InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

and coincidentally another member recently dropped off some early 1990s Afghani regs that I'm going to (eventually) try to germ. If I get any to grow and get a female, the plan is to clone it and make S1 seeds. Lots of ifs involved but a project is always fun. :)
Sign me up for some S1’s please!

One of my favourite book series is the Harry Bosch series by Michael Connolly. The TV series is pretty good.

His house in the show is a real house but totally true to the books, its almost a character. One day I’m going to stay a week or two in somewhere similar in LA.

The city spread out across the sky like a patient etherised on the table

IMG_9786.jpeg

Up above West Hollywood, love cities at night,

Highya ITS,

I wanted to stop by to wish you and your family and to all who pass through, Happy New Year. I hope you all have a healthful, love filled, and very contented 2024! Happy Smokin'

Sign me up for some S1’s please!
LOL planning ahead?
One of my favourite book series is the Harry Bosch series by Michael Connolly. The TV series is pretty good.
His house in the show is a real house but totally true to the books, its almost a character. One fay I’m going to stay a week or two in somewhere similar in LA.
The city spread out across the sky like a patient etherised on the table
Up above West Hollywood, love cities at night,
That view takes a bit more cash! The one you posted could have been from an apartment in Brentwood. :)
Happy New Year!
Thanks Caddie, and a bountiful and healthy 2024 to you too! 🥳
I wanted to stop by to wish you and your family and to all who pass through, Happy New Year. I hope you all have a healthful, love filled, and very contented 2024! Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode, and thanks for sticking around as one of the original subs to this journal! I hope 2024 brings you joy and happiness and an uneventful fall harvest! :thumb:

Happy New Year Shed and family!
Thanks Mark! In settings mine says "Your device should not be used with a diffuser..." so I dunno. The Photone app without a diffuser (with a diffuser it's barely 3400 lux):

Screenshot_20231231_151900_Photone.jpg

My lux meter:

20231231_152008.jpg

That's a difference of 16,000 lux, and I have to raise the phone about 10" closer to the light to get the readings the same.

As long as it works for most folks I'm happy, but I'll stick with my meter and online calculators to do my DLI (which is higher than it needs to be!).
Have you tried using the light meter to calibrate Photone? Mine was off too, but since calibrating they read the same.

Heya Shed!! Happy 2024 to you and everyone else!! Love this community! So helpful. Just wanna start out and say how much I appreciate all of you!! Let's have a wonderful green sticky year!! 😎✌️🎶

Happy new year Shed!! I like watching you grow. Hydro scares the shit outta me!!💯😂
Your plants have serious vigor!! I'm in for this.
Popcorn anybody!?!? It's infused Carmel with or without nuts. Rock and Roll buddy!! 😎✌️🎶

Here's the first update of 2024! I upcanned the Queen Q auto 2 into a 7 gallon pot yesterday (day 35), but I only got a pic of the roots:

The rootball held together well and I did a bit of breaking up the ones at the bottom edge. Anyway, here it is this morning on day 36 after I took all the huge lower fans off that were sitting on the soil:

Looks pretty unstressed to me which is good! And I'm calling this day 1 of flower as the pistils are starting to make their way out of the tops now.

Also on this one, I'm thinking of cutting off all lower growth and only having 8 branches. I've never done that before so it seems like something to try, and also because I might be running into space issues in a few weeks!

Finally, here is the latest look in the tent, which is a bit more crowded:

That's all from me so far this year. I hope your New Year's Eve was everything you'd hoped for and that the year is already treating you right! :surf:

Quotes:
Happy New Year Shed and family!
Thanks LKA! To you and yours as well. :)
Have you tried using the light meter to calibrate Photone? Mine was off too, but since calibrating they read the same.
I had not, so I went and did that! :thanks:

It now matches the lux meter, but when I change it to either PPFD or DLI I get numbers that are off the charts for some reason. It says that 42k lux is 1087 PPFD and 94 DLI at 24/0, both of which seem really high. If they're correct I can lower the wattage by a lot!
Happy New Year Shedster n Crew. Wishing you all the very best in the new year. CL🍀.
Thanks Captain, and my the new year bring you all the bagged fungus you could hope for. 🍄
Heya Shed!! Happy 2024 to you and everyone else!! Love this community! So helpful. Just wanna start out and say how much I appreciate all of you!! Let's have a wonderful green sticky year!!
Thank you Scottay! This place has always been a great place to hang out, and the community is only growing stronger with all the new faces.
Phone lux meter ? Cool shit there , i may need that Thanks ! LOL Mine say switch to night vision , damn you Moto
LOL might need to turn on a light! The Photone app is available in the Play and App store, so see how it works for you.

