InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

It's Tuesday and just got back from a doctor's appointment. They drew so much blood that my mouth was dry afterward! 🦇

Nothing much going on but I thought I'd post some pictures of the Summer grow, starting with the pair together on flip day 46:

Here is the Purple Ghost Candy:

And the CapJunky:

And finally, The Wizard auto on day 59 from sprout:

Not much going on with these other than the (hopefully) bulking phase, so it's a holding pattern with a bit of tying to keep the flowers from getting too wide to fit into the Oval of Brightness®.

I hope your weekend went well and your week is off to a resounding start! :ciao:

Quotes:

There's always next year. :nomo:

Nice pics. What are you doing for silica if you're only using MC v1 now?

It's okay, you smoke weed I hear.

Naps are good for us old foiks! If you can stay awake you can read about it here:

Har! That would be THCa without decarboxilation, so no high for the beetle. :)

Seems like every area of the country has its own version! 🪲

:battingeyelashes:

Greetings gwhunran, and :welcome: to my long-running perpetual journal! I'm glad you could stop by and very glad you didn't go back to 2017 (or even early 2024) as that would be crazy. Like it says in the title, jump in any time, and now's as good a time as any.

If you have any questions about what's going on here feel free to ask as I don't mind repeating myself if it helps someone out. There may be lots of good info buried in these nearly 1800 pages, but I'll find it for you to keep you from hunting.
The PGC & CJ are looking great nice buddage but your auto looks a little funky

Nice pics. What are you doing for silica if you're only using MC v1 now?
I was using cyco silica, but it almost killed my plants. The stuff had expired and the plant did not react well to it. I had pinholes going several leaves, almost like water spot damage. Took her off of that and realized that although it may help in nutrient uptake, it wasnt going to make the branches any stronger than they are now.
So, it may be more important with an indoor grow as opposed to an outdoor grow.

Awesome plants, Shed!
Beautiful buds on both, but that CapJunky takes it to another level..💚
..and the little auto is up to 7 or 8 hits, so she's coming right along too... 😁

Thanks for the warm welcome Shed. And thanks for all your help with my problem child the purple punch.
Glad to help where I can RR!
The big girls are astounding Shed! The CJ is getting a weighty lean on. Maybe you need to rotate her.
LOL! I try, but the handles are only on two sides. :cheesygrinsmiley:
The little auto, well I have to chuckle every time I see it! An auto being an auto, that's what that is!
I know. I've grown some small ones too. But my smallest, a Stardawg, dwarfs what you've got there! I'm kinda' jealous!
Jealous because mine is smaller? That's definitely a unique take!
Such a Meritorious display of Budz!
Meritorious indeed, thanks MedSci!
CJ looks amazing, as they all do. And excellent job on the great photography skills too
Thank you Tim...and the sun makes my pics better, not my skills!
:thanks: Carmen!
Gorgeous display of buds you have there!! Very nice trichome production in the close-ups! Your skills haven't diminished over the years!! They love the SoCal sun! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode! My skills seem to have neither diminished nor grown over the years, so I guess consistency is the name of my game. :)
Awesome budage & photos shed
Thanks ThirdUncle, and long time no see!
Love the colors on Cap Junky! She's a large rainbow one! How is the PGC's pistil production doing? I can't see white ones in the pic. Got a cataract needs addressing right now so it may be me.
No need to get your eyes checked Otter. Pistil production on my plants has always stopped weeks earlier than anyone else's, though I have no idea why. I never see white pistils grow after somewhere around 35 days post flip, and I've always been jealous of everyone's buds looking fresh and new much deeper into flower. I've never figured it out but it hasn't seemed to keep the final weights down.
The PGC & CJ are looking great nice buddage but your auto looks a little funky
Funky but chic! Thanks con.
Love the purple the CJ is putting out , buds are forming nicly ! I think the Wizard is going to be a single joint plant .. POT >>> 🚬
POTJ (Plant of the Joint), :high-five:
I was using cyco silica, but it almost killed my plants. The stuff had expired and the plant did not react well to it. I had pinholes going several leaves, almost like water spot damage. Took her off of that and realized that although it may help in nutrient uptake, it wasnt going to make the branches any stronger than they are now.
So, it may be more important with an indoor grow as opposed to an outdoor grow.
So I can skip the 50ppm in veg and 30ppm in flower outside? It's certainly never kept my plants from needing support or flopping at the end.
I grow outdoors in soil, so I have never found the need for silica. 🍋
Thanks Keith! No one uses as much silica as me or (previously) MrSauga.
Awesome plants, Shed!
Beautiful buds on both, but that CapJunky takes it to another level..
..and the little auto is up to 7 or 8 hits, so she's coming right along too..
Thank you Carcass, and I'm hoping for at least one whole joint out of that auto. :rollit:
Mega Crop already has potassium silicate in it, so I've never used a standalone silica product.
Not sure of which version of MC you're thinking of but mine (v2) has only a tiny amount of Si, from the 0.15% Silicon Dioxide.

Not sure of which version of MC you're thinking of but mine (v2) has only a tiny amount of Si, from the 0.15% Silicon Dioxide.
I'll post a pic in my off topic thread. The guaranteed analysis on my bag says 0.15% silica, derived from potassium silicate.

So I can skip the 50ppm in veg and 30ppm in flower outside? It's certainly never kept my plants from needing support or flopping at the end.
There doesnt appear to be any noticeable difference, and although it may help the plant structurally, its not enough to keep the branches from requiring support. I was concerned more about restricting the nutrient uptake, but I can clearly see that was not an issue at all. I'll be dropping it out of my routine for a couple of grows for comparison.
Just confirms how well balanced MC is with some of their micro nutrients. I always said that the old man's v1 was their best. Long live v1! Although I don't think they ever had a version last longer than 3 months before they ripped it apart again. I also don't know if I will buy their product again since v1 is no longer a fit with them. I used a messload this summer with my current gròw.

