InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

New plants look great shed. I see there's a science class in attendance as well. Already brushing up on my chemistry, why not add some physics?!

Some of the energy is wasted as heat (6%) in the conversion, which is why you need to add that if you calculate from specs.
I can't tell if you're trolling or not at this point PRG :hmmmm:. I've got a clamp multi-meter, a formula from Sam, and basic math skills. I'm set!
There will be no video!
New plants look great shed. I see there's a science class in attendance as well. Already brushing up on my chemistry, why not add some physics?!
Thanks Them! You dropped right into the middle of something anyway :).
:ciao: Hello 420!
Howdy AW! What do you think of my week-old Candidas?

I had fun this morgning catching up all this. I hope it turns out well for you shed with your new lights. I don't know why it's so important to know the wall draw? I thought you wanted to trim the lights in? :) I know you can do this buddy! Lets build some lights now.... :)
Hot tub...circuit breaker...electric bill...wall watts!
When I have all the pieces ready I will build the light.
Phewf! I'm exhausted.

Just a drive-by... Hell this thread really sails along, lost me way back.. But did see the youngins... GL there Mister Shed.

Lets just hope Shed doesn't knock out the power on his block when he is doing this or end up with curly hair and charred hands.
You will be fine brother looking forward to seeing you fire them up o_O
:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes::oops:fired up... Curly hair?!
Oo ooo, but OK, I can fix your hair do after shed :laugh::rofl:

You will be fine brother looking forward to seeing you fire them up o_O
Yeah do ittttt!!!! We want live action In the shed footage

Great looking Candida’s!

I deal with that crap daily. Mechanical design is what I do. It's fun but there is a lot more that goes into things than most people know. I hold multiple patents on pumps that turn liquid soap into foam.o_O People use them everyday and don't understand what makes them work. It pays the bills though :cool:
Your probably my coolest friend!! I don’t buy anything but foamy soap!!
You just went from here! To here! (Insert Hands gesturing up a really high level to ultra high level)

All this engineering talk makes me want get high:ganjamon:
:passitleft:

Shed, what is your price per KWh out there? Here we pay about .2 on the high side assuming your pulling less than 1K a month.

My electrical cost with 500w at 12 hours and 250w at 18 hours works out to about a dollar a day.

No shame in being concerned with what your pulling....

I think that is where you lost them shed. I listened to you when you first started and consumption was where your head was. I think everyone got caught up on what was happening at the strips and not the wall. Thus them confusing the situation offering too much info.
Maybe I should open each post with "Reading is FUNdamental"! Thanks for your help Sam :).
Shed, what is your price per KWh out there? Here we pay about .2 on the high side assuming your pulling less than 1K a month.
My electrical cost with 500w at 12 hours and 250w at 18 hours works out to about a dollar a day.
No shame in being concerned with what your pulling....
No shame, just a shit-ton of confusion. If you're always thinking about hammers, everything reads like a nail!
We're around 16-17 cents/KWh here.
Simple rule, no hot tubing when the shed is glowing. :)
Hot tub heater runs 24/7! We'll see if the breaker goes :eek:.
Just a drive-by... Hell this thread really sails along, lost me way back.. But did see the youngins... GL there Mister Shed.
Thanks Norcali! The pictures are where the plants are :).
Yeah do ittttt!!!! We want live action In the shed footage
Angles will be singing!
Your probably my coolest friend!! I don’t buy anything but foamy soap!!You just went from here! To here! (Insert Hands gesturing up a really high level to ultra high level)
All this engineering talk makes me want get high:ganjamon:
Glad I could facilitate your admiration-enhancement :thumb:
#lesscoolfriend

Hot tub heater runs 24/7! We'll see if the breaker goes :eek:.

Do you need that thing to run 24/7 in Cali? My x blew a fuse yesterday when she went out on the balcony for a smoke. She turned on the infra heaters 2000W and a heater fan 1500W and wounder why the fuse went. When I gave her the fuse she understood. It was so hot you couldn't hold it.

When I moved in here the first thing I did was to put up another electric box aside the one already there. One fuse for grow closet and one for the hot tub. But I don't need a heater in mine, we got the hot water in the fee we pay for the apartment association. So "free" hot water. This winter we got new thermostats on our heaters, now we just got 21C in the apartment. I think it's too cold so I put in oil filed heaters this fall. I don't like that some one else governs how hot or cold I should have.

Do you need that thing to run 24/7 in Cali? My x blew a fuse yesterday when she went out on the balcony for a smoke. She turned on the infra heaters 2000W and a heater fan 1500W and wounder why the fuse went. When I gave her the fuse she understood. It was so hot you couldn't hold it.

When I moved in here the first thing I did was to put up another electric box aside the one already there. One fuse for grow closet and one for the hot tub. But I don't need a heater in mine, we got the hot water in the fee we pay for the apartment association. So "free" hot water. This winter we got new thermostats on our heaters, now we just got 21C in the apartment. I think it's too cold so I put in oil filed heaters this fall. I don't like that some one else governs how hot or cold I should have.
My wife likes the 450 gallon hot tub to be at 103-104º F when she gets in, which is almost every day. It's obviously on a thermostat so the heater kicks on when it needs to. The jets draw even more power but we rarely use them.

The entire garage is on a 60a circuit that I put in to power the 60a 220v kiln. Since I already had the exact circuit I needed for the hot tub (which is 15' to the right of the garage), I didn't run another line to the garage. When I need to run the kiln (rarely these days) I just kill the circuit the hot tub is on. If the lights and the hot tub heater blow the breaker, I will have to remember to lower and raise the temp setting on the hot tub every night and morning.

Unlike Chris Scorpio's abode, Los Angeles is not the surface of the sun. It can get into the high-40s at night in the winter where I am and freezes overnight in the San Fernando Valley just over the hill. SoCal isn't Sweden but it's also not Hawaii!

Back
Top Bottom