InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

i even found the exact species
Image15YZlarge.jpg

Top side of a larva of fungus-eating ladybird, Illeis galbula

ladybug larva
Wow Pt, that was quick! Thanks :thanks:

Crazy-looking bug Amy o_O. Glad it was friend not foe!
some examples

ladybug_larvae.jpg
i even found the exact species
Image15YZlarge.jpg

Top side of a larva of fungus-eating ladybird, Illeis galbula

Wow:circle-of-love::thanks:

Not enough f words to say how totally ... awesome that is!

Yes! We knew we had the fungus eating ones - never knew what the larvae looked like til now. Too cool. I wouldn’t have put it together either PW!

Pt, I have plenty more ego boosters for you, one or 2 in my thread actually. I’m seeking them out now, seeing as you’re here...

All is well. Thanks MGR!

Good hear buddy!!
Hows the ak-47 today after there defoliation?
Did it stress them any that u can see?
You also lollipoped didnt you? Or not so much?

The AK-47 is the bounce-back king. Everything I supercropped was standing up this morning. Bent it all back down. I didn't do a real lollipop, just enough to clear out some space.
Sounds good glad everything is going well for you :high-five:

hehe sorry if i am ellusive to some ... but when i see it i always reply ... it flaters my ego

And we appreciate you sharing your expertise to calm our nerves when it comes to the potential pests! We love our bug expert!

Im looking for the post in my history on computer now.. if i can find it ill post it. Thats what i was thinking also lol bc somebody asked the member who harvested he said, did you top the plant? Just bc he had huge colas in ppl were saying dang i wish mine were that big did you top it? And he said know autos dont have the time to be able to (HST) he said i had a fan blowing across it pretty breezy to give it a good deal of LST and thats it.. so then they were saying a fan isn’t considered lst in most were saying yes it is..

So i wondered what yalls thoughts were on the situation bc i have a fan blowing pretty good not to bad across mine just enough to move fan leafs around barely.. i know you can get wind burn but didnt know if you could do lst with them lol

I know that this is an older post but I wanted to offer a bit of a take on this. I know that we probably don't equate a fan as training and depending on what you are using that fan for, it might not be. But if you use it up specifically for strengthening the stem or branches, what are you doing? You are training it to do what you want.

Most of us use fans to keep the air moving and to prevent pests from getting easy access to the top of the soil. Its probably not the best form of training for strengthening up branches and stems. I have found that shaking the plants (gently when they are seedlings, and more aggressively as they grow stronger) or their branches, you can see crazy increases in the strength and rigidity of the plants.

Shed, you remember how lanky my ATF was about a week or two ago? I have been shaking that solo cup back and forth a few times a day to simulate higher winds that trees and plants experience in nature. In less than a week, it doesn't even look like the same plant. It has virtually no bend in the stalk as I shake it now. I have been doing the same things with my Tangie Ghost Train clones and the branches are strengthening up faster than any other methods I have tried. Original credit on this technique goes to Dabber, but I took what I saw him doing and started doing it on my seedlings and I can assure it is training!

I know that this is an older post but I wanted to offer a bit of a take on this. I know that we probably don't equate a fan as training and depending on what you are using that fan for, it might not be. But if you use it up specifically for strengthening the stem or branches, what are you doing? You are training it to do what you want.

Most of us use fans to keep the air moving and to prevent pests from getting easy access to the top of the soil. Its probably not the best form of training for strengthening up branches and stems. I have found that shaking the plants (gently when they are seedlings, and more aggressively as they grow stronger) or their branches, you can see crazy increases in the strength and rigidity of the plants.

Shed, you remember how lanky my ATF was about a week or two ago? I have been shaking that solo cup back and forth a few times a day to simulate higher winds that trees and plants experience in nature. In less than a week, it doesn't even look like the same plant. It has virtually no bend in the stalk as I shake it now. I have been doing the same things with my Tangie Ghost Train clones and the branches are strengthening up faster than any other methods I have tried. Original credit on this technique goes to Dabber, but I took what I saw him doing and started doing it on my seedlings and I can assure it is training!
LOL! It may be training but I wouldn't consider it in the category of LST. I mean, yes, it might be low stress, but that's not what anyone means by LST. And the guy who said it was was bragging about using it to create "huge colas." Stiffen the sprout? Sure. Create huge colas with a fan? No way!

Back
Top Bottom