InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks Dutch!

LOL!

It was indeed, and that increases my success rate for top clones! Thanks Nev, and I'm liking your intuition. :)

Thanks Captain!

We'll wait... 📷

Har! An excellent analogy. :welldone:

Thanks Nick! A mother room sounds like a bit more work than you put in today, but a week sounds like a better timeline. I usually only have a Candida mother around, but if this CBG thing lives up to any of its promise then this may be a mother plant in the future.
Mother room probably a bit strong. I have a $100 320W Samsung 201B light, a 4x4 tent with a swing fan and inline already. But its connected to wall socket timers already. Its really just an hour of prep. Its kinda spare already with upgrades. More a repurposing. But think probably would hold 3-4 mothers ok? Not too expensive on electricity on that light.

Well done on the top clone Shed!
Thanks Carmen! I must have timed the domes just right on this one.
Happy Top Cloning , I hope she does her thing right up to the end
Thank you sb! Once we see what CBG can do we'll know if that end is near or far. :)
Mother room probably a bit strong. I have a $100 320W Samsung 201B light, a 4x4 tent with a swing fan and inline already. But its connected to wall socket timers already. Its really just an hour of prep. Its kinda spare already with upgrades. More a repurposing.
Oh, so it's an hour!
But think probably would hold 3-4 mothers ok? Not too expensive on electricity on that light.
A 4x4 could probably hold at least 16 mother plants if you needed the space, unless you're pulling many many clones at once.

Thanks Jack and nice to see you back on the site! I hope the new year is treating you well and all your plants are towering spears as usual. :)
Same goes for ya fam I can't wait to see the jungle goin again won't be long now !!!!

Rainy days are Monday today, so here is an update from yesterday when there was a bit of sun in the morning!

As I previously mentioned, it was time to thin the winter grow in prep for flipping next weekend. And since I try to stay true to my word, I present...

Amnesia Lemon Kush (day 59) before thinning:

And after:

Le Creme CBG (day 60) before thinning:

And after:

You may be thinking that they are both denser in the middle than my usual pre-flip lollipop method, and you'd be correct! I left on quite a few interior branches that I'll take for clones next weekend. I had neither time nor space to do that yesterday before it got dark and cold and wet.

If both top cuts have good roots by then I'll just toss the ones I take off, and if not I'll stick them in perlite so they can hang out with the Candida cups.

I turned the MarsHydro SP250 up to 180w and set the tops around 39,000 lux since they'll be inside most of the week.

That's it from rainy SoCal, and I hope your week is off to a great start.
:green_heart:

I’m liking the ALK. She looks to have lots of pretty green new growth from the photo.
When do you flip? Personally I’m ready but I don’t want things to get out a line with the planned schedule.

They're looking really healthy, you are doing great for winter time!
Thanks Stunger! I knew we'd be getting grey skies and rain, but I was hoping for a bit more sun. Maybe by the time the flowers arrive we'll be done with nothing but atmospheric rivers. ☀️
I’m liking the ALK. She looks to have lots of pretty green new growth from the photo.
Thank you Nev, and I'm expecting more stuff up top after thinning!
When do you flip? Personally I’m ready but I don’t want things to get out a line with the planned schedule.
I usually flip close to 100 days but I don't have room for that with two in the tent. If you can hang on for a bit, flip will be around 66 days for these two (Saturday night),

My god, reading some of this thread again is making me seriously miss growing. I had an unpleasant separation/divorce a couple years back and spidy senses started tingling. I had to break everything down and get rid of everything and it turns out I was correct in doing so. As much as it litterally felt like chopping off my own arm, I got out of the hobby completely. Looks like my state is pushing to legalize now with an 8 plant allowance. When/if that happens, I may do pure hemp to squish out some CBD. Possibly an indica or two for pain relief gummies. Good to read your thread again Shed.

You fancy a house swap/farm swap let me know! Haven’t been SoCal for nearly 30 years and would love to go again.
But then what do we do about the plants when I kill all yours in an hour of newbie?
If you can keep your collection of plants alive you can certainly manage my two! First thing I'd do at your house is turn the entire operation over to your wife. :thumb:
My god, reading some of this thread again is making me seriously miss growing. I had an unpleasant separation/divorce a couple years back and spidy senses started tingling. I had to break everything down and get rid of everything and it turns out I was correct in doing so. As much as it litterally felt like chopping off my own arm, I got out of the hobby completely. Looks like my state is pushing to legalize now with an 8 plant allowance. When/if that happens, I may do pure hemp to squish out some CBD. Possibly an indica or two for pain relief gummies. Good to read your thread again Shed.
Hey Scott, long time no see! I'm sorry to hear about your relationship troubles and the break from growing. :( I sure hope your state gets moving on the 8 plant allowance front ("best allowance ever...thanks Dad!") so you can scratch that growing itch.

Squishing CBD for rosin sounds like a great idea so I'm crossing my fingers for you to be able to get back on the cultivation wagon and post it all here! :ciao:

Wednesday update where we get another look at the Le Creme CBG auto, now on day 63.

Here is the plant this morning before it moved outside for some overcast brightness but temps in the high 50s. I have to take whatever solar rays I can get these days!

Here are those two top flowers that I try to pull apart once a day:

And the lowest branch:

If this one is anything like Chris' it should be done in a little over two weeks. We'll see!

In desk news, last night there were no roots showing on the Amnesia Lemon Kush top cutting, 8 hours later there were two. One up here:

And one down here:

Those suckers move fast! The LeC top already has roots coming out of the holes in the bottom. And since it looks like I won't need what I snip off this weekend before I flip, maybe I'll just take some to give away when they root.

That's the story? That's the story!

:ciao:

Wednesday update where we get another look at the Le Creme CBG auto, now on day 63.

Here is the plant this morning before it moved outside for some overcast brightness but temps in the high 50s. I have to take whatever solar rays I can get these days!

Here are those two top flowers that I try to pull apart once a day:

And the lowest branch:

If this one is anything like Chris' it should be done in a little over two weeks. We'll see!

In desk news, last night there were no roots showing on the Amnesia Lemon Kush top cutting, 8 hours later there were two. One up here:

And one down here:

Those suckers move fast! The LeC top already has roots coming out of the holes in the bottom. And since it looks like I won't need what I snip off this weekend before I flip, maybe I'll just take some to give away when they root.

That's the story? That's the story!

:ciao:
Very nice, Brother! :high-five:

Is that Le Creme CBG in a #10?

I'll do a regular update later today, but I wanted to talk about something that I do that I'm not sure I've mentioned before, and someone might find it helpful.

After I transplanted the Candida into the 7 gallon pot on Monday I gave it a gallon of water. In the 1 gallon pot it would get about 1/3 of a gallon, but I wanted the water to soak down to the bottom where the new soil was, as well as watering in a ring about 2" beyond the circumference of the original pot.

A gallon of water is a lot for a 1 gallon rootball, but less than I would give a full grown plant in 7 gallon pots. I didn't want to saturate the entire 7 gallons because there are no roots to use it yet, and it could lead to a sad plant.

When I came home last night (3 days after the watering), the plant looked like this:

Why? Because it's still a 1 gallon plant drinking only the water that was in the original 1 gallon mass. The roots haven't grown to where the rest of the water sits and waits, so it's completely dry in 3 days as if it had never been transplanted.

So I watered it! But I didn't water the whole pot or even a 2" ring beyond the original edge. I watered just the middle as if I was watering the 1 gallon pot (with ~1/3rd gallon). That's the only part of the soil that was dry, so that's the only part I watered. All the rest of the water that I poured in on Monday is still sitting there waiting for roots.

Had I watered more than that I would be adding to the moisture in the soil that still has no roots in it, increasing the possibility of wet feet, low oxygen, and root rot.

Here it is this morning:

I do the same thing when I go from solo cups to 1 gallon pots!

I hope that made sense and might help someone with their watering after transplant. Carry on with what you were doing. :slide:
Damn man that's a beauty..

I have been so unable to spend time here it's seriously bugging me. And I apologize for falling behind on what's going on in the journals I sub...I am aiming to catch up tonight with a bit of luck.

I didn't want to wait to update here until I was so far behind that it was too much to do, so here is the Monday news.

Spouts on day 13, with Purple Urkle still leading the way:

SaugaView®:

Candida on Friday:
full

Candida this morning:

I'll wait two weeks or so and flip in in the shed with the Jack Herer 1.1.

Here are some pistil shots of the Sour G this morning. Yes, they are browning and shriveling a bit but it took a few days so I won't believe there will be seeds until there are actual seeds!

Pistils brushed with pollen:

Pistils and sacs on the STS-sprayed plant:

Remember last spring when I had Black Phoebe babies tucked above the door to the shed? Well I've got a new crop, and from the position of this one I can tell that their parents have taught them the first rule of nature: don't shit where you eat:

That's it for me today. I hope your week is off to a good start and your gardens are thriving! :ciao:

Quotes:

Thanks Jon! You can't have a jar but stop by for clones. :thumb:

Thank you Bode...but I don't trust browning pistils as a sign of anything after last year with the Candida!

So much going on I was having trouble remembering it all as I made the list. :) Thanks double H!

Once you get a seed to sprout you don't seem to be doing anything wrong. :thumb:

Thanks GSB! And good to hear this ↓

:bravo:

Very busy here. :eek: I'm hoping things will calm down a bit by week's end. Thanks sb!
So what are you going to turn the sour g into? I mean what r u cross with?

Back
Top Bottom