InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Great, thanks Shed!

So, many of you may know or heard of our latest seed sponsor here, @DrSeeds . They are a Canadian operation and as you can see they have a presence here on 420. Rebecca is the Customer Service rep and is looking to start things off right here. I'm sure you'll see more of her as she gets settled in.
They are very transparent on how they operate and some may not agree with everything, but at least you know where you stand.

There are other suppliers here in Canada, but not sponsors at 420. I always try and purchase from sponsors here once I realized the importance of having them around. So, here's what I purchased last night, and shipping today.
1553730195034.png

Each collector tin above cost $50.00 CDN(varies) and contain 5 seeds each. I'm not sure if it's SOP or just a promo, but with the coupon code 3 FOR 2 you get 3 tins for the price of 2.

The site itself has a nice layout but needs to be a bit better as far as navigation goes. They are interested in all feedback, so I'm sure you will see some improvements down the road.

So, if you get a chance, pop on over to their thread and send a quick welcome. I'm sure they will appreciate it as much as your business!
Now that's how you show appreciation for a sponsor. Not like some who will cut off their nose despite their face.......a sticker missing? Seriously? Is that anyway to treat a new sponsor? Sorry. Kinda mad about that evidently. Venting over. I hope you know what I'm talking about Sauga. Otherwise I look crazy.

It's on one of the Dr. Seed threads. Someone didn't receive a sticker, evidently it was a deal breaker and called them out for it. I erased a few choice words instead of making matters worse. Restraint, I got it.

Now that's how you show appreciation for a sponsor. Not like some who will cut off their nose despite their face.......a sticker missing? Seriously? Is that anyway to treat a new sponsor? Sorry. Kinda mad about that evidently. Venting over. I hope you know what I'm talking about Sauga. Otherwise I look crazy.
Yes I know exactly. I'll be posting my own review as soon as I receive them. I think it was her first customer here. Total bs really.

To anyone who missed my Peyote Critical harvest update from this morning, it's here!

Yes please! I’m trying to plan things out better myself. I’d love to see your process. As VG says - peer into your mind!
While I wait for the trimming pics to upload I'll sort this through, and I use numbered days of the year to figure all of this out. You can use this if you want to do something similar (note: all my dates are guesstimates):

I'm going to figure the Candidas as a 10 week strain to be on the safe side. That's 70 days from March 21st, or 70+80 (March 21st is the 80th day of the year) = 150. The 150th day of the year is May 30th. If I want to get one more flowering done before the summer plants need to be flipped, I can flip them June 1st.

That means I could grow out the Bedroom Cookies and the next AK-47 until then, and then flip them June 1st, which means they will be done August 10th (I don't think they will run close to 70 days but just in case).

That leaves the question of how long I want to veg the summer plants, which tend to show pistils mid-July. July 15th is day 196, so if I want to veg 80 days, I need to have seeds sprouted by day 116, or April 26th. Or have my clones ready and rooted by then.

For the summer, I am planning on planting a DTF by Stank Genetics and maybe a Super Lemon Haze by 420. The rest will be clones: at least one Candida and one clone I hope to get by mail in April. The advantage to the summer is that I don't need the light over any plants in the shed, so I can probably squeeze four in there when I need to after Sept 21st, or earlier if I want to flip earlier. I think that's all I'm going to run unless I add an auto that I will just leave outside.

Questions, comments, or suggestions welcome!

Got all the trimming done this evening, and I have to say I trimmed it a bit closer than I thought I would. Mostly because the leaves had already flattened against the buds which makes it hard to know just where to stop (can't see the tops where the sugar is...just the undersides).

I took them all down off the line around 7:30 pm, where they'd been hanging since 9:00 am. Normally I like to trim them after 4 hours but I was at work! Here is the box o'buds:

Here's the trim with a lot of sugar in it. No matter, it all goes in the freezer with the fans for skin salve (not pain oil):

Got a little ball of scissor hash!

And here they are all trimmed and hung:

I close up the box and point a fan at the holes on the lower right, and the air vents out the holes top left. Until the Santa Ana's come through (which they might over the weekend), I can dry these this way. Once the ambient RH drops below 62% I'll turn the fan off and seal up the box.

That's it for me tonight...see y'all in the morning (my time ;) ).

:ciao:

To anyone who missed my Peyote Critical harvest update from this morning, it's here!

While I wait for the trimming pics to upload I'll sort this through, and I use numbered days of the year to figure all of this out. You can use this if you want to do something similar (note: all my dates are guesstimates):

I'm going to figure the Candidas as a 10 week strain to be on the safe side. That's 70 days from March 21st, or 70+80 (March 21st is the 80th day of the year) = 150. The 150th day of the year is May 30th. If I want to get one more flowering done before the summer plants need to be flipped, I can flip them June 1st.

