom line then is nothing is affected during the slo n dry if it's in the fridge for a month before the RH is manageable for the TB's?
As long as your temps are low and cool enough more or less , I think ?

As long as your temps are low and cool enough more or less , I think ?
If I recall the fridge was critical. Not the right temp and rh in there and you risk mold, moreso if you don't turn it as required. Once out of the fridge, I'm not sure temps matter as much as a proper RH to facilitate the final dry.

Well that is pretty much what I do. It feels dry, so I take it out and use your method, or intend to. If the RH is higher than 70 it goes back in the fridge. Once under 70 I then burp it. Sometimes I leave lots of airspace in it to help bring it down. When it gets closer to 62 I reduce the airspace.
Did I understand you correctly?
I see the cure to be a process that is done after the drying process. Even if you dry it down to 62% you still need to burp for a few weeks before choosing the jars. And what you said here is exactly how I do it.

Even if you dry it down to 62% you still need to burp for a few weeks before choosing the jars. And what you said here is exactly how I do it.
OK, but how often. If I like my weed at 62RH then wont it go down lower if I burp too often? Should I get to 64RH then do the burp to 62 and call it cured?

Back
Top Bottom