InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Come to think of it, maybe I'll see if I can recover this one with a root prune and fresh FFHF! The next experiment perhaps? I wonder if GDB and stardawg approve...
Aye yai yai! 🫤

Oh thanks! I didn't know if you meant you flipped them or they just started pushing pistils (like mine do) even at non-flowering light timings.

Definitely stable genetics you've got there!
Thanks again n check your email 📧 CL🍀

How about a Saturday update?

Root pruning day on the rootbound solo cup Candida, on day 217 in that container, so let's take a look at the process.

Here are the roots:

Chop #1:

Chop # 2, 3, 4, and 5:

Fill the bottom of the cup with soil (FFHF):

Fill in the sides:

After a bit of root coring with barbecue skewer and watering, the result:

I'll keep it on the desk for the rest of today and tomorrow and put it back in the sun on Monday. We'll see!

In other news, I was over in @West Hippie's mother thread and asked about his temp gun, and then went and bought one of my own. Here are some things I learned...

Here is the air temp:

And the surface temp of the clay:

Here is the temp of the shady side of the pot:

And the sunny side:

And finally, the leaf temps:

By the way, to all you jealous folks in the cold, it's still 60º in my house at 2pm. :eek:

I hope you're all having a great weekend and thanks for stopping by! :peace:

How about a Saturday update?

Root pruning day on the rootbound solo cup Candida, on day 217 in that container, so let's take a look at the process.

Here are the roots:

Chop #1:

Chop # 2, 3, 4, and 5:

Fill the bottom of the cup with soil (FFHF):

Fill in the sides:

After a bit of root coring with barbecue skewer and watering, the result:

I'll keep it on the desk for the rest of today and tomorrow and put it back in the sun on Monday. We'll see!

In other news, I was over in @West Hippie's mother thread and asked about his temp gun, and then went and bought one of my own. Here are somethings I learned...

Here is the air temp:

And the surface temp of the clay:

Here is the temp of the shady side of the pot:

And the sunny side:

And finally, the leaf temps:

By the way, to all you jealous folks in the cold, it's still 60º in my house at 2pm. :eek:

I hope you're all having a great weekend and thanks for stopping by! :peace:
Ok bro you better watch it with the bad juju, remember last time you laughed at us unfortunate few. Just kidding everything is looking 👀 good @InTheShed I see. Hoping you and yours are having a great weekend. CL🍀

About 150 days, and the solo cup girl will be a year old...if she survives her tune-up today... 😬
I'm sure she'll do just fine, all the others have.... but that root pruning is brutal.!:oops:

Ok bro you better watch it with the bad juju, remember last time you laughed at us unfortunate few. Just kidding everything is looking good @InTheShed I see. Hoping you and yours are having a great weekend. CL
Thanks Captain, and if I believed in juju I'd be somebody else completely! :cheesygrinsmiley:
About 150 days, and the solo cup girl will be a year old...if she survives her tune-up today...
I'm sure she'll do just fine, all the others have.... but that root pruning is brutal.!
If indeed! Last root prune I did in a solo cup turned out fine, but the plant was in much better shape to begin with.

Well, I see my opinion matters little in this thread. So I'm not gonna' answer any more questions that are posted here! 🫤

But getting past the salvage operation and on to the temp. gun! That is really something!

I would point that thing at my drying (hanging) plants and track the temps along the way. I'd soon learn the ideal temp at which to bag 'em up.

Do you think that would work, or does it need more surface area to measure?

Well, I see my opinion matters little in this thread. So I'm not gonna' answer any more questions that are posted here!
Your opinion matters a lot GDB, but mine mattered a little more. :love:
But getting past the salvage operation and on to the temp. gun! That is really something!
I would point that thing at my drying (hanging) plants and track the temps along the way. I'd soon learn the ideal temp at which to bag 'em up.
Do you think that would work, or does it need more surface area to measure?
I think for a smaller measurements you just need to be closer to the object. At around 12" away it measures a 1" spot. If you're interested it was an Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 for about $20 on Amazon.
Yikes!!!!!!!
Experiments are one of the benefits of extra clones!

Your opinion matters a lot GDB, but mine mattered a little more. :love:
My opinion was an attempt at humor, but then my emoji failed to display!

To be sure, I know opinions are like aholes, everybody has one! :)

My opinion was an attempt at humor, but then my emoji failed to display!
To be sure, I know opinions are like aholes, everybody has one!
Sorry, I thought you might have actually been sad. And some aholes are more worthy. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Great job with the root cutting Shed, that plant seems to be responding well. The variation of temperatures is interesting to get a handle on with that reader you've got, wow 120F on the other side!
Thanks Stunger, and it's really no wonder why I never have roots growing through the cloth bag like indoor folks do. :)

Sorry, I thought you might have actually been sad. And some aholes are more worthy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Stunger, and it's really no wonder why I never have roots growing through the cloth bag like indoor folks do. :)
I like your temp-gun better than mine, mine only reads C and I have to ask Siri for the F equivalent. As we both know it’s also great for water temps. lol CL🍀

That's weird. Were you targeted with a "Buy Canadian" campaign?

Oh, I haven't even tried that yet! I will see what my nutes read after sitting out all night. Probably gobs of dissolved O2 in there at 40º! :thumb:
It’s from a Chinese company and was a perk through my insurance. Best of all it was free. CL🍀

Thanks for the root pruning tutorial. Are you going to leave all that dead stuff up top or trim it off?

Back
Top Bottom