That means I could grow out the Bedroom Cookies and the next AK-47 until then, and then flip them June 1st, which means they will be done August 10th (I don't think they will run close to 70 days but just in case).

That leaves the question of how long I want to veg the summer plants, which tend to show pistils mid-July. July 15th is day 196, so if I want to veg 80 days, I need to have seeds sprouted by day 116, or April 26th. Or have my clones ready and rooted by then.

For the summer, I am planning on planting a DTF by Stank Genetics and maybe a Super Lemon Haze by 420. The rest will be clones: at least one Candida and one clone I hope to get by mail in April. The advantage to the summer is that I don't need the light over any plants in the shed, so I can probably squeeze four in there when I need to after Sept 21st, or earlier if I want to flip earlier. I think that's all I'm going to run unless I add an auto that I will just leave outside.

Questions, comments, or suggestions welcome!

My head hurts. Nothing in your world is easy. Shuffling plants indoors and out, and calendar work that would make a Mayan proud. You're one dedicated dude.

Got all the trimming done this evening, and I have to say I trimmed it a bit closer than I thought I would. Mostly because the leaves had already flattened against the buds which makes it hard to know just where to stop (can't see the tops where the sugar is...just the undersides).

I took them all down off the line around 7:30 pm, where they'd been hanging since 9:00 am. Normally I like to trim them after 4 hours but I was at work! Here is the box o'buds:

Here's the trim with a lot of sugar in it. No matter, it all goes in the freezer with the fans for skin salve (not pain oil):

Got a little ball of scissor hash!

And here they are all trimmed and hung:

I close up the box and point a fan at the holes on the lower right, and the air vents out the holes top left. Until the Santa Ana's come through (which they might over the weekend), I can dry these this way. Once the ambient RH drops below 62% I'll turn the fan off and seal up the box.

That's it for me tonight...see y'all in the morning (my time ;) ).

:ciao:
Beautiful harvest shed love purple buds one day I’ll get there buddy . Until then I’ll sit in awe lol

Nice dry box Shed! What is a skin salve and how is it different from pain oil, please? Also, does the newspaper at the bottom serve a purpose too?
Good job with the trimming work, that looks like a great haul to me! :high-five:

My head hurts. Nothing in your world is easy. Shuffling plants indoors and out, and calendar work that would make a Mayan proud. You're one dedicated dude.
Thanks farside! I didn't ever do this when I was growing autos, but now with the whole flipping thing it gets way more complicated. Just imagine I have three tents and it makes more sense...
Beautiful harvest shed love purple buds one day I’ll get there buddy . Until then I’ll sit in awe lol
Thanks Joe. I'm way more impressed with the 6 ounces I pulled off the Blue Treacle auto that I did the LST on! This plant did not live up to expectations. You on the other hand, are consistently pulling nice weights off your beauties!
Nice dry box Shed! What is a skin salve and how is it different from pain oil, please? Also, does the newspaper at the bottom serve a purpose too?
Good job with the trimming work, that looks like a great haul to me! :high-five:
You'll be surprised by the final weight. I bet your Sneaky B weighs more dried! The newspaper was there when I wanted to deflect the airflow up from the holes if the plant is mostly on the top strings. Since the box is full I flattened it out of the way. I'm sure those lower buds will dry first either way.

Pain oil is made from grapeseed and/or pumkin seed oil and a shit ton of decarbed buds in the MB2. That's it. Anything else you add to it makes it less absorbable and therefore less effective. I want my oil to be close to 15mg THC/ml oil, so a lot of bud goes into each batch. However, the high THC oil doesn't seem to work as well on things like bites, hives, and abrasions. Which gets me to...

Skin salve, which is made from the roots, stems, and fans (and any leftover trim or early bud) in unrefined virgin coconut oil. I use a crock pot because the stems and roots don't work well with the grinder in the MB2 machine. When it's done cooking (for a long long time...probably 16 hours total), I add beeswax (though I may try soy wax this time) until I get a consistency I want...solid at room temperature but still spreadable. I pour it into small jars or round push-up deodorant containers:
index.jpg

I try to use the entire plant for something! When I make this batch I'll put up a tutorial.

Nice haul and beautiful buds there Shed! Can’t wait for a smoke report on her!
Thanks Magoo! I'm sure it will be "gets me high." That's the best I can get out of my wife. I'll ask around when it's time to break open a jar in a month or so :).

Back
Top Bottom