There doesnt appear to be any noticeable difference, and although it may help the plant structurally, its not enough to keep the branches from requiring support. I was concerned more about restricting the nutrient uptake, but I can clearly see that was not an issue at all. I'll be dropping it out of my routine for a couple of grows for comparison.
Just confirms how well balanced MC is with some of their micro nutrients. I always said that the old man's v1 was their best. Long live v1! Although I don't think they ever had a version last longer than 3 months before they ripped it apart again. I also don't know if I will buy their product again since v1 is no longer a fit with them. I used a messload this summer with my current gròw.
I have a few lbs left of v1 and I’ll be sad when I’m out. The other versions don’t mix or grow the same for me.
Remo has been great for me but it’s 7 parts and like the others, the parts don’t run out at the same time and the cost compared to MC is so huge it will have you checking your math 😂

Still a tiny amount no matter how you get it!
For me, adding potassium based silica to MC gives me too much K and still not enough usable silica. It fries my leaves (pinholes and death) like Mr Sauga had mentioned- maybe his wasn’t bad, just pushed the K over the edge..

I have a few lbs left of v1 and I’ll be sad when I’m out. The other versions don’t mix or grow the same for me.
Remo has been great for me but it’s 7 parts and like the others, the parts don’t run out at the same time and the cost compared to MC is so huge it will have you checking your math 😂

For me, adding potassium based silica to MC gives me too much K and still not enough usable silica. It fries my leaves (pinholes and death) like Mr Sauga had mentioned- maybe his wasn’t bad, just pushed the K over the edge..
How much potassium silicate did you add? It doesn't add much usable info without any real data?

Did you add pure potassium silicate granules or did you use a commercial product? Either way I think it's important to mention the dosage so other users easier can troubleshoot their own problems with their nutrient formula?

If you keep residual Si below recommendations (30ppm) you won't add more than 26ppm K to that mix with potassium silicate, that's not much added K in my book and all my values are in range running MC?

Cheers!

I never got my hands on v1 so I've been working with v2 since I started with it 5 years ago. I've been adding very expensive MSA per your suggestion so I look forward to your findings without any boost in Si above the minuscule amount in MC.
Remo has been great for me but it’s 7 parts and like the others, the parts don’t run out at the same time and the cost compared to MC is so huge it will have you checking your math
I don't think I've ever seen a Remo plant without fried leaves at the end if their instructions were followed, so I've stayed clear. This in spite of having 5 complete kits of it floating around.
I stopped with the potassium silicate for the same reason and switched over to MSA. It's expensive but lasts a long time if you get the right brand. Of course, if MrS says he'd prefer to work without the Si boost from the past then I won't be replacing it.

I never got my hands on v1 so I've been working with v2 since I started with it 5 years ago. I've been adding very expensive MSA per your suggestion so I look forward to your findings without any boost in Si above the minuscule amount in MC.

I don't think I've ever seen a Remo plant without fried leaves at the end if their instructions were followed, so I've stayed clear. This in spite of having 5 complete kits of it floating around.

I stopped with the potassium silicate for the same reason and switched over to MSA. It's expensive but lasts a long time if you get the right brand. Of course, if MrS says he'd prefer to work without the Si boost from the past then I won't be replacing it.
Very true about the Remo, and yes I should probably mention quantities rather than just give opinions lol.
If followed exactly, the Remo has you giving 8ml from of 6 of those bottles….would fry almost any plant. I was about halfway into my first flowering when I realized that 5ml of each was better dose. It can always be increased. I like their lineup but the micro is too hot in nitrogen for flowering autos.
It’s about like FoxFarm bottles nutes. Their “plan” rarely relates to any type of typical or sensible grow, however it does have you using more of their product and regularly spending $$$ to get more or to fix things.
BTW I’ll take that remo off your hands anytime! I’m about 2/3 done with mine (all except grow)

If followed exactly, the Remo has you giving 8ml from of 6 of those bottles….would fry almost any plant. I was about halfway into my first flowering when I realized that 5ml of each was better dose

Good to know- I'm going to start on Remo when the RxBlend runs out...
Thanks guys!🙏

It can always be increased. I like their lineup but the micro is too hot in nitrogen for flowering autos.
Also crazy high K numbers in peak flower if you follow their chart! That's what fries the leaves. :eek:
BTW I’ll take that remo off your hands anytime! I’m about 2/3 done with mine (all except grow)
:thumb:
Good to know- I'm going to start on Remo when the RxBlend runs out...Thanks guys!
When I run out of MC I'll either start working the numbers with Remo or BluePlanet since I have both on hand. If you go with the Remo make sure you read the bottles and find out where the K is in flower, so you don't end up with crispy leaves! That's nothing you want to go through again. :high-five:

Also crazy high K numbers in peak flower if you follow their chart! That's what fries the leaves. :eek:

:thumb:

When I run out of MC I'll either start working the numbers with Remo or BluePlanet since I have both on hand. If you go with the Remo make sure you read the bottles and find out where the K is in flower, so you don't end up with crispy leaves! That's nothing you want to go through again. :high-five:
My Dr Wookiees is showing the effects that even 5ml dose has- this is how the fry starts
IMG_5736.jpeg

Meanwhile WxW on the same dose- not even a burnt tip.
IMG_5737.jpeg

So it takes some tweaking but 5ml is a good baseline

Back
Top Bottom