InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks Stunger! I'm sure they'll be yellowing later in flower though...it's like my trademark. :)

It was an experiment at @Regrowth's suggestion to see how long I could keep it alive in the solo cup with no modification. I'd say last time it looked healthy was back around 190 days, so that would be the outside time frame. That said, it does have green on it so maybe I can cut it back to the green and see if it will regrow from there!

Thanks, they're always fun to have a gander at. 👀

Excellent!

I truly have no use for it (as I mentioned above) but your suggestions are all spot on! I do have a mother Candida that I replace about every 6-8 months so I don't have to bother with root-pruning and replanting, though that does work perfectly every time. :high-five:

Come to think of it, maybe I'll see if I can recover this one with a root prune and fresh FFHF! The next experiment perhaps? I wonder if GDB and stardawg approve... :hmmmm:

There's another good suggestion! Though I don't have enough room for another 1 gallon pot at the moment. Too many plants/cuttings on the desk at the moment. :(
Don't let her die. Guenni pig it! Lmao

Here are mine.
I've not watered them for a couple of days at times.
They have never had dark cups over rhe roots
Starved them
Had very sporadic lighting and darkness periods thanks to loadshedding
Had spider mites ravage them
Had then under poor cfl lighting
I'd say this was a good stress test for genetics. She won't hermie. Great stable genetics to breed with.
20230121_100723.jpg
20230121_100717.jpg
20230121_100706.jpg
Damn , Shed can you beat that LMAO !

Is gonna work... I have zero doubt.
I love your confidence!
Happy Sunday Shed and friends
Thanks Carmen. I hope your Monday is coming in smoothly!
Don't let her die. Guenni pig it! Lmao
Har, will do Mark!
You’re just busy busy busy. Happy Sunday and day of rest Shed.
Thank you Nev. The sun is heading down here and the plants are tucked in the tent!
Damn , Shed can you beat that LMAO !
I couldn't even get close. :)
I got a Q , if you plant those roots will it grow a plant ?
I can't tell you why but 100% sure it won't. Some will though:

"Root cuttings are used to propagate plants that naturally produce suckers (new shoots) from their roots. Root cuttings can be used to propagate a range of herbaceous perennials in late autumn or early winter when the plants are dormant."
Source

And of special interest to @CaptainLucky, here is the temperature of my nute bottles this morning:

When it's watering day, I pour out 16 ounces, microwave that for 2 minutes, and pour it back in the bottle. Next time I do that I'll remeasure the temp and see how far it goes up (now that it's easy to do)!

Nah. As CL ☘️ will tell you (repeatedly in different threads if necessary), cooler water holds more oxygen:
"Did you know that water at 68 degrees has 10 times more oxygen molecules than at 73 degrees."
Source

:laugh:
Ok so I was just really amazed by the difference in O2 between water temps. And I personally experienced root rot from my own lack of info so like my Uncle Shed I wanted to share wealth. lol CL🍀

Ok so I was just really amazed by the difference in O2 between water temps. And I personally experienced root rot from my own lack of info so like my Uncle Shed I wanted to share wealth. lol CL🍀
So what is the ideal water temp for feeding?

(BTW, I'm going to need to borrow someone's temp gun.)

And how about rooting in water based cloners, have you found ideal temps there?
I haven’t had any experience with them but it would seem probable at the same temps seeing that’s the highest O2 temperature. But that’s just speculation as I have no experience with them. CL🍀

And how about rooting in water based cloners, have you found ideal temps there?
I run an aquarium heater in my cloner 78f plus Z7 and Hydroguard is added to keep the pathogens down . I’ve done clones at 72f also and see none are any quicker than the other at these temperatures. I have a cloner going now top signature and it’s ran 78f the whole time . We found out the little warmer water at 73f makes them explode in growth .

I run an aquarium heater in my cloner 78f plus Z7 and Hydroguard is added to keep the pathogens down . I’ve done clones at 72f also and see none are any quicker than the other at these temperatures. I have a cloner going now top signature and it’s ran 78f the whole time . We found out the little warmer water at 73f makes them explode in growth .
Why do you think that the warmer temperatures makes the growth explode? I would’ve thought the more oxygen molecules would be more beneficial and find it interesting it’s not the case. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom