InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Why do you think that the warmer temperatures makes the growth explode? I would’ve thought the more oxygen molecules would be more beneficial and find it interesting it’s not the case. CL🍀
I’ve got plenty oxygen in there . It’s coming from my air stones .

Monday update, and it's supercropped!

The Amnesia Lemon Kush is getting its stretch on (flip day 8 today), so this weekend I did a bit of supercropping, both to keep it level and add a few tops in the middle where it's sparse.

For those who haven't read my supercrop thread, it's here:

It explains what it does and lays out some cool things it can accomplish besides having a flat canopy. Check it out!

Let's take a look at what I did. Here is a bend I did on one of the tallest outer branches:

I bent it in toward the middle into a gap where there was nothing below it. Here it is from another angle:

You can see the paperclip I used to keep the top from popping back up (there's a hard-to-see small binder clip at the bottom for added weight). That clip will get moved further out as the branch grows until the growth further down gets established, and then I'll let them all grow up together.

Here's another bend I did, near the top:

That had been the tallest branch and now it's level with the rest.

I bent another outer branch into an open space, but it didn't bend far enough in, so I've tied it to a lower node to keep it in place:

Here you can see that bend in relation to the rest of the plant:

And here is the side view where you can see I still have a few more bends to make:

Not to be left out of the update, Le Creme CBG:

And finally for the day, the high and low temps on the floor of the tent between 4pm and 8am:

It had gotten down to 59º on Saturday night, so I put the oil heater next to the tent on the side where the intake fan is on top, and that gave me an extra 5º. I'm okay there.

That's it for me! Happy start to the week...let's make it a good one. :high-five:

Quotes:
So what is the ideal water temp for feeding? (BTW, I'm going to need to borrow someone's temp gun.)
That's the 68-70º question!
Between 68-70 anything over 73 can lead to pathogens (root rot).
Thanks CL! I'm sure I've watered using warmer water, that would be outside in summer in a cloth pot, so root rot wouldn't be an issue there.
Also if you’re growing outside and it’s summer temps you never want to water them in the afternoon you can cause shock to the roots if it’s colder water.
I'm going to start paying closer attention to temperatures now!
You can always use just a regular thermometer and be old school
Oh sure, I guess you could...
And how about rooting in water based cloners, have you found ideal temps there?
I'll let the hydro master take that one:
I run an aquarium heater in my cloner 78f plus Z7 and Hydroguard is added to keep the pathogens down . I’ve done clones at 72f also and see none are any quicker than the other at these temperatures. I have a cloner going now top signature and it’s ran 78f the whole time . We found out the little warmer water at 73f makes them explode in growth .
:thanks:
Why do you think that the warmer temperatures makes the growth explode? I would’ve thought the more oxygen molecules would be more beneficial and find it interesting it’s not the case.
And back to WH:
I’ve got plenty oxygen in there . It’s coming from my air stones .
:thumb:
Thanks Shed , I know some vine plants will grow shoots from the root .
"Examples of plants that can be propagated from root cuttings include raspberry, blackberry, rose, trumpet vine, phlox, crabapple, fig, lilac, and sumac."
I almost bought a temp gun and had to tell self to hold off a bit LOL
I would definitely keep banking that money so when growing is legal you can spend it there! :green_heart:

Monday update, and it's supercropped!

The Amnesia Lemon Kush is getting its stretch on (flip day 8 today), so this weekend I did a bit of supercropping, both to keep it level and add a few tops in the middle where it's sparse.

For those who haven't read my supercrop thread, it's here:

It explains what it does and lays out some cool things it can accomplish besides having a flat canopy. Check it out!

Let's take a look at what I did. Here is a bend I did on one of the tallest outer branches:

I bent it in toward the middle into a gap where there was nothing below it. Here it is from another angle:

You can see the paperclip I used to keep the top from popping back up (there's a hard-to-see small binder clip at the bottom for added weight). That clip will get moved further out as the branch grows until the growth further down gets established, and then I'll let them all grow up together.

Here's another bend I did, near the top:

That had been the tallest branch and now it's level with the rest.

I bent another outer branch into an open space, but it didn't bend far enough in, so I've tied it to a lower node to keep it in place:

Here you can see that bend in relation to the rest of the plant:

And here is the side view where you can see I still have a few more bends to make:

Not to be left out of the update, Le Creme CBG:

And finally for the day, the high and low temps on the floor of the tent between 4pm and 8am:

It had gotten down to 59º on Saturday night, so I put the oil heater next to the tent on the side where the intake fan is on top, and that gave me an extra 5º. I'm okay there.

That's it for me! Happy start to the week...let's make it a good one. :high-five:

Quotes:

That's the 68-70º question!

Thanks CL! I'm sure I've watered using warmer water, that would be outside in summer in a cloth pot, so root rot wouldn't be an issue there.

I'm going to start paying closer attention to temperatures now!

Oh sure, I guess you could...

I'll let the hydro master take that one:

:thanks:

And back to WH:

"Examples of plants that can be propagated from root cuttings include raspberry, blackberry, rose, trumpet vine, phlox, crabapple, fig, lilac, and sumac."

I would definitely keep banking that money so when growing is legal you can spend it there! :green_heart:
Whatever you’re doing seems to be doing a great job bro. I’ll be be keeping an eye 👁️ out on your progress and making mental notes. CL 🍀 :thumb:

Thank You, Shed!- great Supercropping tutorial/review.:thumb:

Looking good shed...and thanks for another great tutorial

How late in flower can you do super cropping? I've got some branches that are starting to run up faster than the others.

Thanks stardawg! I try not to supercrop anything once stretch is over.
Unfortunately, that's the only time ive had to supercrop due to height is after the stretch, works better after stretch, then mid/late bloom imo. Only do it to keep a level canopy.
Hard to predict the stretch on the first seed run.
Cheers bud

I waas amazed to see how those new growth poiints sprouted from the sc branch. Next time I try it I'd like to ask for guidance so that I can maximize my output please. Masterful work Shed.

Gotta supercrop! And when it's right it's a big plus! Thanks!
:ciao:
Unfortunately, that's the only time ive had to supercrop due to height is after the stretch, works better after stretch, then mid/late bloom imo. Only do it to keep a level canopy.
Hard to predict the stretch on the first seed run.
I don't supercrop after stretch is over, but by then you will know which are the leaders that need to be bent! You're bending them over during the actual flowering stage? I only see bud height gained at that point rather than stem length.
I am glad ur doing another SC I read the read again .. was just starting to try and get into , then realized i only had autos .
LOL! Supercropping autos is not often recommended.
I waas amazed to see how those new growth poiints sprouted from the sc branch. Next time I try it I'd like to ask for guidance so that I can maximize my output please. Masterful work Shed.
Thanks Carmen! Supercropping autos is not often recommended, though your bent one will probably do just fine.

I’m really loving the structure of your plants InTheShed! Awesome supercropping demo as well, great stuff!
Thanks him! When I had more time and space I used to really go to town and see how many tops I could create. 59 is my record I believe (and POTM back in 2018):

full

Thanks him! When I had more time and space I used to really go to town and see how many tops I could create. 59 is my record I believe (and POTM back in 2018):

full
20230124_193343.jpg

That's very impressive! Well done shed
:high-five:looks like you missed one.lol..who's counting when theres that many tops. lol

Wow, Shed! That’s some great LST at work. I’ve learned so much from your posts, and mostly I lurk, and never say much. But I can’t let this one go. LOL

full
That’s insane, how much did she yield? You are a Master/ Journeyman Shed. CL🍀 :bravo: :cheer::thumb:

That is an absolute beauty!!! Just wow! I’m in awe
Thanks him! I used to spend a lot of time training my plants. :)
That's very impressive! Well done shed
looks like you missed one.lol..who's counting when theres that many tops. lol
LOLOL...thanks GG! I must have considered that one to be a layer down. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Wow, Shed! That’s some great LST at work. I’ve learned so much from your posts, and mostly I lurk, and never say much. But I can’t let this one go. LOL
Thanks for stopping by Pink!
That’s insane, how much did she yield? You are a Master/ Journeyman Shed. CL
Journeyman for sure Captain, thank you! That one came in at 6.3 ounces, so not the biggest harvest of my five generations of AK-47 clones. Definitely the prettiest though. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom