InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Okay I am finally all caught up with what's going on here at 420 so I feel ready to take a minute and post the Thursday update!

I had a lot of non-plant stuff to do today but I got through most of it, so that's less to do tomorrow :). I did get the Candidas transplanted into 1 gallon nursery pots so let's see that:

They are still on the desk on the heat mat under the CFL, because this is the temperature in the shed in the morning o_O:

And that's not even on the floor!

I know y'all have forgotten about the cloninator, but it keeps chugging along for 1 minute every 15:

I need to offload my clones (like who woulda thought I would ever say that! ). The ones in the cloninator would be perfect for hempy or DWC...

I also upgraded the light-hanging apparatus from eye-hooks to pulleys. Much easier to raise and lower without fraying the cotton rope:

I hope you all sleep/slept well!
:Namaste:

Okay I am finally all caught up with what's going on here at 420 so I feel ready to take a minute and post the Thursday update!

I had a lot of non-plant stuff to do today but I got through most of it, so that's less to do tomorrow :). I did get the Candidas transplanted into 1 gallon nursery pots so let's see that:

They are still on the desk on the heat mat under the CFL, because this is the temperature in the shed in the morning o_O:

And that's not even on the floor!

I know y'all have forgotten about the cloninator, but it keeps chugging along for 1 minute every 15:

I need to offload my clones (like who woulda thought I would ever say that! ). The ones in the cloninator would be perfect for hempy or DWC...

I also upgraded the light-hanging apparatus from eye-hooks to pulleys. Much easier to raise and lower without fraying the cotton rope:

I hope you all sleep/slept well!
:Namaste:
Shed can we not try to replace the rope with something that won’t fray bro ? Hmm fishing line lol

Good Morning all :). Yes, @FelipeBlu and I have discussed the idea of doing a comparative clone grow and testing the difference between Topping and Topping with FIM'ing. I have done some FIM'ing previously and it's not just specific to the apical stem. In fact I have seen several examples of it being done on every stem/branch on a plant.

My understanding is FIM'ing is to promote additional bud sites not branches like topping does. Might be wrong on that, but that's my impression.

So the idea is to see if Topping and then FIM'ing many of the resulting branches will be worthwhile and yield more.

Is that the retractable roof you started on? ;)
'Fraid not!
:high-five:
The Candidas look grateful.
60F is getting down there. Growth may slow some.
Thanks Felipe! I'm sure they're happier on the heat mat in the house under the CFL than they would be in the chilly shed under the LEDs (though the lower growth isn't getting much light). Not much I can do to heat up the shed beside run Archiweedies' HPS :).
Woah thats a rootball buddy, great capture:bravo:
Glad you like it NS!
Good Morning all :). Yes, @FelipeBlu and I have discussed the idea of doing a comparative clone grow and testing the difference between Topping and Topping with FIM'ing. I have done some FIM'ing previously and it's not just specific to the apical stem. In fact I have seen several examples of it being done on every stem/branch on a plant.
My understanding is FIM'ing is to promote additional bud sites not branches like topping does. Might be wrong on that, but that's my impression.
So the idea is to see if Topping and then FIM'ing many of the resulting branches will be worthwhile and yield more.
We'll be keeping an eye out for that. I've never seen anyone FIM past the symmetrical stage. Can you find any pics of the results of a FIM on asymmetrical growth?

'Fraid not!

Too bad, it would be a cool feature. Do you guys even need green houses in Cali?

Your a green master by now with your clones. I really want to get started with that again. With seeds you need to wait so long for them to get going. With clones you often get a healthy plant within a week.

I smoked the lower shoots on the Spliff berry yesterday. I have high hopes on that strain. That would be a nice mother to lots of clones. :yummy:

Hope you have a great Xmas and a green one!

Too bad, it would be a cool feature. Do you guys even need green houses in Cali?
The shed doesn't get any sun so a retractable roof wouldn't help. Even if it was open to the sky it would only get sun when it was directly above because, y'know...walls!
California has a range of climates from 70s to snowing on the same day depending on where you live...we're not in Hawaii :). Greenhouses do well here to protect from wind and cold snaps, so to answer your question, yes!
There’s some good images of asymmetrical FIMing Here. Scroll down.
Oh, and FIM definitely results in more branching and bush-like growth.
Thanks Felipe! Confusing set of pics to me anyway. I couldn't follow what was growth from the symmetrical FIM and what was not. [Also, linking to outside forums is frowned upon by the mods.]

The shed doesn't get any sun so a retractable roof wouldn't help. Even if it was open to the sky it would only get sun when it was directly above because, y'know...walls!

You know I was joking right?

California has a range of climates from 70s to snowing on the same day depending on where you live...we're not in Hawaii :). Greenhouses do well here to protect from wind and cold snaps, so to answer your question, yes!

And yes, there too. :) In Spain they even have glasshouses in the southern dessert. Desalting water plants to water with....!

If it’s difficult to understand, it’s probably no loss then if it’s scrubbed.
Difficult for me anyway! I'm waiting for BTz' step by step :).
You know I was joking right?
Yes, but in case you had an image of the shed being in the sun, it's under a huge pine tree, whose needles you see in many many pics!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

These two leaves on the Peyote Critical caught my eye when I went to move the plants this morning. Light stress? Deficiency? Thoughts?

And what if I got an oil-filled radiant heater, plugged it in in the house, and then unplugged it to move in the shed at night while it cooled?
grays-radiant-heaters-hd904-a7q-64_1000.jpg

Difficult for me anyway! I'm waiting for BTz' step by step :).

Yes, but in case you had an image of the shed being in the sun, it's under a huge pine tree, whose needles you see in many many pics!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

These two leaves on the Peyote Critical caught my eye when I went to move the plants this morning. Light stress? Deficiency? Thoughts?

And what if I got an oil-filled radiant heater, plugged it in in the house, and then unplugged it to move in the shed at night while it cooled?
grays-radiant-heaters-hd904-a7q-64_1000.jpg
I use a little fan style radiant heater, but it has an internal thermostat so it shuts itself on/off as necessary.

Lights heat during the day, heater at night. I love that little thing. Maybe $40 when i got it.

:passitleft:

That heater just might work if you just have to raise temps a little.
I think 5-7º would do it but I can't plug it in the shed because of the wattage issues, so I would get it really hot plugged in the house, and then put it in the shed to radiate heat as it cooled down through the night.
I use a little fan style radiant heater,
Those draw too much wattage though (see above). This one is $40 at home depot.
Let’s see..not newest growth..maybe slight Mg def from new star in their sky?:surf:
I was wondering about that. I already bumped the cal-mag up from 3 to 4 ml/gal but that might not be enough for the new light. Thanks Felipe!

Back
Top Bottom