InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Today's news and trichome pics are HERE!

yeah no prob, just looking at the way its trimmed lolly popping ? and guessing you can't do that to autos because of the stress and time to recover
You might be able to lollipop once the plant starts flowering since doing it before might stress the plant into flowering early. That said, most folks growing autos don't exactly know how big their plants will end up, so taking a lot off the bottom might not be as productive. Some autos barely stretch in flower and others more than double in size.

I don't grow autos anymore but the Le Creme CBG seeds came with a notice that 20% were autoflowers, which is why I dropped two. Luckily I got one photo from that pair, and one early harvest for testing!
Please end its suffering
Thanks stardawg...two votes to end the experiment. Noted!

Here's a Wednesday update, with two days of mostly sunny skies in a row! Even so, I took pics of the winter two in the tent because they're a little easier to see without the high contrast outside.

Amnesia Lemon Kush on the left, Le Creme CBG
As always, your plants look great!
I don't know if it got sunburned when the inside growth was exposed from the trim, or it didn't like all those sunless days living near a 23w CFL, or it's just reached the end of its rope, but I'm thinking of calling this one complete (for @Regrowth if he returns). There is still some green on it that theoretically might be able to get cloned if I had to. Anyone want me to wait for it to completely succumb before calling it done? WIll I be able to keep some green on it for an entire year? Let me know your thoughts in the comment box below. 👇
It looks pretty done, unless you really want/need it to live. I read once where someone recommended for such extreme recovery attempts to remove the plant with roots from the soil under water and to then give the roots a mild H2O2 soak/rinse. I don't recall for how long but I'd imagine a couple of minutes would do it, and then replant as best you can, and cross the fingers of both hands.
Finally for the midweek news, here are some trichome shots of the Le Creme CBG auto on day 70:
Lovely trichome shot
That's it for me. I hope your weather is sunny regardless of temps and that your plants make you smile. :)
Thanks Shed, and yes they do too. :)

Shed, do you want to save the Candida solo cup clone?

I don't have any mothers going right now since I'm going to have to take everything down after the quick grow I'm doing now, but, I've always kept mothers as Bonsais in very small (4") containers.

When you keep them in there for that long, they get rootbound and the roots can't absorb the nutrients. When maintaining Bonsais, you should periodically (1-2 times per year) do some root pruning.

If you did want to save it, I'd cut out all the dead stuff, cut back the branches that are still alive, do a good root trimming, and replace in some fresh soil.

If it's run its course for you, it's a lot quicker & easier to throw in the compost pile, but I've seen plants like that rejuvenated before!

Thanks stardawg...two votes to end the experiment. Noted!
Well, ending it would be easy but what I would attempt would be to up pot and treat it like normal just to see if it could recover!!! Just to see what it does!! :ciao:

As always, your plants look great!
Thanks Stunger! I'm sure they'll be yellowing later in flower though...it's like my trademark. :)
It looks pretty done, unless you really want/need it to live. I read once where someone recommended for such extreme recovery attempts to remove the plant with roots from the soil under water and to then give the roots a mild H2O2 soak/rinse. I don't recall for how long but I'd imagine a couple of minutes would do it, and then replant as best you can, and cross the fingers of both hands.
It was an experiment at @Regrowth's suggestion to see how long I could keep it alive in the solo cup with no modification. I'd say last time it looked healthy was back around 190 days, so that would be the outside time frame. That said, it does have green on it so maybe I can cut it back to the green and see if it will regrow from there!
Lovely trichome shot
Thanks, they're always fun to have a gander at. 👀
Thanks Shed, and yes they do too.
Excellent!
Shed, do you want to save the Candida solo cup clone?
I don't have any mothers going right now since I'm going to have to take everything down after the quick grow I'm doing now, but, I've always kept mothers as Bonsais in very small containers.
When you keep them in there for that long, they get rootbound and the roots can't absorb the nutrients. When maintaining Bonsais, you should periodically (1-2 times per year) do some root pruning.
If you did want to save it, I'd cut out all the dead stuff, cut back the branches that are still alive, do a good root trimming, and replace in some fresh soil.
If it's run its course for you, it's a lot quicker & easier to throw in the compost pile, but I've seen plants like that rejuvenated before!
I truly have no use for it (as I mentioned above) but your suggestions are all spot on! I do have a mother Candida that I replace about every 6-8 months so I don't have to bother with root-pruning and replanting, though that does work perfectly every time. :high-five:

Come to think of it, maybe I'll see if I can recover this one with a root prune and fresh FFHF! The next experiment perhaps? I wonder if GDB and stardawg approve... :hmmmm:
Well, ending it would be easy but what I would attempt would be to up pot and treat it like normal just to see if it could recover!!! Just to see what it does!!
There's another good suggestion! Though I don't have enough room for another 1 gallon pot at the moment. Too many plants/cuttings on the desk at the moment. :(

I truly have no use for it (as I mentioned above) but your suggestions are all spot on! I do have a mother Candida that I replace about every 6-8 months so I don't have to bother with root-pruning and replanting, though that does work perfectly every time. :high-five:

Come to think of it, maybe I'll see if I can recover this one with a root prune and fresh FFHF! The next experiment perhaps? I wonder if GDB and stardawg approve... :hmmmm:
I've always said that this article changed my life when it comes to maintaining multiple mothers in a small space:

You can see a photo montage of him reviving a neglected mother ;)

I don't have enough room for another 1 gallon pot at the moment.
Oh, I keep forgetting about this "Inside" stuff - I should get a pic of the poor little things I have sitting in the window sill of my shop....Sorry, "The Gym".... 4 seedlings, not even sure how old they are now...We've had about 4 days of sun in the last month and it probably doesn't even get over 17C and much colder at night. None of them have got a second set of real leaves yet. They might be close to a month old now. Pretty leggy, 3 inches, all stem.

