InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

interesting read
I think it could totally change the way we germinate beans 🫘. Shedster is doing a test run with bananas in a jar 🫙. Apparently they give off Ethylene as they ripen. I’m sure interested in seeing how they grow. CL🍀. :thumb: :headbanger:

I think it could totally change the way we germinate beans. Shedster is doing a test run with bananas in a jar. Apparently they give off Ethylene as they ripen. I’m sure interested in seeing how they grow. CL🍀.
I rarely have trouble germinating reasonably recent beans, but the beans I received from another member are from the early 1990s, so those will be the ones I try with ethylene.

But maybe not only bananas though:
"Kathleen Brown, associate professor of post-harvest physiology, says most tree fruits produce large amounts of ethylene, particularly apples and pears. Other high ethylene producers include apricots, avocados, cantaloupes, nectarines, papayas and peaches. Bananas, peppers and tomatoes also produce ethylene, but only when they reach full ripeness."
Source

I rarely have trouble germinating reasonably recent beans, but the beans I received from another member are from the early 1990s, so those will be the ones I try with ethylene.

"Kathleen Brown, associate professor of post-harvest physiology, says most tree fruits produce large amounts of ethylene, particularly apples and pears. Other high ethylene producers include apricots, avocados, cantaloupes, nectarines, papayas and peaches. Bananas, peppers and tomatoes also produce ethylene, but only when they reach full ripeness."
Source
I wasn’t in anyway commenting about your bean popping. But more importantly using Ethylene as a test Shedmeister. CL🍀🙂👍

I didn't mean to imply you were! I just that I thought it might be more useful on tough old beans so that's what I'll (eventually) be testing.
I thought the being able to get old beans to pop was cool but I really was impressed with the difference in the size, speed and duration. CL🍀 :thumb: :yahoo:

Source
will you be doing a treated seed & a untreated to see if the treated out performs the other? or even germinates?

The difference in the size of the plants. It said that it continues growing faster than the other throughout its life. CL🍀
Oh I don't think there will be any way to test that since these are an unknown variety with who-knows-what growth traits. Might not even be a stabilized genetic line. It would be an interesting test with a truly stable variety that tends to produce similar plants time and time again. That's not a test I'll be running with these seeds though.
will you be doing a treated seed & a untreated to see if the treated out performs the other? or even germinates?
I will, but it's really just a germination test rather than anything else. I have about 10 seeds to work with so I'll run the first two using the ethylene test and see if it makes sense to continue it.

Is ethylene a Hydrobuddy input? :Rasta:

ya no worries. just that web apps are less sketchy than trusting random binaries.
just a preference really and the web supports more devices too should equate to more users.
if it's about keeping code proprietary you just handle some logic on the backend and dont ship the code directly.

ya no worries. just that web apps are less sketchy than trusting random binaries.
just a preference really and the web supports more devices too should equate to more users.
I hear ya, but the programmer is pretty legit if you take a look at the website, so I didn't have any reservations about installing it. And there's so much customization involved that it would be tough to do on a web-based server.

And they have to be ripe
The bananas yes - the rest no from my reading.

IMG_9939.jpeg

These are ripe green papayas but & Co is busy so one of the girls is going to get some pretty ripe orange ones from thr market.

Shushh! Don’t tell Jon’ 🤣

Oh Boy! New things again! Maybe my old hippy seeds in the freezer for decades have a chance yet! Ethylene, whoda thunk?
I’m glad to see so many members are interested in this. I thought it was interesting and would make some great tests. CL🍀

I’m glad to see so many members are interested in this. I thought it was interesting and would make some great tests. CL🍀
Yep cheers CL in progress now though a little late. They’ve been in paper 2 days already. Its the lifetime stuff I’m after.

Papaya and Banana for a tropical flavour! Covers off in an hour.

Nick

IMG_9941.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom