InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Cull and drive on. My 2cents. FYI, I just mulched the gums and clones so I am with you on the pain to not let go.
Man that poor goldleaf. I wouldn't have the heart to knife it either.
I agree with Nobodyhere I wouldn't take a chance on the fusarium spreading to other healthy plants. I know how hard it is killing a plant you've nursed for so long but it's all part of the game at the end of the day.
Gold Leaf RIP

:rip:

But I could NOT resist taking the best looking tops:

Sorry! I will put them in solo cups in isolation and hope for the best. Maybe the fusarium didn't make it up that far.

I took the fabric pot and put in the bathtub where I sprayed it down with clorox and water. Hopefully it will be okay to use again.

Wash and rise it really really good, the best product around for killing mold and its spores is Pine-sol. Just rise real good. I wipe down my flower room with it every time I get shut down for afew days... Kills 99.999 of all things.

You must be a glutton for punishment with the Gold Leaf. But hell she might come thru. Don't put other cuttings in the cloner with it..... Chances are the plant is infected throughout. Might be time to turn the page if you have others to grow. Bummer to hear but it's just life, and the learning curve we all gotta go thru. I been there more than once. Nowadays if I see any problematic plants I cull right out the gate,, before I invest to much more time in them.. GL

Wash and rise it really really good, the best product around for killing mold and its spores is Pine-sol. Just rise real good. I wipe down my flower room with it every time I get shut down for afew days... Kills 99.999 of all things.

You must be a glutton for punishment with the Gold Leaf. But hell she might come thru. Don't put other cuttings in the cloner with it..... Chances are the plant is infected throughout. Might be time to turn the page if you have others to grow. Bummer to hear but it's just life, and the learning curve we all gotta go thru. I been there more than once. Nowadays if I see any problematic plants I cull right out the gate,, before I invest to much more time in them.. GL

This plant was a beauty up until I posted that one branch less than two weeks ago that you accurately diagnosed. These cuttings won't go in the cloninator because 1) I don't want to contaminate anything else and 2) nothing is growing in there anyway after a month! I'm going into soil with these as it's the only place I've gotten anything to root. This time into solo cups in the small tub with the lid on. I figure if they have fusarium it should show pretty quickly the way it would have on the original plant.

Awww I hate to see this happening to you Shed. I’d be devastated, all the time and shit! Go ahead and be upset but then get back at it, cause you got more weed to grow! That trim on the AK is #onpoint
#chowfornow
Thanks newty! Now that it's gone (well...the bins get picked up Monday morning) I can move on to killing the cuttings slowly over the next few weeks. It will be back to business as usual ;).

It's a sad day in the shed garden. Sorry bud. You did all you could right?

I'm interested to see how the time interval change will go. Hopefully well!

Another bummer??? is where did it come from? Thats the way my head goes. Hopefully, whatever was contained to that one. It is a soil-borne. But wind can spread spores. Certain strains are more easily infected than others. And once a plant is infected, it's systematic, being throughout the entire plant and not like a local. The times I saw it was outdoors and in the ground for soil. It was weird,, was a good-sized patch full of fully budded plants,, and here and there was a dead or dying one. It was that Wilt. We grew there for years,, and always lost 20% Infect one plant,, and the ones around it did great. But same soil every year. I only ever heard one product with claims,, I used it, Actinovate'. I was hoping it wood help with the bud rott were famous for up here. with no results. It's a microbial thing.

I just got over fungus gnats that I got from bad soil. Came from them big stores and bags sitting in the rain. I as a rule like to hit them bigger nurseries for dirt, they turn them over fast. In a perfect world, I stock up when they open around here in the spring. Fresh dry dirt.

Bummer bout the plant,, but better now that later.. That wood've been sad if she was halfway thru and started to act out?

Jello to jello, dust to dust.

Good idea but how do you pronounce it? Is the X like the one in Xavier? Clever!

So hard to give that up. See below...

Sorry to worry you all. It was a rough two days at work and busy in the evenings. On top of which I'm kind of depressed about the Gold Leaf so I've lost a bit of my #cannamojo :(. When shit goes wrong I post it here and all my friends cheer me up :thanks:, but this one is hitting me harder because of the time and care I've put into it for close to 10 months.

And I still don't have the heart to dump the thing in the green bin. I just keep cutting it away as it dies and hope that some part of the plant will survive. I was sure I was going to trash it today and then I just couldn't do it. Here is what it looked like this morning:

If you leaned on the branches they just broke away:

I took these off and poured H2O2 on the wounds:

The plant has been relegated to the far side of the courtyard but I still gave it pH'd water. I guess I'll just toss it out one branch at a time.

In other news, I decided to do a leaf trim on the AK-47 clone. I didn't cut anything off to clone yet because I am going to try some other cloning techniques, including rapid rooters and solo cups of ProMix BX.

Here is the before:

Here's what I took off:

And here is the after:

Not the full @newty as that will come when I have all my cloning supplies ready.

Speaking of cloning, I changed the timer on the cloninator to 1 minute on / 45 minutes off. The branches stayed wet for at least that long. Also, the pump, cord, and ice pack were starting to feel slimy lately so I went back to the H2O2, as the results are the same with or without it...nothing.

