InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Man you've got me all kinds of excited to grow a Haze X lmfao. Gonna do mine organic. No guessing on nutes it can take what it wants when it wants.

You get any lime?! Dolomite lime top dressed.

Nice looking bug shots there mr shed.

All I know too is 26 a seed isnt terrible whe you look at cuts like slurricane 500 a pack. Alien gear 2 to 4 Bill's a pack. Exotic genetics, in-house, old world (DJ short) are all gonna cost big bucks.

But you buy 1 pack and can make 10000000 seeds. You own those phenos and genetics.

Anyway I think anything over 15 16 a beans absurd personally. But it's like the 4 inch pipes that sell for 20k. The product is worth what people are willing to pay. Period. That being said when I order the pricier seeds a normally get a few extra, not to mention freebies too. It almost always works out in the end.

Regular seeds from seedsman, for.example are normally pretty cheap. You find a solid regular strain and 2 15 dollar a pop seeds. Cross them and boom. 50 60 bucks and you'll have seeds for life!

Man you've got me all kinds of excited to grow a Haze X lmfao. Gonna do mine organic. No guessing on nutes it can take what it wants when it wants.

All I know too is 26 a seed isnt terrible whe you look at cuts like slurricane 500 a pack. Alien gear 2 to 4 Bill's a pack. Exotic genetics, in-house, old world (DJ short) are all gonna cost big bucks.

But you buy 1 pack and can make 10000000 seeds. You own those phenos and genetics.

Anyway I think anything over 15 16 a beans absurd personally. But it's like the 4 inch pipes that sell for 20k. The product is worth what people are willing to pay. Period. That being said when I order the pricier seeds a normally get a few extra, not to mention freebies too. It almost always works out in the end.

Regular seeds from seedsman, for.example are normally pretty cheap. You find a solid regular strain and 2 15 dollar a pop seeds. Cross them and boom. 50 60 bucks and you'll have seeds for life!
I want you to grow out that Haze too so I can see what it's supposed to look like!

Once you get the silver thing down (STS or CS), then any seed is just an investment in your future. If it's a one-off plant you won't even be cloning though (to at least halve your costs), you have to decide if those genetics are something you're willing to pay for. Like $5000/inch pipes!

Thanks Kismet! I sure hope so :).

Only plant pic update today is the Brooklyns, so those are here.

I watered the HazeX today because it finally felt light and I didn't want it to wilt too much in the heat today. I don't have a handle on this plant at all in terms of what it wants. N made the leaves curl, the tips of some of the leaves are brown, it's a bit pale again but runoff pH is 6.7. I'll do another soil test though this is different soil from last time since it's been transplanted. I gave it a gallon of:
½ tsp Armor Si
½ tsp Tiger Bloom
Nute TDS was just 180.

I don't even know if it's a male or a female yet! Aside from practicing the quadlining, this plant is very unsatisfying.

Let's move on to the major pic-drop of the day...the critter report! I went to water my dwarf satsuma tree this morning. The thing is no taller than 4½ feet but has recently gotten very bushy. I noticed that something was eating the leaves and it didn't take long to notice that a lot of somethings are eating the leaves. These are all in different spots, and I call them bird shit caterpillars. I'm sure @Pterostychus can do better with the name.
View media item 1585229
View media item 1585228
View media item 1585227
View media item 1585224
View media item 1585223
I also spotted this:
View media item 1585226
And two pics of a grasshopper hiding on an inner leaf:

View media item 1585221
View media item 1585222
All on a little tree:
View media item 1585225
I left them alone because caterpillars gotta eat too, just not my cannabis. Those caterpillars can all curl up and die!

I believe that 'piller is the larvae stage of P. Demoleus. They only host on citrus. We get them here. More common where you are.

Well I gots citrus! 6 lemon, one lime, one satsuma.
Yeah, they defoiled a 4' satsuma of mine in about 3 days one time. If there are a ton of em, pinch em off. Eggs under the leaves in clumps. They might not be as aggressive in your area bc more citrus.

It’s amazing you haven’t seen them before, then! Is the little one weak or frail in any way? (Just wondering why that one and not all the others...)

Nice find on the butterfly discovery thought, keep an eye out for their cocoons! Would love to see a butterfly pic when they emerge :)

It’s amazing you haven’t seen them before, then! Is the little one weak or frail in any way? (Just wondering why that one and not all the others...)
I don't think of my son as weak or frail or even the little one since he's the tallest in the house. We just finally decided that the testing really had to be done. Wait, maybe I don't know what you're referring to...

Oh, the satsuma? Not particularly weak or frail...maybe just delicious! Or maybe they're on the lemons as well but those aren't at eye level :).
Plus I think Shed’s environment is probably citrus heaven.
Do you prune ‘em Shed?
I do some pruning of the lowers as they grow so that I don't end up with thorny branches where there shouldn't be thorny branches. I also prune the solo branches that race up for the sky. Untrained lemon trees like mine are completely random in their growth - they don't look like "trees" really - and I pretty much leave them alone. They are rather ugly by themselves, but now they're sandwiched between pomegranates so there's more of a blend.

26 for a seed. I did not know they sold single seeds?

I am with you. Thousand Isle reminds me of vomit.
Oh Cali Connection doesn't, they have a standard, wallet fucking, 106.00 bucks for 6 seeds. I got my single from Bonza. They are a 420 Magazine sponsor so hopefully I don't get screwed over.

Yeah that's how I look at it too. I know that my 36 bucks that I spent will net me at least 7 ounces if I can get it to germinate. I haven't done any breeding or anything. But I'm damn sure going to clone it. I can promise you that.

I don't think of my son as weak or frail or even the little one since he's the tallest in the house. We just finally decided that the testing really had to be done. Wait, maybe I don't know what you're referring to...

Oh, the satsuma? Not particularly weak or frail...maybe just delicious! Or maybe they're on the lemons as well but those aren't at eye level :).

I do some pruning of the lowers as they grow so that I don't end up with thorny branches where there shouldn't be thorny branches. I also prune the solo branches that race up for the sky. Untrained lemon trees like mine are completely random in their growth - they don't look like "trees" really - and I pretty much leave them alone. They are rather ugly by themselves, but now they're sandwiched between pomegranates so there's more of a blend.

Wait, you have an Owari Satsuma?!

Dunno about the Owari part, just the Satsuma part. Got it at Boething Treeland in Woodland Hills years ago. Put it in the ground where it grew for a few years. Then I dug it up because it wasn't fruiting (winters aren't really cold enough where I am) but then I didn't have the heart to toss it so I planted it next to the house. It didn't have a lot of roots because I wasn't going to keep it, but it survived and gives us a few satsumas every couple of years. We still have to buy bags of them because we love them, but they're only around in December. The Cuties and mandarins they sell the rest of the year don't have the loose skin and aren't as sweet.

Back
Top Bottom