InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

The tent is consistently in the mid to high 70s and RH from 55-65%.

Its different now you’re indoors and meh its VPD.

IMG_9615.jpeg

A note on the numbers - I used 78% because its the year of my birth because “mid to high” implied higher than 77.5 to me.

I took 60% as half way between the range you gave - but is this lights on range?

The leaf temp - sorry ai forgot what is was when you tested so I left at the default.

Anyway 1.1 ooph I mean 1.2 is held to be perfect but with a relatively low power light - mention this only because the lower PPFD level might bottle neck any growth?

So yeah seems all gravy baby!

Here’s the link to the online calculator I used. Pretty sure its OK to link to - its a non sponsor manufacturer but relevant.

I’ll do an Excel of the same and put it somewhere free someday. Maybe this week. Normally I have a guy do complicated Excel stuff for me free, but rather not get him interested in why I need a VPD calculator! He’ll look up what its used for 🤣 This is pretty simple maths though.

Calculator is great for you Imperial measurement folk - thought you’d shaken off the British yoke of oppression, yet still using F and Oz’s 🤣

The Calculator

Summation,

All looking great on the environment, and the plants Shed, who knew you had it in you!

A Skin&Eyes™ Platinum Level grower - Mr Shed!

😂

Nick

I'm surely open to suggestions since I've already got one of these topped conventionally!
I was over the "we can't do certain things with autos" mentality.
You can transplant,top,train and on most plants you can do full feedings.

If you have enough of a head-stash it may be fun to experiment? I've been having fun with my little auto experiments.

Lol. Just realized that my autos are in the same stage when I either reverse or top. Those first few internodal calyx show and it's party time!!

If you have enough of a head-stash it may be fun to experiment? I've been having fun with my little auto experiments.

Lol. Just realized that my autos are in the same stage when I either reverse or top. Those first few internodal calyx show and it's party time!!

I’ve got two arrived mislabelled as photos and looked in the tent with all the plants and was like “What, wait! There’s buds!” Never trained nor topped in 0.75 gallon pots they look mighty fine. 70 and 60cm Panty Punch and OG Kush - they look like little Christmas Trees! The perfect start to the new year in a couple of weeks when we chop them and haven’t even flipped the photos we popped the same time!

Outdoors here too - its 12/12 sunlight near enough year round so Autos are ideal for outdoor with the right strains.

“Aces in places” perhaps?

Nick

Queen G auto 2 topping update of a Wednesday on day 30! I had a short confab with VG offline at the same time as she was posting this:
So here is where I started this morning:

It's pretty tight node spacing in there, and VG said it might be a good idea to just leave 4 nodes. I agreed, figuring that it would make it easier to keep narrow to fit the space, and I already have a QGa topped and trained wide right next to it. So this is what came off:

It wasn't easy for me to take that much off but what the heck, this plant wasn't even supposed to be there! Here it is after the cut, leaving a nice double H stump:

Then I got out some pipe cleaners and tied down the tallest nodes:

And with such a clean top, I put it in water:

I have it on the north-facing windowsill in the kitchen and I'll throw it out when it dies. :)

And before anyone points out the clawed leaves, this plant does indeed seem to be sensitive to N, so I diluted down my 4.5g/gallon mix before I watered it this morning.

Hope you got a light to add to the ones not getting enough
Thanks sb! I dug out a long 23lb box from the attic, which turned out to be a @Mars Hydro SP 6500 from early 2021. It's spec'd at 650w (it only goes to 640 according to my Kill-a-watt meter) with a big honking driver:

The driver says it maxes out at 600w so go figure! :hmmmm:

Anyway, it's got a dimmer on the side which will take it down to 61w:

And it's pretty damn bright, not that you can tell here:

Anyway, after finding out what was in there I'm now a bit conflicted about what to do. I am really using the heat from the SP250 driver to keep the tent warm, and if I run the two side by side I don't think I'll get the heat I need. When I get home tonight I'll take out the SP250, hang the SP6500 at the top of the tent and keep the driver in there with it, and see how much heat it puts out. Stay tuned!

More quotes:
Sorry I missed that tag about the CBD. I harvest my Candida at week 8 usually. Aim for cloudy, but don’t wait for ambers with CBD.
You've been busy recovering! Thanks for circling back. :Namaste:
Autos looking great Shed, your best auto run yet!
Thanks double H, mos def. :thumb:
Nicely done Shed. Those looks decently sized. Rooting for a fat bunch of nuggs in a few weeks.
Thank you Lerugged, and I'm hoping to do Justin proud with these.
Yea one does look like a Sativa the wat its shooting around /up .
I don't mind having a few nice sativas around. :)
Its different now you’re indoors and meh its VPD.
A note on the numbers - I used 78% because its the year of my birth because “mid to high” implied higher than 77.5 to me.
I took 60% as half way between the range you gave - but is this lights on range?
The leaf temp - sorry ai forgot what is was when you tested so I left at the default.
Anyway 1.1 ooph I mean 1.2 is held to be perfect but with a relatively low power light - mention this only because the lower PPFD level might bottle neck any growth?
So yeah seems all gravy baby!
Here’s the link to the online calculator I used. Pretty sure its OK to link to - its a non sponsor manufacturer but relevant.
I’ll do an Excel of the same and put it somewhere free someday. Maybe this week. Normally I have a guy do complicated Excel stuff for me free, but rather not get him interested in why I need a VPD calculator! He’ll look up what its used for This is pretty simple maths though.
Calculator is great for you Imperial measurement folk - thought you’d shaken off the British yoke of oppression, yet still using F and Oz’s
The Calculator
Summation,
All looking great on the environment, and the plants Shed, who knew you had it in you!
A Skin&Eyes™ Platinum Level grower - Mr Shed!
First, LOL! Second, thanks! Third, leaf temps are around air temps (77-79ºF) so your numbers are right. Fourth, lights are on 24/0. And fifth, I don't control RH so it's all luck!
Outdoors here too - its 12/12 sunlight near enough year round so Autos are ideal for outdoor with the right strains.
“Aces in places” perhaps?
Autos will do much better with more light unless yours are getting direct sunlight enough of the day to max out their DLI.

I love it, hoping that top grows roots for ya! You have seen, it occasionally happens.
Way back in her ancestral beginnings (3 years ago) a relative of this Queen G auto grew roots from a top. It’s in her blood to fight 😜

My Queen (same age) broke under intense aggressive training so now she has a bit of a lean. Repaired and unique and will be fine now. I blame myself 😂

I love it, hoping that top grows roots for ya! You have seen, it occasionally happens.
Way back in her ancestral beginnings (3 years ago) a relative of this Queen G auto grew roots from a top. It’s in her blood to fight .
I may put it on the heat mat to give it a better chance now that I know there even is a chance. :)
My Queen (same age) broke under intense aggressive training so now she has a bit of a lean. Repaired and unique and will be fine now. I blame myself
Oof on the aggressive training but I'm sure everything will turn out better than expected!

Queen G auto 2 topping update of a Wednesday on day 30! I had a short confab with VG offline at the same time as she was posting this:

It's pretty tight node spacing in there, and VG said it might be a good idea to just leave 4 nodes. I agreed, figuring that it would make it easier to keep narrow to fit the space, and I already have a QGa topped and trained wide right next to it. So this is what came off:

It wasn't easy for me to take that much off but what the heck, this plant wasn't even supposed to be there! Here it is after the cut, leaving a nice double H stump:

I have it on the north-facing windowsill in the kitchen and I'll throw it out when it dies. :)

And before anyone points out the clawed leaves, this plant does indeed seem to be sensitive to N, so I diluted down my 4.5g/gallon mix before I watered it this morning.

Thanks sb! I dug out a long 23lb box from the attic, which turned out to be a @Mars Hydro SP 6500 from early 2021. It's spec'd at 650w (it only goes to 640 according to my Kill-a-watt meter) with a big honking driver:

Anyway, after finding out what was in there I'm now a bit conflicted about what to do. I am really using the heat from the SP250 driver to keep the tent warm, and if I run the two side by side I don't think I'll get the heat I need. When I get home tonight I'll take out the SP250, hang the SP6500 at the top of the tent and keep the driver in there with it, and see how much heat it puts out. Stay tuned!

More quotes:

First, LOL! Second, thanks! Third, leaf temps are around air temps (77-79ºF) your numbers are right. Fourth, lights are on 24/0. And fifth, I don't control RH so it's all luck!

Autos will do much better with more light unless yours are getting direct sunlight enough of the day to max out their DLI.
Holy crap Shed!!! She's gonna be a beast!! Can't wait to see what happens with the big one and tiny Tina there!! Happy hump Day buddy!! 😎✌️

And fifth, I don't control RH so it's all luck!
Seems like you don't need to - if you did I’m sure your body’s largest organ, your skin would let you know you’d have a warm bowl of water in there…
yours are getting direct sunlight enough of the day to max out their DLI.
We do alright on the sunlight front here most off the year! Chiang Mai where they grow the most weed here is at altitude mostly as well. Think I posted some pictures of 5000 autos outdoor here somewhere. Stocky bushy things but 5000 of them and no lights or electricity required 4 times a year they're a good bet!

Holy crap Shed!!! She's gonna be a beast!! Can't wait to see what happens with the big one and tiny Tina there!! Happy hump Day buddy!!
Thanks Scottay! I hope all is well with you as we wind down the year. :thumb:
Seems like you don't need to - if you did I’m sure your body’s largest organ, your skin would let you know you’d have a warm bowl of water in there…
So far so good, though things may change if I start changing the lighting situation. 🤞
We do alright on the sunlight front here most off the year! Chiang Mai where they grow the most weed here is at altitude mostly as well. Think I posted some pictures of 5000 autos outdoor here somewhere. Stocky bushy things but 5000 of them and no lights or electricity required 4 times a year they're a good bet!
Growing outside in an unobstructed field is a little different in terms of sun hours than growing on the balcony of a house, but I'm sure on some level you already know that. ;)

I have it on the north-facing windowsill in the kitchen and I'll throw it out when it dies.
You don't need it to grow, so of course, it will.....you'll probably be jarring it up when it dies...😁

Once you’re over that it’s on like Donkey Kong!!

More quotes:

First, LOL! Second, thanks! Third, leaf temps are around air temps (77-79ºF) so your numbers are right. Fourth, lights are on 24/0. And fifth, I don't control RH so it's all luck!

Interesting light switch…

Cheeky bugger!
Mebs. :battingeyelashes:
Yeah of course - I’m bizarrely trying to promote the versatility of Autos, although 2.6g off a balcony
Truly bizarre!
You don't need it to grow, so of course, it will.....you'll probably be jarring it up when it dies...
Har! We'll see. :popcorn:
Once you’re over that it’s on like Donkey Kong!!
Certainly is at your house!
Interesting light switch…
I haven't had time to do it yet but it's on the agenda for tonight so I can monitor the temps in the tent after the switch. I'll report back tomorrow with good news I hope.

Back
Top Bottom