InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I want 2 lemon trees at the new crib.... Any suggestions for care? I've heard they can be sassy little plants too.

Meyer Lemons, get two or three, you could plant them street side on that shed for privacy. Recommend a cooler with Tecate in bottles as well. And you can use those meyers to make margs for your MIL to chill her out. A margarita made w some grand mariner and fresh squeezed meyer kicks ass. It's one of the easier citrus for your local.

Also get 3 mex limes. key lime pie and more margaritas. Prob need a couple peaches, refer to your local extension for varieties for your area (big deal). My cousin makes a peach trappist style beer with my peaches every summer that is killer.

And meyers usually fetch around 6 a # at the local butt store.

And don't even plant any of that stuff now. Wait till Nov Dec

Dunno about the Owari part, just the Satsuma part. Got it at Boething Treeland in Woodland Hills years ago. Put it in the ground where it grew for a few years. Then I dug it up because it wasn't fruiting (winters aren't really cold enough where I am) but then I didn't have the heart to toss it so I planted it next to the house. It didn't have a lot of roots because I wasn't going to keep it, but it survived and gives us a few satsumas every couple of years. We still have to buy bags of them because we love them, but they're only around in December. The Cuties and mandarins they sell the rest of the year don't have the loose skin and aren't as sweet.

I didn't know you had one. I Just bought one from fastgrowingtrees . com this spring. They are called Owari Satsumas. I took pictures of it for @Lady G2HM a while back. I have mine in a pot because it gets cold here in the winter. I love that thing but man they just hate it when it rains too much.

Only satsuma I have left is in the ground on the east side of the house. It gets too cold here, but it's by a dryer vent and I cover it (PITA)w light bulbs to give heat. Dunno how it's made 6 winters, we get well into the teens. I am ok with a non-compliant satsuma that I don't have to put on casters.

Don't think I'll have that problem :). They do need cold winters to set fruit (like a lot of peach trees...luckily not the Babcock I had) so they work in Woodland Hills where the nursery is but not at my house.
I'm going to start letting mine sit out longer and longer every fall before i bring it in to try and harden it off for the cold. But I don't think I will ever get it to stay outside the whole winter. I read a forum where some dude claimed that he had gotten his to the point where he could leave it out in -20 degree weather and it would come back. I don't believe that and i'm not trying it. Not for a 100 dollar tree.

Lol!! In reference to the yellow on the clones, that’s usually a sign that roots are developing:)
Dont say that. Dabbers are green as they come... but they dont seem to be too fond of the warm veg space :confused::rolleyes:

Lol!! In reference to the yellow on the clones, that’s usually a sign that roots are developing:)
Dabbers are green as they come... but they dont seem to be too fond of the warm veg space
And Shed's are getting yellower with every passing hour, and I just added the heat mat to add warmth! Roots you say? Time will tell...

The box:

The Gold Leaf cuttings:

The AK clone cuttings:

New to me...thanks!

Back
Top Bottom