InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

First of all...boo to that! It's going to suck compared to a stone. Ask me how I know! I know, semi-dramatic but truth hurts sometimes. Protect your pizza making ego and get a stone. I mean cooooome on...stone...stoners...should I go on?!
I'm sure it's not going to be as good as using a stone! And I've learned that using a stone isn't as good as using a steel. :) If I'm going to go through the trouble of making pizza dough on a regular basis, I can probably justify spending a bit more for a baking steel.
Also, I must admit that I don't use an oven for mine. Gravity fed smoker that can turn into a blazing oven at over 700°! Worth it!
Now we get the truth! But I will not be buying a gravity fed smoker. :cheesygrinsmiley:
What he said ^^^ I do have some expanded metal pizza teals ..
I thought I'd be baking sourdough bread more often than I do, but I'm glad I bought the cast iron dutch oven for when I do. I'm sure I'll feel the same way about a steel if home made pizza is in my future.
Sounds like someone needs to go back to the city. That big city and I’m not talking Chicago. I know I’d like to go back and have a slice.
I do need to go back to the city, but not for the pizza. I need to clean out and close up my parents' apartment (and my childhood home). I've been waiting for the pandemic to end and things go back to some sort of normal before I do though. Hopefully later this year.

Of course, while I'm there I'll probably have a slice. :thumb:

In other news Snoopy has fallen off the dog house . And passed out due to over smoking his doggy bowl
Lmao afternoon Shed
Ooookay! :laugh:
Have you done pizza in a cast iron frying pan? It's delicious but the pan is a little heavy.
:ciao: Boo! I haven't made pizza in anything yet and don't have anything cast iron except my dutch oven for sourdough bread. And that would be a very small pizza to try to make at the bottom of it!

Ooookay! :laugh:

:ciao: Boo! I haven't made pizza in anything yet and don't have anything cast iron except my dutch oven for sourdough bread. And that would be a very small pizza to try to make at the bottom of it!
Yeah had to mess with snoopy. He on tv at the time. Lmao. And fell off .

I'm sure it's not going to be as good as using a stone! And I've learned that using a stone isn't as good as using a steel. :) If I'm going to go through the trouble of making pizza dough on a regular basis, I can probably justify spending a bit more for a baking steel.

Now we get the truth! But I will not be buying a gravity fed smoker. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I thought I'd be baking sourdough bread more often than I do, but I'm glad I bought the cast iron dutch oven for when I do. I'm sure I'll feel the same way about a steel if home made pizza is in my future.

I do need to go back to the city, but not for the pizza. I need to clean out and close up my parents' apartment (and my childhood home). I've been waiting for the pandemic to end and things go back to some sort of normal before I do though. Hopefully later this year.

Of course, while I'm there I'll probably have a slice. :thumb:
Ever tried an Ooni? (Little rocket stove pizza ovens) They're pretty cheap and crank out really solid pizza.

Ever tried an Ooni? (Little rocket stove pizza ovens) They're pretty cheap and crank out really solid pizza.
I hadn't heard of them until your post BW, and :welcome: to my perpetual grow journal! From their website it looks like you need to be a pretty committed pizza maker to want to spend $400+ on something that just makes pizza. Not to mention needing to store it somewhere between uses and hook it up to a gas line or burn wood to power it.

I'd have to say it's well beyond what I'd be doing, but it sure looks cool!

I hadn't heard of them until your post BW, and :welcome: to my perpetual grow journal! From their website it looks like you need to be a pretty committed pizza maker to want to spend $400+ on something that just makes pizza. Not to mention needing to store it somewhere between uses and hook it up to a gas line or burn wood to power it.

I'd have to say it's well beyond what I'd be doing, but it sure looks cool!
I've got the smallest wood pellet fired one. Uses Traeger grill pellets ($20 bag is enough to make 100 or so pizzas). The whole thing folds up and comes apart, I can fit it and the bag of pellets in a storage bin in the garage. Also great for flame broiled burgers, fish, etc. We take it to the beach and cook pizzas in the bed of the truck.

Thanks for the welcome! I respect your grow skills and knowledge.

I've got the smallest wood pellet fired one. Uses Traeger grill pellets ($20 bag is enough to make 100 or so pizzas). The whole thing folds up and comes apart, I can fit it and the bag of pellets in a storage bin in the garage. Also great for flame broiled burgers, fish, etc. We take it to the beach and cook pizzas in the bed of the truck.

Thanks for the welcome! I respect your grow skills and knowledge.
Oh now I've gotta buy a truck too? LOL!

Glad to have you here BW, and I do appreciate the Ooni suggestion. It's just a bigger commitment than I'm up for. :thanks:

Thursday update! It's been days since I posted any pics, so here are few...

...starting with the still-droopy Jack Herer 1.1 clone that I transplanted last weekend:

It will take a while to work through all the moisture in the ProMix, but it seems to be growing okay. Still topping it this weekend.

How about the oft-missing Candida:

Still fits in the Oval, just. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And finally for today, the Doug's Varin from @Weed Seeds Express on flip day 8:

Still no pistils so I gave it another neem spray this morning figuring this will be the last. I'll move on to iso/water for a while, and I may bump the concentration up until I have trichomes to worry about. I'll test some higher concentrations on other plants to see how the leaves react and let you know what I find.

That's it for me! I hope the week has been going well for you and the weekend is coming into focus. Stay safe and be well. :peace:

That Candida is getting huge the DV is right behind her:thedoubletake: and we all know that JH 1.1 is going to take off and fill out this jungle scene. When do you bring in the big cats and zebras?

Beautiful as always shed.

Everything looking great Shed! If the Candida gets much bigger she will graduate from being a plant too a tree!

Are you spraying the neem and eventually the iso/water for preventative measures or are you battling some bugs right now?

Great looking update Shed! Hopefully I will be able to make space in my backyard shed so it can become my grow room. Being able to drag out plants for some natural sun, even in winter would be a wonderful sight to enjoy. Blessings dude!

The Candida is looking quite the picture, very nice!
Thanks Stunger! It's going to be time to do some root pruning on that 7 gallon ball so it will still be healthy when I flip it.
That Candida is getting huge the DV is right behind her and we all know that JH 1.1 is going to take off and fill out this jungle scene. When do you bring in the big cats and zebras?
Beautiful as always shed.
Big cats and zebras and weed, oh my. :) Thanks Nev!
Everything looking great Shed! If the Candida gets much bigger she will graduate from being a plant too a tree!
Are you spraying the neem and eventually the iso/water for preventative measures or are you battling some bugs right now?
Thanks N, it's on the verge of hedge now!

I'm trying to get in the habit of regular IPM because I'm sure there are aphids somewhere in there I just haven't seen yet.
That's so Kool just growing out in the front yard. But I never been inside a Despensary ether lmao.
It's the backyard 7D2! It's not legal if folks can see them. :cheesygrinsmiley: I've been in a dispensary but it was years ago when I was buying CBD oil from them.
How lush Candida and Ms Varin are! Wonder why Ms Herer is still feeling a lil low in the leaf?
Thanks Otter! The ProMix I used to transplant the JH was wet from the rain, so it's still got wet feet. I'm hoping a string of warm days will help dry it out. Either way it gets topped this weekend. :snip:
Great looking update Shed! Hopefully I will be able to make space in my backyard shed so it can become my grow room. Being able to drag out plants for some natural sun, even in winter would be a wonderful sight to enjoy. Blessings dude!
Thank you Baked! It's great to be able to take advantage of the sun out here, but I also schlep them in and out twice a day because it's cold at night (and 99% RH). It's just how my growing evolved and I've stuck with it.

Back
Top Bottom