InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Oh newty was a cool character! I enjoyed her grows.
She's now Director of Cultivation at a commercial grow op in eastern Canada! I never doubted it for a minute. #knewherwhen
Looks like shed awake. But on other half world time
3 minutes to midnight, so it was almost bedtime!
I think I was 572 pages back. Regardless of how caught up I get, I pretended to by starting at the end and moving up.
Despite my time away from here, ashamed of how behind I had gotten, knowing only I would never catch up again, I am showing face again and this face is
I think if I live to be 187 and I grow until the day of my departure from this 420 world, I may be like 1/8th of the grower you are.
Always just so impressed. So much amazing stuff here, always. Thank you!!
Damn Krissi, never feel the need to catch up here ever! "Jump in any time" is what it says on the door, and it's true.

And honestly I am not anything special when it comes to growing and never claim to be. I have some of the same problems that new growers face with pests and nute issues (caused by substrate pH shift in my case - @MrSauga wants me to give FF soil a go to see if I can live in the green zone sprout to harvest). What I've done is learn to work within the parameters of my growing style to get the best harvests I can. And seek out the best and brightest to learn from of course!

...I don't get over to IG very much at all, but when I do, I like to watch a few of Newty's vids...so glad she found a position in the industry,as I know that was her goal/dream...our friend from Texas, keeps rockin' it too... ;) , as do many former alumni...six more weeks here in the sun, and by the look of things back home, I may be able to get a few runs in on the slopes when we return...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k... :hookah: ...

...I don't get over to IG very much at all, but when I do, I like to watch a few of Newty's vids...so glad she found a position in the industry,as I know that was her goal/dream...our friend from Texas, keeps rockin' it too... , as do many former alumni...six more weeks here in the sun, and by the look of things back home, I may be able to get a few runs in on the slopes when we return...cheerz... ...h00k... ...
Always good to find the missing. Sun and skiing? Sounds like a day in California. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Tuesday mini-update!

This first pic is for @BeezLuiz so he can update the ShedGrow spreadsheet. Here is the post-stretch measurement of the Doug's Varin on flip day 26:

I don't know if you want to call that 38" (the flower on the far left is a bit taller than the one by the tape measure) or 37" because that's about where the foliage ends and the top pistils begin. The day 1 pic is here at 30.5".

And while we're looking at the DV, here is a flower pic from this morning, flip day 27:

I've been spraying the underside of the plant with 2:9 70% iso/water because there are some aphids living under there. Still testing that dilution so no conclusions, but I haven't found the need to spray the tops yet. I did hit a few leaves with the citric acid spray for PM though.

Last for the day comes with a little story:

I think I've mentioned that I have a small satsuma tree in my backyard. Satsumas are loose-skin mandarin oranges, so you can easily peel the peel away from the fruit when it's ripe. It's mostly seedless, but apparently can have a few seeds if a flower is pollinated by bees. I guess a bee took a liking to a flower because I found two seeds in one that I picked back in early January (they ripen in late December).

I dropped them in a shot glass of water and left them on the kitchen windowsill for about 2 or 3 weeks, and then on Jan 31st I decided to plant them in a solo cup of ProMix HP, wet the soil, put a dome on it, and stick it on the heat mat.

I usually ignore it, but when I think of it I air it out and check for mold growing on the surface. When I did that this morning, I spotted this:

:yahoo:

Out into the sun it went, and in 8 years it should bear fruit. See you in 2030 for that update! :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's so cool. I wish I could grow citrus around here! It'd have to stay in a planter however, and be moved indoors at fall. Hmmmmm

DV's throwing on her frost coat, and looking great!

Out into the sun it went, and in 8 years it should bear fruit. See you in 2030 for that update! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Calendar's marked, I'll be waiting :Rasta:

Tuesday mini-update!

This first pic is for @BeezLuiz so he can update the ShedGrow spreadsheet. Here is the post-stretch measurement of the Doug's Varin on flip day 26:

I don't know if you want to call that 38" (the flower on the far left is a bit taller than the one by the tape measure) or 37" because that's about where the foliage ends and the top pistils begin. The day 1 pic is here at 30.5".

And while we're looking at the DV, here is a flower pic from this morning, flip day 27:

I've been spraying the underside of the plant with 2:9 70% iso/water because there are some aphids living under there. Still testing that dilution so no conclusions, but I haven't found the need to spray the tops yet. I did hit a few leaves with the citric acid spray for PM though.

Last for the day comes with a little story:

I think I've mentioned that I have a small satsuma tree in my backyard. Satsumas are loose-skin mandarin oranges, so you can easily peel the peel away from the fruit when it's ripe. It's mostly seedless, but apparently can have a few seeds if a flower is pollinated by bees. I guess a bee took a liking to a flower because I found two seeds in one that I picked back in early January (they ripen in late December).