Here's the first update of 2024! I upcanned the Queen Q auto 2 into a 7 gallon pot yesterday (day 35), but I only got a pic of the roots:

The rootball held together well and I did a bit of breaking up the ones at the bottom edge. Anyway, here it is this morning on day 36 after I took all the huge lower fans off that were sitting on the soil:

Looks pretty unstressed to me which is good! And I'm calling this day 1 of flower as the pistils are starting to make their way out of the tops now.

Also on this one, I'm thinking of cutting off all lower growth and only having 8 branches. I've never done that before so it seems like something to try, and also because I might be running into space issues in a few weeks!

That's all from me so far this year. I hope your New Year's Eve was everything you'd hoped for and that the year is already treating you right! :surf:

Quotes:

It now matches the lux meter, but when I change it to either PPFD or DLI I get numbers that are off the charts for some reason. It says that 42k lux is 1087 PPFD and 94 DLI at 24/0, both of which seem really high. If they're correct I can lower the wattage by a lot!

Thanks Captain, and my the new year bring you all the bagged fungus you could hope for. 🍄

Thank you Scottay! This place has always been a great place to hang out, and the community is only growing stronger with all the new faces.

LOL might need to turn on a light! The Photone app is available in the Play and App store, so see how it works for you.
Looked like a seamless upcan which is something we all strive for. Lots of healthy looking 👀 roots 👍 nicely done Shedster 🦸. CL🍀. :thumb: :welldone:

Do you have the app set to full spectrum LED? My rough calculations give me 42K=933PPFD, still too high for 24/0 (80 DLI). At 24/0, you only need around 23k lux/500 PPFD to get 40-45 DLI.

Looked like a seamless upcan which is something we all strive for. Lots of healthy looking roots nicely done Shedster . CL🍀.
Thanks Captain! Once I learned the inverse sandcastle way of transplanting I've definitely seen less stress on upcans.
Do you have the app set to full spectrum LED? My rough calculations give me 42K=933PPFD, still too high for 24/0 (80 DLI). At 24/0, you only need around 23k lux/500 PPFD to get 40-45 DLI.
I think I tried full spectrum and blue/white to see if it made a difference, but I got basically the same numbers. I'm not sure I trust the app enough to drop all the way to 23k, but I might drop it to 30k from 42k now and see how they look. Thanks for running the calcs for me as well as the calibration suggestion!

Excellent job on the upcan, Shed- she looks like she didn't even notice..👍
I'm thinking of cutting off all lower growth and only having 8 branches.
That'll be interesting to watch if you decide to do it- I've thought about it, but haven't done it yet..

Quotes:

you make that up potting look easy i just did 2 of mine & 1 had a chunk of dirt fall off about 1/2 way up, but i think i know what i did wrong, the soil was a bit moist i should of waited a day

Excellent job on the upcan, Shed- she looks like she didn't even notice..
Love when that happens! Sometimes transplants don't like full sun immediately after but full LEDs seem to be no problem. :thumb:
That'll be interesting to watch if you decide to do it- I've thought about it, but haven't done it yet..
I'll do it for that reason alone. :high-five:
Looking really healthy.
Thanks Keith!
They are looking beautiful.
So far so good. :)
you make that up potting look easy i just did 2 of mine & 1 had a chunk of dirt fall off about 1/2 way up, but i think i know what i did wrong, the soil was a bit moist i should of waited a day
I do wait for the soil to be on the dry side, but if the dirt fell off that means the roots hadn't filled the pot enough to keep the soil together. Waiting more time before the upcan would have helped there.

Back
Top Bottom