InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Yep cheers CL in progress now though a little late. They’ve been in paper 2 days already. Its the lifetime stuff I’m after.

Papaya and Banana for a tropical flavour! Covers off in an hour.

Nick

IMG_9941.jpeg
:thumb: :goodluck: CL🍀

I had just buried some seeds when I read about the fruit gas. Of course I couldn't resist giving it a try, not for the price of a piece of fruit!

I chose Bosc pairs. My gut told me to cut them open.
Bosc pear with seedlings 1-7-24.jpg

The gas will be trapped under the dome to nuke the seedlings and I'll need to buy some 10 gallon pots!
Bosc pear with seedlings 1-7-24 (2).jpg

I had just buried some seeds when I read about the fruit gas. Of course I couldn't resist giving it a try, not for the price of a piece of fruit!

I chose Bosc pairs. My gut told me to cut them open.
Bosc pear with seedlings 1-7-24.jpg

The gas will be trapped under the dome to nuke the seedlings and I'll need to buy some 10 gallon pots!
Bosc pear with seedlings 1-7-24 (2).jpg
Aren't you the guy that likes to keep his plants on the smallish side? :laughtwo:

Aren't you the guy that likes to keep his plants on the smallish side? :laughtwo:
I like them short. They can get as big as they want! :Rasta:

Oh Boy! New things again! Maybe my old hippy seeds in the freezer for decades have a chance yet! Ethylene, whoda thunk?
Worth a shot! I have also read that soaking seeds in gibberellic acid (GA3) can help germinate old ones, but there seems to be a lot of discussion about what ppm is best for cannabis. Also, it can apparently make them really stretchy after they're born like it does when applied while they're growing:

full

These were about 12" tall before I started spraying them with GA3. :eek:

I’m glad to see so many members are interested in this. I thought it was interesting and would make some great tests. CL🍀
Thanks for posting that here Captain!
Its the lifetime stuff I’m after.
A lifetime is what we're all after. :thumb:
Well that's interesting for sure that a brief afflation with the ethylene will last the hole duration of the grow ,, It didn't say anything about older than usually seed sprout but hopefully it will help get them old ones going . Good for feeing this big ole hungry world too !
Feeding this big old hungry-for-1990s-Afgani-weed world!
I had just buried some seeds when I read about the fruit gas. Of course I couldn't resist giving it a try, not for the price of a piece of fruit! I chose Bosc pairs. My gut told me to cut them open. The gas will be trapped under the dome to nuke the seedlings and I'll need to buy some 10 gallon pots!
Interesting experiment! I'll be trying my version on the seeds before they go into the peat though. Bet it smells good in there though!

Worth a shot! I have also read that soaking seeds in gibberellic acid (GA3) can help germinate old ones, but there seems to be a lot of discussion about what ppm is best for cannabis. Also, it can apparently make them really stretchy after they're born like it does when applied while they're growing:

full

These were about 12" tall before I started spraying them with GA3. :eek:

Thanks for posting that here Captain!

A lifetime is what we're all after. :thumb:

Feeding this big old hungry-for-1990s-Afgani-weed world!

Interesting experiment! I'll be trying my version on the seeds before they go into the peat though. Bet it smells good in there though!
I wonder if it’ll make the most visited list for this week? I can’t wait to see all these tests done. Should be interesting for sure 👍. CL🍀. :goodluck:

I've had 30 year old seeds pop just fine several times. Old skunk bagseeds. Plants turned out great. Outside plants. Happy Monday friends and neighbors!! 😎✌️

Monday greetings all, and after you have checked out the stunner that Carcass has growing in his update here, this is what my tent looks like today!

Let's lead off with a couple of full tent pics, starting with the SaugaView®:

And closest I can get to a front view:

For the record, I rotate each plant 90º clockwise every morning.

Now let's get some feature shots of the three. Here is the Ruby Tuesday auto on day 53:

I've got the fan there to see if it will help with a serious PM issue I'm having on that one. Way more leaves than I would ever have outside and taking them isn't easy with so many inner branches that leave my hands completely sticky when I try to thin. Reaching in from underneath is neater so I'm doing that every morning and taking what I can.

Over on the left side of the tent, the Queen G auto on day 50:

Considering it's only 3 days behind the RTa, I'm guess this will be much longer in flower.

And finally, the QGa2 in the middle on day 42:

8 tops only, and I bend the branches in a bit every morning to keep them within the confines of the pot's edge.

I will probably take off those lowest flowers on each branch tomorrow.

I noticed yesterday that one of those branches was growing a double head:

Can't have that, so I picked one to keep:

That made it 8 tops for realsies. :)

And that wraps up the indoor autos! I hope you all had a great weekend. Here's to sunny days ahead. :cool:

Quotes:
I wonder if it’ll make the most visited list for this week?
Which, the original ethylene page I linked to?
I can’t wait to see all these tests done. Should be interesting for sure
I sure hope so! Nothing like a boring experiment. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I've had 30 year old seeds pop just fine several times. Old skunk bagseeds. Plants turned out great. Outside plants. Happy Monday friends and neighbors!!
Good to know Scottay! I will be trying the first one the way I do every other seed I've dropped, so popping just fine would suit me equally as fine. :thumb:

Monday greetings all, and after you have checked out the stunner that Carcass has growing in his update here, this is what my tent looks like today!

Now let's get some feature shots of the three. Here is the Ruby Tuesday auto on day 53:

I've got the fan there to see if it will help with a serious PM issue I'm having on that one. Way more leaves than I would ever have outside and taking them isn't easy with so many inner branches that leave my hands completely sticky when I try to thin. Reaching in from underneath is neater so I'm doing that every morning and taking what I can.

Considering it's only 3 days behind the RTa, I'm guess this will be much longer in flower.

8 tops only, and I bend the branches in a bit every morning to keep them within the confines of the pot's edge.

And that wraps up the indoor autos! I hope you all had a great weekend. Here's to sunny days ahead. :cool:

Quotes:

Good to know Scottay! I will be trying the first one the way I do every other seed I've dropped, so popping just fine would suit me equally as fine. :thumb:
they are looking good, i think you'll be breaking your record

Quotes:

Yeah the original ethylene one. But we can’t be having any boring tests that won’t do. Hope you’re having a good start to the week Shedster n crew. CL🍀. :thumb:

Thank you for a nice thorough and comprehensive update on the plants. I've wondered how they have been progressing. I think they look fabulous.

The QG2 is a noticeably deeper green than the QG1.

What do you mean you took the second head to keep? Are you going to root it?

I had double heads on both of my node 2 branches on my RR1 plant. They grew out nicely and that's the one that gave me my record auto harvest.

I did the 8 tops with my Chocodope and it's working out well for that plant. Usually I prefer to leave the side branches on even if they are stunted because those have given me decent bud and improve the overall harvest, but each plant needs a different approach I've found. 28 autos hey! I've a lot of catch up to reach that level of experience. I just did a count. I'm on number 10.

I hope you get that wpm beat!

Back
Top Bottom