I dropped them in a shot glass of water and left them on the kitchen windowsill for about 2 or 3 weeks, and then on Jan 31st I decided to plant them in a solo cup of ProMix HP, wet the soil, put a dome on it, and stick it on the heat mat.

I usually ignore it, but when I think of it I air it out and check for mold growing on the surface. When I did that this morning, I spotted this:

:yahoo:

I hate u shed. Lmao. Jk. Ur a growers for sure bro. Green arm.

Your Doug has some really serious leaf frost going on! See you in 7 years for some easy peeling delicious citrus!
Thanks Otter! And it's 8 years according to the internet, but you are welcome to stop by in 7 and see how the tree is doing. :thumb:
That's so cool. I wish I could grow citrus around here! It'd have to stay in a planter however, and be moved indoors at fall. Hmmmmm
Sounds like a citrus winter grow tent is in your future Rex!
DV's throwing on her frost coat, and looking great!
Thanks!
Calendar's marked, I'll be waiting
:slide:
I hate u shed. Lmao. Jk. Ur a growers for sure bro. Green arm.
LOL thanks 7D! It's easy to grow big plants outside. Growing small ones is really difficult!

Thanks Otter! And it's 8 years according to the internet, but you are welcome to stop by in 7 and see how the tree is doing. :thumb:

Sounds like a citrus winter grow tent is in your future Rex!

Thanks!

:slide:

LOL thanks 7D! It's easy to grow big plants outside. Growing small ones is really difficult!
Lmao. Yeah it's hard to watch grow for sure .

And while we're looking at the DV
I got that Déjà vu thing going on. Eewww. I can swear I’ve already been here.o_O
And yes I’m loving the sparkles.

So now that you have sparkles on the DV, the lemon tree is bearing and the satsuma in seedling stage when do you get the pineapple up and running? Your like the baron of yum yum down there.:high-five:

This first pic is for @BeezLuiz so he can update the ShedGrow spreadsheet.
How's this? :cool:
Shed Growth.jpg

Lmao. Yeah it's hard to watch grow for sure .
You get used to it. Or you don't!
I got that Déjà vu thing going on. Eewww. I can swear I’ve already been here. And yes I’m loving the sparkles.
Thanks Nev! I am surprised by the trichs on the leaves already. I may have to reconsider the trimming method if those stay sparkly like that!
So now that you have sparkles on the DV, the lemon tree is bearing and the satsuma in seedling stage when do you get the pineapple up and running?
I've got about 10 pineapple plants going at the moment, only one with a pineapple on it though. Pic tomorrow if I remember!
Your like the baron of yum yum down there.
LOL! The Baron of Yum Yum...maybe I should add that to my sig. :cheesygrinsmiley:
How's this?
That, my good man, is both excellent and greatly appreciated! :adore:

Since @Nev asked, here (in the background of an on-topic pic) is my collection of larger pineapple plants, which will serve as the Wednesday update:

The Sour G clones front left will be used for STS seed-making (and one for a mother in case I don't get seeds), and the Doug's Varin clones just became more important as @Weed Seeds Express no longer has DV seeds available. Oof! :eek:

The pineapple plants are all descendants of a single Maui Gold that I brought back from Maui about 10 years ago. They're incredibly sweet, and the ones that ripen in the winter have to be left to get completely yellow on the plant (as seen in the pic). I have another two in small pots and a couple of tops I'm getting ready to root.

Oh, and I top-dressed the Lemon clone with iron this past weekend to see if it will help with the yellowing.

I hope the week is going well for you and the sun is out in your life if not your skies. :peace:

Quotes:
Baron of Yum Yum
is the best title of all!
LOL I dunno Otter. Seems like it ought to be bestowed on a pastry chef!
Damn that was funny ! Looking Good and the mandarin orange I can do without just don't seem to hit the button with me , But i see the one you have is from Japan pretty sure ones around here aren't ? Baron of Yum Yum Oh yes !
If oranges oren't your thing then satsumas won't do it for you either. But we love them and eat them right off the tree in December and January. All gone now. :)

All hail the Baron of Yum Yum! Just did a quick skim, Shed. I'm not sure where things are in your weed journey except for the DV, which is looking very sparkly and beautiful despite the little bits of pm and some aphids. Both your plant and VG's are looking stunning as always. Nice to catch up on the latest chat. Greetings and good wishes to all.

The Sour G clones front left will be used for STS seed-making (and one for a mother in case I don't get seeds), and the Doug's Varin clones just became more important as @Weed Seeds Express no longer has DV seeds available. Oof! :eek:
And here's what I was wondering :)
good timing

Back
Top Bottom