Oh, I keep forgetting about this "Inside" stuff - I should get a pic of the poor little things I have sitting in the window sill of my shop....Sorry, "The Gym".... 4 seedlings, not even sure how old they are now...We've had about 4 days of sun in the last month and it probably doesn't even get over 17C and much colder at night. None of them have got a second set of real leaves yet. They might be close to a month old now. Pretty leggy, 3 inches, all stem.
Get a pic and post it here! Sounds like a good stress test no matter what.

At the moment I've got that bound up solo cup clone, the ALK and LeC clones, two perlite cups with ALK and LeC cuttings from the lollipop, and two perlite cups with Candida cuttings from the mother in the 1 gallon pot that has to sit on the floor!

Highya ITS,

Sounds like you're up to hip boots in projects/experiments! Great to keep things interesting! Only if it's fun, try to revive the solo cup plant! Certainly looks promising.
Love those trichome shots! Lots of cloudy trichomes. Some still clear, but no amber. I usually see some amber with that many cloudy ones. Yeah, I'd say 10 days would be a good window to harvest. Happy Smokin'

Sounds like you're up to hip boots in projects/experiments! Great to keep things interesting! Only if it's fun, try to revive the solo cup plant! Certainly looks promising.
"Only if it's fun" should be my motto. :thumb:
Love those trichome shots! Lots of cloudy trichomes. Some still clear, but no amber. I usually see some amber with that many cloudy ones. Yeah, I'd say 10 days would be a good window to harvest.
Thanks Bode! I saw a tiny bit of sugar leaf amber on a few shots but nothing that looked remotely interesting yet. Chris took his down at 80 days so that's 10 days anyway. :)

Here's a Wednesday update, with two days of mostly sunny skies in a row! Even so, I took pics of the winter two in the tent because they're a little easier to see without the high contrast outside.

Amnesia Lemon Kush on the left, Le Creme CBG on the right:

SaugaView®:

No pistils yet on the ALK:

Or the LeC:

Moving outside, remember the Candida clone experiment in the solo cup? It looked like this after a haircut back in December on day 188 in there:

full

It's been getting worse since then. Here it was this morning after 214 days in the solo cup:

And the roots:

I don't know if it got sunburned when the inside growth was exposed from the trim, or it didn't like all those sunless days living near a 23w CFL, or it's just reached the end of its rope, but I'm thinking of calling this one complete (for @Regrowth if he returns). There is still some green on it that theoretically might be able to get cloned if I had to. Anyone want me to wait for it to completely succumb before calling it done? WIll I be able to keep some green on it for an entire year? Let me know your thoughts in the comment box below. 👇

Finally for the midweek news, here are some trichome shots of the Le Creme CBG auto on day 70:

I'm thinking 10 days. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's it for me. I hope your weather is sunny regardless of temps and that your plants make you smile. :)

Quotes:

And the train tracks don't have folks living on them. :eek:

Really? I was both fascinated with the iterations and jealous of his talents!
I was a Welder/ Fabricator before I was a Driver and he didn’t impress me at all. I would’ve had that train with a passenger car + authentic whistle to freak out the neighborhood. Lmfao 🤪 CL🍀

I was a Welder/ Fabricator before I was a Driver and he didn’t impress me at all. I would’ve had that train with a passenger car + authentic whistle to freak out the neighborhood. Lmfao 🤪 CL🍀
I studied engineering for two years in college before I realized I would never get to drive a train with that degree! :confused:

I studied engineering for two years in college before I realized I would never get to drive a train with that degree! :confused:
Just curious they do let you drive other motorized modes of transportation right? lol CL🍀

Get a pic and post it here! Sounds like a good stress test no matter what.
Well, here ya go!!! Poor lil' fellas!!!! :thedoubletake: I see they have the second set of leaves starting!!!:thumb:
DSCF5129.JPG

These are seeds I threw in my worm bins. They didn't do anything because it was too cold so I moved everything over to the top of my water furnace reservoir and these guys popped!!! They are probably about a month old - they are just for shits n giggles. If they look like they will do anything I'm going to try turning some male to try to get feminized seed later

Well, here ya go!!! Poor lil' fellas!!!! I see they have the second set of leaves starting!!!
These are seeds I threw in my worm bins. They didn't do anything because it was too cold so I moved everything over to the top of my water furnace reservoir and these guys popped!!! They are probably about a month old - they are just for shits n giggles. If they look like they will do anything I'm going to try turning some male to try to get feminized seed later
Thanks greenjeans. Should be warming up any day now ;) so they'll probably outgrow those cups by late March sometime! Do you know what variety they are if you're thinking of crosses?

Back
Top Bottom