InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Sorry I missed that tag about the CBD. I harvest my Candida at week 8 usually. Aim for cloudy, but don’t wait for ambers with CBD.
Is that personal preference or is there another reason? I've never heard of a harvest difference between thc and cbd plants. :hmmmm:

Is that personal preference or is there another reason? I've never heard of a harvest difference between thc and cbd plants. :hmmmm:
I am but a mere copycat of an old member Amy Gardner, who was my cbd guru. I’ll see if I can find some of her old posts as to the why’s and whatnots.

I am but a mere copycat of an old member Amy Gardner, who was my cbd guru. I’ll see if I can find some of her old posts as to the why’s and whatnots.
I do that. If I find a winning tree of knowledge I follow as a disciple and do exactly what they say without question. I am grateful that they have taken the time to science it for me lol! Amy knows her stuff!

So far in my search, these are two bits that I’ve found.
Myself and others following the oil threads (during the time we were all trying to find out about CBD harvests) will have for sure said ‘not late‘. This is based on some testing discussed on another forum by a CBD breeder - where they found CBD levels diminish once amber starts to appear
Earlier harvests can also contain higher quantities of secondary cannabinoids like CBCa. That and this recent rot event will lead me to always lean earlier.
But coming back to your question Azi, and looking over her old posts, I think she harvested this way regardless of CBD or THC. For some reason I’ve held on to this for the CBD more so than THC. 😵 I’ll keep sorting through and see if I can find anything specific to CBD, but it seems to have been just personal preference after all!

But coming back to your question Azi, and looking over her old posts, I think she harvested this way regardless of CBD or THC. For some reason I’ve held on to this for the CBD more so than THC. 😵 I’ll keep sorting through and see if I can find anything specific to CBD, but it seems to have been just personal preference after all!
Thank you! :thanks:

I know cbd-a is supposed to need higher temps than thc-a to fully decarb so it is different in that regard, but like Shed said, the cbd-a cannabinoid, unlike thc-a, doesn't seem to degrade into a totally different one, though I have read that it's difficult to keep cbd-a around as it will convert to cbd over time and seems to be less time than it takes thc-a to convert to cbn-a or thc to cbn.

Specifically, researchers have more trouble studying cbd-a since it readily converts to cbd and does so fairly quickly.

Toys, toys, toys in the attic...well grow lights for sure! I think I may have another MarsHydro single bar light up there, so I could run them side by side at half wattage for more even coverage. I'll have to climb up there and have a look.

Thank you Carmen! I'm getting that bigger pot feeling too, but I want to make sure the root ball will come out whole if I move it so it may be a little bit still. I didn't see any roots in the holes when I checked yesterday.
I always suspected but didn’t want to say anything. Lmao 😂 Just kidding Shedster 🦸. CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Plants need nitrogen all the way through flower, almost as much nitrogen as potassium, and very little phosphorus all the way through. And I make sure I'm not overfeeding them with N because I'm sticking to specific ppm numbers, just like folks bumping MC do according to their feed charts. My late flower mix maxes out at around 160ppm of nitrogen, which would be 6.3g/gallon of MC, but I'm nowhere near what that amount of MC would be for potassium at 210ppm or calcium at 133ppm because MC is not my only nutrient source.

I've posted these before, but this is a pdf with plant analysis charts and graphs (with full detailed lab analysis) done on the macro and micronutrients found in three different strains of cannabis plant during veg and flower.

The varieties and analysis are from 2003, but I don't think we have modified the plant in the last 17 years to the extent that the nutrient results would vary that greatly today. Here are screenshots of the first three graphs:

white rhino plant analysis.JPG

hash bud plant analysis.JPG

berlin plant analysis.JPG

Two out of three of them used more nitrogen in flower than in veg!
Muy interesante.
Thanks, Shed

But coming back to your question Azi, and looking over her old posts, I think she harvested this way regardless of CBD or THC. For some reason I’ve held on to this for the CBD more so than THC. I’ll keep sorting through and see if I can find anything specific to CBD, but it seems to have been just personal preference after all!
Thank you for going back to check! Personal preference always works. :)
I know cbd-a is supposed to need higher temps than thc-a to fully decarb so it is different in that regard,
That was what I read when I started looking into growing CBD, but it never proved true for me. I decarbed CBD at the same time and temps as THC and ended up with complete decarboxilation (0% CBDa) in two different tests.
but like Shed said, the cbd-a cannabinoid, unlike thc-a, doesn't seem to degrade into a totally different one, though I have read that it's difficult to keep cbd-a around as it will convert to cbd over time and seems to be less time than it takes thc-a to convert to cbn-a or thc to cbn. Specifically, researchers have more trouble studying cbd-a since it readily converts to cbd and does so fairly quickly.
I wonder if the CBDa is just converting to CBD as it ambers which is why no one mentions it.
I always suspected but didn’t want to say anything. Lmao Just kidding Shedster . CL🍀.
Suspected that I had lights, lights, lights in the attic? I wish I knew where my WEEGrow light is... :hmmmm:
Muy interesante. Thanks, Shed
Glad to help get that info into the hands of folks who can use it!

That was what I read when I started looking into growing CBD, but it never proved true for me. I decarbed CBD at the same time and temps as THC and ended up with complete decarboxilation (0% CBDa) in two different tests.
Hmmm. Interesting and good to know. :thanks: I think the original focus on that comes from the GW Pharma patent application where they stated different time and temps if I remember correctly.

I wonder if the CBDa is just converting to CBD as it ambers which is why no one mentions it.
Could be. THC/a degrades over time due to oxidation into something else so maybe that's the same thing happening there. Would make sense since they're basically the same molecule just with the parts arranged slightly differently, so I wouldn't expect the degradation process to be materially different.

Hmmm. Interesting and good to know.
The best part is I have the test results to prove it. :) [Nick has trouble seeing links so I'm trying to be conscientious by making them outlandishly obvious].
Could be. THC/a degrades over time due to oxidation into something else so maybe that's the same thing happening there. Would make sense since they're basically the same molecule just with the parts arranged slightly differently, so I wouldn't expect the degradation process to be materially different.
The process might be similar, but it's odd there's so much info on THCa degrading to CBNa and not a single thing on CBDa, especially given all the hemp grown worldwide.

Thank you for going back to check! Personal preference always works. :)

Suspected that I had lights, lights, lights in the attic? I wish I knew where my WEEGrow light is...:hmmmm:

Glad to help get that info into the hands of folks who can use it!
Lights? Umm no, toys 🧸? 🤔 hmm maybe? lol 😝 CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I know it's a day early for those in a lot of the world, but since we have friends visiting from time zones all across the globe I want make sure I'm in time to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!
:party:

And for my final update of 2023, here's a little news from the last couple of days.

I delarfed the Ruby Tuesday auto on day 43:

and the Queen G auto on day 40:

I also checked on the roots of the batch of Candida cuttings in perlite I took back on November 26th, and three of the seven had roots:

Three is really all I need (one for a mother plant and two to make seeds this spring when the tent is empty), so rather than put them all together in one solo cup (and split them later), they each got their own.

Here's how I plant:

Roots, dynomyco, soil:

A little soil, then the stem:

Fill the cup, water fully, and move on to the others. Here are the three:

They're inside on the heat mat for now, but once I see new roots growing I'll get them out into the sun and feed them full strength nutes.

I'll get some pics of the autos for the new year and might have upcanned the QGa2 by then, but in the meantime I hope you have a great new year's eve, and that 2024 brings love, joy, and bountiful harvests to each and every one of you.
:peace:

Excellent news on the roots. A good delarfing too. New year's greetings to everyone in the Shed tent.

🥳

I know it's a day early for those in a lot of the world, but since we have friends visiting from time zones all across the globe I want make sure I'm in time to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

And for my final update of 2023, here's a little news from the last couple of days.

I also checked on the roots of the batch of Candida cuttings in perlite I took back on November 26th, and three of the seven had roots:

Three is really all I need (one for a mother plant and two to make seeds this spring when the tent is empty), so rather than put them all together in one solo cup (and split them later), they each got their own.

Here's how I plant:

Roots, dynomyco, soil:

They're inside on the heat mat for now, but once I see new roots growing I'll get them out into the sun and feed them full strength nutes.

I'll get some pics of the autos for the new year and might have upcanned the QGa2 by then, but in the meantime I hope you have a great new year's eve, and that 2024 brings love, joy, and bountiful harvests to each and every one of you.
Way to go shed Happy New Year to you too brother.

Here's how I plant:

Roots, dynomyco, soil:

Happy New Years Shed hope you & the Fam have a good one, nice roots

Back
Top Bottom