Saw this the other day and even though the door of the van blocked my lane, not two fucks were given! Made the guy on my right give me some room because Iearned to drive in NYC!View media item 1580338
One of my son's friends came over with this bottle of water:
View media item 1580339
I told him the water out of our tap is more alkali than that!

And today's critter is a one-legged grasshopper. Didn't have the heart to do anything except take its picture:

The HazeX is doing fine, the Sour G clone is growing well, I've taken the wires off the Gold Leaf and used them to spread the Sour G a bit wider as it's getting a little tight in the middle.

That's my news for the day. I hope your weekend is coming along swimmingly!
Shed we have nothing to lose at this point. Put a water hose in the Gold Leaf and drench the roots. Gently work the root ball out of the soil, wash them off, and then soak it in a bucket with peroxide solution. Then replant it into a new pot. Also, put 5 mils of HydroGaurd in the cloning bucket.

Gold Leaf RIP

:rip:

But I could NOT resist taking the best looking tops:

Sorry! I will put them in solo cups in isolation and hope for the best. Maybe the fusarium didn't make it up that far.

I took the fabric pot and put in the bathtub where I sprayed it down with clorox and water. Hopefully it will be okay to use again.
Sorry actually I meant, take some tops off of the Gold Leaf and then chuck it. :rolleyes:

Another bummer??? is where did it come from? Thats the way my head goes. Hopefully, whatever was contained to that one. It is a soil-borne. But wind can spread spores. Certain strains are more easily infected than others. And once a plant is infected, it's systematic, being throughout the entire plant and not like a local. The times I saw it was outdoors and in the ground for soil. It was weird,, was a good-sized patch full of fully budded plants,, and here and there was a dead or dying one. It was that Wilt. We grew there for years,, and always lost 20% Infect one plant,, and the ones around it did great. But same soil every year. I only ever heard one product with claims,, I used it, Actinovate'. I was hoping it wood help with the bud rott were famous for up here. with no results. It's a microbial thing.
I just got over fungus gnats that I got from bad soil. Came from them big stores and bags sitting in the rain. I as a rule like to hit them bigger nurseries for dirt, they turn them over fast. In a perfect world, I stock up when they open around here in the spring. Fresh dry dirt.
Bummer bout the plant,, but better now that later.. That wood've been sad if she was halfway thru and started to act out?
I wish I knew Norcali. I just hope that was it and the others are just not standing around waiting to die at a later date :eek:.
Shed my friend I do believe you did the right thing. Yes it hurt that it was to be 1/3 your fall harvest but contaminate the others and you might of ended up with nothing. You have a whole garden to think about to get to harvest now get the rest there the best Shed way possible.
Thanks Derby. I'm sure it had to be done.
Shed we have nothing to lose at this point. Put a water hose in the Gold Leaf and drench the roots. Gently work the root ball out of the soil, wash them off, and then soak it in a bucket with peroxide solution. Then replant it into a new pot. Also, put 5 mils of HydroGaurd in the cloning bucket.
Sorry Retrix, it's already gone :rip:.

But here are the cuttings:

One cup of recycled soil from the AK, one of straight Dr Earth Pot of Gold with no extra perlite, and one with some random soil that was in the cup already.

I took 1/8th teaspoon of clonex gel and dissolved it in 16 ounces of distilled water to make my own clonex solution. I ran that through the cups until they were soaked and then brushed the straight gel on the stems and put them in holes made with the paintbrush handle. Only three cups fit so two of them will die in one cup while the others die alone.

The bucket will sit on the desk under the 2400K CFL 24 hours a day to get them to reveg.

Sorry actually I meant, take some tops off of the Gold Leaf and then chuck it. :rolleyes:
Damn you're good ;).

I was going to suggest you take it way away from the house and give it a proper burial, then go back in the fall and pay your respects either way.

Just remember in the back of your head when those cuttings are 60 days old. That crap is systemic.

A lot of tomatoes had it in the 60s, they started breeding in resistance, however some of the long day strains of tobacco and tomatoes and potatoes get it (and other things). I believe the solution at the time was rotation or not planting for x number of years.

But also, it exists out there. Some plants are weaker to it. It might be a beast with just the combo of soil your using + your weather + it's genetics.

But don't risk the herd.

Just remember in the back of your head when those cuttings are 60 days old. That crap is systemic. But don't risk the herd.
Given my experience these will be dead long before then! But if they're not, the fusarium - if it exists - should be killing these at the same time it would have if they were still on the plant.

Have I got that wrong?

Oh, just for the record, I put 163 grams (½ a tablet) of aspirin into the cloninator, which is just over ½ gallon.

I am looking at your cups. The red solo cup is just fine. The inner cup I fear is too small and will allow a lot of light between the inner and out cup. If the cuttings survive and root consider transplanting them pretty quickly. And I could be totally wrong. Maybe it doesn't matter, but ask around about it, get some opinions.

I am looking at your cups. The red solo cup is just fine. The inner cup I fear is too small and will allow a lot of light between the inner and out cup. If the cuttings survive and root consider transplanting them pretty quickly. And I could be totally wrong. Maybe it doesn't matter, but ask around about it, get some opinions.
When I push it all the way down it makes pretty good contact with the outer cup, and the light bulb isn't that strong. I will keep an eye out for that if the roots get long enough to grow out to the edges. I'd be surprised if these live that long :). Thanks beez!

Best of luck with the cuttings.

Back
Top Bottom