InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I’m catching up but I know you get it! Lol

I was just doing a bunch of reading on environmental sustainability and how we need to be doing our part as cultivators.

Did you know that in the USA, the legal cannabis growing industry uses 1% of the total electrical consumption and produces 15 million tons of greenhouse gases every year. This is the equivalent energy requirement for 1.7 million homes. Also uses 2 times as much water as grape crop! Cannabis is the most intensive crop in agriculture.

I’ll go back and find some reading for you Shed! There are a few relating just to the California cannabis industry and pertains only to the legal market. We did a bunch of reading and watching on the illegal market in the forests of the emerald triangle and the crazy damage these farmers are leaving behind, it made me really sad actually.
Every commodity has its price!

The grid in CA will be completely renewable by 2045. "California already gets about one-third of its electricity from solar, wind and other renewable energy sources, and appears on its way toward hitting the 50 percent mark in another decade or so. But creating an all-renewable electricity grid — completely free of traditional energy from natural gas or other fossil fuels — could be a monumental task. Stepping up California’s efforts to combat climate change, the state Legislature on passed SB 100, requiring utilities to generate all their electrical power from renewable sources by 2045." It was signed by Jerry Brown and is now law.

Say if you keep cloning a clone does the plant get weaker in potency over time ,or does it alter the genetics in anyway iv always wondered about that. i dont see why it would but just figured id bring up the question since im not informed on it, does anything change or get altered in anyway or is it basically the genetics from the very first seed popped from the very first plant the clone came from?
No @Pennywise can confirm that is not true however there are exemptions im
Sure maybe he can chime in?

No @Pennywise can confirm that is not true however there are exemptions im
Sure maybe he can chime in?
Yeah thats what i was wondering but had to clarify that , the genetics keep getting passed down and nothing changes its still the plant that was popped from the first seed..

I don't know the answer to that question but I do know that some strains are kept alive for years through cloning only. Technically, this AK was first sprouted in May of 2017!
Yeah me either.. maybe pennywise can chime in on it and give some insight.

LOL! I'm starting to think I'm going to be up to my ass in AK and Sour G clones all of a sudden. From drought to flood!
Well youll have plenty of good canna for awhile.. :drool:

If someone has a link to a scientific article on leaf cutting please post it here!

I do it because most people do and I wanted to increase my odds. As I get more consistent at cloning I may run a side-by-side test to see if it makes a difference
:popcorn:
ot of LST on my Blue Treacle Auto 2. If you want I can do a few closeups on it tomorrow so you can see how I started and how I got to here:
full
:D :popcorn:

maybe you did this ^^^ already - I’m jumping forward. Did I miss anything since Monday?

Jeff Sessions just resigned and there's new leadership in Congress. Maybe now we can see some daylight on rescheduling cannabis!

And well done getting through all your tours alive. :peace:

Hey DET! :welcome: Is this in response to a question from last year or did you just pop in with that valuable piece of information out of the blue? Either way...thanks!

Yeah I really jumped in here :slide:but yeah I saw a post from like a year ago scrolling by and decided to post it

I’m catching up but I know you get it! Lol

I was just doing a bunch of reading on environmental sustainability and how we need to be doing our part as cultivators.

Did you know that in the USA, the legal cannabis growing industry uses 1% of the total electrical consumption and produces 15 million tons of greenhouse gases every year. This is the equivalent energy requirement for 1.7 million homes. Also uses 2 times as much water as grape crop! Cannabis is the most intensive crop in agriculture.

I’ll go back and find some reading for you Shed! There are a few relating just to the California cannabis industry and pertains only to the legal market. We did a bunch of reading and watching on the illegal market in the forests of the emerald triangle and the crazy damage these farmers are leaving behind, it made me really sad actually.

I think a lot of that is due to a couple of things. Most of the crop is indoors and running HID lighting from the limited grows I have seen. They also seem to be running hydro a lot of flood and drain setups. Dobe made an observation that as things settle down with the legal market and the newness wears off the focus will be more on quality than quantity. It's sort of like beer in that you have your volume manufacturers with sales giving way to micro brews. That should curb it some.

As it becomes more mainstream I would think that would go the route of more natural green house grows and soil like home and garden plants. This would decrease the operating costs and consumption quite a bit.

For me anyway when i was growing in coco only my electric bill barely changed. I average about $170 per month total with saltwater aquariums running. I haven't checked if the hydro tent added much to that yet.

Yeah I really jumped in here :slide:but yeah I saw a post from like a year ago scrolling by and decided to post it
No problem DET! I appreciate the info :).
I think a lot of that is due to a couple of things. Most of the crop is indoors and running HID lighting from the limited grows I have seen. They also seem to be running hydro a lot of flood and drain setups. Dobe made an observation that as things settle down with the legal market and the newness wears off the focus will be more on quality than quantity. It's sort of like beer in that you have your volume manufacturers with sales giving way to micro brews. That should curb it some.

As it becomes more mainstream I would think that would go the route of more natural green house grows and soil like home and garden plants. This would decrease the operating costs and consumption quite a bit.

For me anyway when i was growing in coco only my electric bill barely changed. I average about $170 per month total with saltwater aquariums running. I haven't checked if the hydro tent added much to that yet.
More and more landlords are seeing the value of covering every square inch of roof with solar panels, so hopefully the cannabis industry will get on board there as well. Good points Sam!
Hope your plastic lawn isn't on fire Shed... heard on the news you got a wild fire there. Hope u are ok!

Thanks for thinking me Crazy! Nothing burning close to me this time, but here is the view from where I work:
View media item 1622149
Between mass shootings and wildfires, the West Valley is not the place to be.

When I cut the basket off the new Sour G with roots, the longest root went with it (no, I did not cut it...it came off as the basket fell on the last cut). It's got two other small roots so it will just be a bit longer before it goes in soil.

On the plus side...it's FRIDAY! I hope you all have something fun planned :cool:.

Dude be careful up there, if you need to get away the wineries in Temecula are basically in my backyard.

My sister-in-law lives on the north side of Boney Mountain, she shared some amazing photos with me this morning.

Dude be careful up there, if you need to get away the wineries in Temecula are basically in my backyard.
My sister-in-law lives on the north side of Boney Mountain, she shared some amazing photos with me this morning.
Tell your SIL to stay packed and ready to go and wish her our best. I'm far enough south of the Santa Monica Mountains to be out of the danger zone.

My wife and her girlfriends rented a house for a long weekend in Temecula this past summer! They used to go to Palm Springs every year but as they get older they like 110º less and less. If they go again next summer I'll have her bring you some clones!

Back
Top Bottom