InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks Mark! Pulled 300g of great CBD flower off that plant.

Nothing, I was just making more Sour G seeds, and you've already grown out a couple. :thumb:
And I tell you what what a wonderful exciting strain that is! I can't wait to see what the buds look like on this next batch. And you are very welcome my brother and I am very grateful!

What that little CBG auto lacks in size she makes up for in frost (if that's even possible)!:Rasta:

Rainy days are Monday today, so here is an update from yesterday when there was a bit of sun in the morning!

As I previously mentioned, it was time to thin the winter grow in prep for flipping next weekend. And since I try to stay true to my word, I present...

Amnesia Lemon Kush (day 59) before thinning:

And after:

Le Creme CBG (day 60) before thinning:

And after:

You may be thinking that they are both denser in the middle than my usual pre-flip lollipop method, and you'd be correct! I left on quite a few interior branches that I'll take for clones next weekend. I had neither time nor space to do that yesterday before it got dark and cold and wet.

If both top cuts have good roots by then I'll just toss the ones I take off, and if not I'll stick them in perlite so they can hang out with the Candida cups.

I turned the MarsHydro SP250 up to 180w and set the tops around 39,000 lux since they'll be inside most of the week.

That's it from rainy SoCal, and I hope your week is off to a great start.
:green_heart:
Another brink of flip for you Shed and they look stellar! Come on sunshine!

And I tell you what what a wonderful exciting strain that is! I can't wait to see what the buds look like on this next batch. And you are very welcome my brother and I am very grateful!
Yours turned out frostier than any of mine did! :thumb:
Oh yeah grower beware of dead skunk!! Lmao pew wee!! They are stinky little boogers!! But in a good way!
LOL! Gotta love that skunk smell. 🦨
What that little CBG auto lacks in size she makes up for in frost (if that's even possible)!
Thanks GDB! It got frosty early and kept it up. So far so good with that little thing but I hope I don't mess it up putting it in a box this weekend. :nervous-guy:
Another brink of flip for you Shed and they look stellar! Come on sunshine!
Thank you Otter! We've got bright overcast today so they're soaking up what they can before the rains come back. But it looks pretty good for a while after Monday:

sdfasdf.JPG

Looking good Shed
Thanky Carmen!

Yours turned out frostier than any of mine did! :thumb:

LOL! Gotta love that skunk smell. 🦨

Thanks GDB! It got frosty early and kept it up. So far so good with that little thing but I hope I don't mess it up putting it in a box this weekend. :nervous-guy:

Thank you Otter! We've got bright overcast today so they're soaking up what they can before the rains come back. But it looks pretty good for a while after Monday:

sdfasdf.JPG

Thanky Carmen!
Well I'm glad I made you proud brother we'll see what this next go around looks like maybe I can get Sheds buds to come out a little thicker if her buds look like broken asses anyway. I'm kind of anxious to see how your buds turn out figuring you came off broken ass I want to see if her butts came out that way because of me we going to find out

Very rainy today so we're all inside with the heat on. I set up the box with the blurple MarsHydro 300 for the Le Creme CBG auto (in prep for flipping the photos tonight), but I wanted to get a Saturday update in to see what y'all think about the new growth on them.

New growth on the Le Crem CBG photo:

And the Amnesia Lemon Kush:

They're both a bit droopy because they just got watered this morning, but the skinny curled yellow look to the top growth makes me hesitant to flip until I know the cause.

I'm wondering if they just aren't fond of the light since they're both doing it. I did increase the watts to 180 earlier in the week but I also raised the light maintain lux in the high 30s. This is much more of an indoor grow for me and I don't have a lot of experience growing in this tent full time.

I was planning on raising the light to the top and increasing the wattage again because the light will only be on 12 hours/day now.

Should I flip tonight and not worry about it since they'll be getting sun for much of the next two weeks? Should I raise the light to lower the lux and wait to see how they respond? Should I raise the light and raise the wattage to keep the same lux? Something else?

All thoughts appreciated, and I hope your weekend is progressing smoothly.

:ciao:

Very rainy today so we're all inside with the heat on. I set up the box with the blurple MarsHydro 300 for the Le Creme CBG auto (in prep for flipping the photos tonight), but I wanted to get a Saturday update in to see what y'all think about the new growth on them.

They're both a bit droopy because they just got watered this morning, but the skinny curled yellow look to the top growth makes me hesitant to flip until I know the cause.

I'm wondering if they just aren't fond of the light since they're both doing it. I did increase the watts to 180 earlier in the week but I also raised the light maintain lux in the high 30s. This is much more of an indoor grow for me and I don't have a lot of experience growing in this tent full time.

I was planning on raising the light to the top and increasing the wattage again because the light will only be on 12 hours/day now.

Should I flip tonight and not worry about it since they'll be getting sun for much of the next two weeks? Should I raise the light to lower the lux and wait to see how they respond? Should I raise the light and raise the wattage to keep the same lux? Something else?

Yeah, when new growth is yellowing, it's usually either too much light or possibly an iron deficiency. I'd raise the lights and see how they respond.

Those thin leafed plants can be finicky Shed. Light, temp, feeding changes may be, but I always try one thing at a time. Maybe a couple sunny warm days and they'll kick in.

Yeah, when new growth is yellowing, it's usually either too much light or possibly an iron deficiency. I'd raise the lights and see how they respond.
Thanks Mr Krip! I've bumped it 210w and pulled the light up to lower the lux to 35,000, and I'll see how they look after 12 hours of dark. Flip is on. 🙃
Those thin leafed plants can be finicky Shed. Light, temp, feeding changes may be, but I always try one thing at a time. Maybe a couple sunny warm days and they'll kick in.
Thank you Otter, I should be able to put together a couple of sunny and warm(er) days this week! 😎

That looks like a reaction to the temps generated by the lights. So yeah, I think I'd try raising them a bit.

But I agree with Stone, a few days outside in the sun will probably fix 'em (and may even enable them to better handle the heat indoors if you leave the light where it is).

That looks like a reaction to the temps generated by the lights. So yeah, I think I'd try raising them a bit.
But I agree with Stone, a few days outside in the sun will probably fix 'em (and may even enable them to better handle the heat indoors if you leave the light where it is).
Thanks GDB! I'm not sure it's heat-related since the light stays cool and only the driver gets warm. It's about 75º in there with the flap closed.

But there is a funny reaction that I've seen plants have when they're close to LEDs, even if the lux are on the lower end. It's like the intensity is there even when the brightness is not. I saw it happen with marcus' Sour G's when they were younger.

It's tough for me to gauge since these plants may spend 48 hours in the tent, out in direct sun for 7, and then back in the tent for another 48. With this week's break in the rain I should have a better chance to see what they'd look like under my normal growing schedule. They'll only be under the MarsHydro SP250 from about 4-8pm when the dark starts, for a while anyway...who knows what Mother Nature has in store for later!

Could be a lack of root zone oxygen, especially if it happened after watering
Thanks Chef and :welcome: back after what certainly seems like a bit of an absence!

My watering practices haven't changed, which is to say I dump a lot of water on the top and it gets absorbed by the soil. I'll keep the light higher and water the same and see if it gets better, or if it happens again when they're out in the sun next week. Always collecting data here, one variable at a time. :)

My plants look to have the same issue so my curiosity is piqued. My lights don't have dimmers...I just have 4 of them. I went from 2-4 and you can see plant 1 (sensor in center of plants) jumped up from 40K to 50K. The first jump for plant 2 was moving the sensor from the tent wall where it was reading about 17K to the center where it's also now about 50K.

1673760997787.png

Looks like I'll be spending MLK day raising my lights. I'll have the plants out of the tent already spraying for those pesky stink bugs.

My plants look to have the same issue so my curiosity is piqued. My lights don't have dimmers...I just have 4 of them. I went from 2-4 and you can see plant 1 (sensor in center of plants) jumped up from 40K to 50K. The first jump for plant 2 was moving the sensor from the tent wall where it was reading about 17K to the center where it's also now about 50K.
Looks like I'll be spending MLK day raising my lights. I'll have the plants out of the tent already spraying for those pesky stink bugs.
Always happy to have my plants suffer for the greater good! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom