InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I won't know if I have roots until I can see them through the plastic.
If your plants are not under a dome and are not wilting they have the start of roots. Enough to sustain the plant and will get more advanced every day.

The only hesitancy I have in giving this a full endorsement already is that beez's success using this method is with clones cut from younger vegging plants. Those are known to be much easier to get roots growing from than months-old woody stems in flower. And given all the ways I've failed using the tried-and-true methods other growers have had success with, I'm gun-shy :rolleyes:.

Since you expected all the cuttings to die why not pamper (back under domes) all but one (call her Joan) of the cuttings and leave one to fend for itself? Then keep babying the others and see how long Joan survives out in the world.

I sending ya good vibes with the cuts. You sure worked hard on them. BY that opening up the dome for more and more time, is what I call 'hardening off'. I have started many a cut in them plugs and a dome. And here I'm getting close to having to get some cuts to get ready for my fall flower run.

This week I added another air pump and 2 more air stones to my cloner. Also got a 6$ aquarium temp gauge. This morning it's 70° in the house, water in rez is 79°. I'm getting better roots tho and the ones I put in dirt a week ago are looking good so far

Attachments

• IMG_20180722_092151232.jpg
    IMG_20180722_092151232.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 38
We were in the mid 80s today which is fine for me if I don't have to work in it! Dry too :).

Just a quick tour of some plants today for those who like to see pics...

Here is the Sour G mother (added more wires to open the center) and its baby clone, getting too big for its britches:

So I pulled it out and transplanted it. Yes @Derbybud, I remembered the Mykos this time :).

Okay so it's listing to port, but when I up-pot it I promise to get it straight!

All the other Sour G cuttings are dead (the ones in the cloninator and the one I moved to the clone box). I'll take more once I decide what my new cloning method is going to be. And besides the ones I take from the mother, that clone really needs to be topped!

Speaking of the cloninator, I couldn't find black paint but I found red and sprayed on three coats. That should do it for light-proofing!

Here are the AK-47 clone cuttings after almost 12 hours in the open box (ignore the dead Sour G in the middle...I'll be throwing that out shortly):

They look pretty good though no roots are visible in the rooters yet. I'll spray them down and leave the lid cracked all night like I did last night. The ones in the solo cups are still doing well uncovered for the day. The one least in flower needed more water as it felt light. Probably has the most perlite in the mix. I sprayed some of the Armor Si foliar down the edges of the cup.

And today's critter report (summoning @Pterostychus!) is a spider that I saw on my dwarf lime tree with a dead bee in its clutches:
View media item 1583939
I hope your weekend went well and that your spiders are leaving your bees be.

We were in the mid 80s today which is fine for me if I don't have to work in it! Dry too :).

Here is the Sour G mother (added more wires to open the center) and its baby clone, getting too big for its britches:

So I pulled it out and transplanted it. Yes @Derbybud, I remembered the Mykos this time :).

Okay so it's listing to port, but when I up-pot it I promise to get it straight!

All the other Sour G cuttings are dead (the ones in the cloninator and the one I moved to the clone box). I'll take more once I decide what my new cloning method is going to be. And besides the ones I take from the mother, that clone really needs to be topped!

Speaking of the cloninator, I couldn't find black paint but I found red and sprayed on three coats. That should do it for light-proofing!

Here are the AK-47 clone cuttings after almost 12 hours in the open box (ignore the dead Sour G in the middle...I'll be throwing that out shortly):

They look pretty good though no roots are visible in the rooters yet. I'll spray them down and leave the lid cracked all night like I did last night. The ones in the solo cups are still doing well uncovered for the day. The one least in flower needed more water as it felt light. Probably has the most perlite in the mix. I sprayed some of the Armor Si foliar down the edges of the cup.

And today's critter report (summoning @Pterostychus!) is a spider that I saw on my dwarf lime tree with a dead bee in its clutches:
View media item 1583939
Sour g will appreciate the mycos for sure. When I use it they act like they never skip a beat.

View media item 1583939
I think we have the cloning secret unlocked now. No need to paint the cloninator. Just toss it. We have a new method now. LOL

Back
Top Bottom