InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

the thc vapes look like they aren't going to get approval for legal sale here. it's all been underground sales.

even the regular non thc ones here are under piles of scrutiny. sale is starting to get restricted to very few places, depending on the province. about half of the vape shops have gone bankrupt so far.

Little ones look great Shed! Beautiful day out when you took the shots looks like spring there! Do you keep them outside during the day to soak up some rays or is it too cold for that?

the thc vapes look like they aren't going to get approval for legal sale here. it's all been underground sales.

even the regular non thc ones here are under piles of scrutiny. sale is starting to get restricted to very few places, depending on the province. about half of the vape shops have gone bankrupt so far.
Weird that they approve cannabis nationwide but not one of the ways to use it.
Little ones look great Shed! Beautiful day out when you took the shots looks like spring there! Do you keep them outside during the day to soak up some rays or is it too cold for that?
Thanks N! They're outside from around 9am to 4pm every day that the sun is out. Being in Los Angeles, the sun provides enough radiant heat to warm the plants even when the air temps are just in the high 50s. We're getting a stretch of Santa Ana winds lately so it's been pretty warm generally, but the RH has been in the low 30s. :eek: It's messing with my drying process for the Durban and Colombian!

When it's overcast the plants spend the day on the heat mat under the 23w 6500K CFL.

In a nutshell, it turns out that the 200 proof Extractohol uses methanol to get the ethanol from 190 to 200, with no mention of that on the bottle or their website. So while doing the extraction in my kitchen with the windows and doors open, I suffered methanol toxicity and was down for three and a half days. I really thought I was never going to recover, and have since developed what I guess is a type of PTSD from the experience. Even writing this I have sweaty palms, racing heart, and feelings of anxiety. I asked my wife to get rid of the stuff at the hazardous waste dump and can't even look at the equipment without feeling uneasy. I have difficulty falling asleep from thinking about it, and the smell of antiseptic hand wipes freaks me out.
Well thank goodness you're ok even if left with anxieties from it, hopefully they'll soon fade away. On the bright side, there so many ways to skin a cat when it comes to our favourite weed and you're good at a lot of them! :hookah:

Weird that they approve cannabis nationwide but not one of the ways to use it.

the thc vape crisis hit hard here. loads of white suburban teens dropping dead or getting severe uncurable lung damage.

when it hit white suburbia the gov't freaked and shit happened fast. they aren't gonna screw around with reliable voters. the fallout has taken the knees out of the whole industry, even threw a wet towel over the legal non thc ones.

They sell them in my province. We have pretty much everything at the shops. I never even heard there was issues.

Highya ITS,

So sorry to hear about the methane ordeal. I can't even imagine something so awful. Real glad you're away from it now and feeling a little better! I'm so glad I'm still satisfied with the bong. The Candida looks like a sativa with the thin leaves. All the babies are looking good. Happy Smokin'

They sell them in my province. We have pretty much everything at the shops. I never even heard there was issues.
here too. just fewer. the vape thing was a couple or more yrs ago. before covid. that's how time is measured now.

bc - before covid . ad - at last dammit.. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Glad to hear you're recovering ,Shed...Your experience may save others a lot of pain...

Your new little ladies are off to a great start, and they're
just going to get better from here on in!

The Tin Can Kush 1 and 2 and the Red Dragon are all on day 10, and the TCK3 and Candida are on day 8. They are all getting 1g/gal of MC except the TCK3.

Why isn't TCK3 getting 1g/gal of MC? Candida is on day 8, too.

Moving on to something more personal, I want and don't want to talk about the QWET-to-cart project some of you have been following and probably wondering what happened to it. I've called it off and the reason is really difficult for me to reflect on. I'll plow through this but I don't want to get into a back and forth for what will become obvious reasons.

In a nutshell, it turns out that the 200 proof Extractohol uses methanol to get the ethanol from 190 to 200, with no mention of that on the bottle or their website. So while doing the extraction in my kitchen with the windows and doors open, I suffered methanol toxicity and was down for three and a half days. I really thought I was never going to recover, and have since developed what I guess is a type of PTSD from the experience. Even writing this I have sweaty palms, racing heart, and feelings of anxiety. I asked my wife to get rid of the stuff at the hazardous waste dump and can't even look at the equipment without feeling uneasy. I have difficulty falling asleep from thinking about it, and the smell of antiseptic hand wipes freaks me out.

So I doubt that I will be able to even try to use regular 190 proof ethanol even though it would be much safer. So for that reason (and with apologies to @GetIspire ) I can't continue to create solvent extract to test the carts and batteries with. Maybe I'll find space for a press sometime and see if there is a way to use that in carts, but in the meantime that pursuit is dead.

Thanks to Ispire for sending me all the cool products, and I know my son is enjoying the batteries with his pre-filled carts from other vendors.

I hope everyone's weekend went well, and that you all have heat, electricity, and your health. Stay safe. :peace:

OMG, Shed! What a horrible experience. It's too bad you don't use cannabis yourself because CBD would really help with the mental after effects. Do you use your topicals? You could try applying it to your neck, forehead and belly button (as per SS's direction). It could help ease some of the anxiety. :hug:

I’m going to guess that TCK3 isn’t getting MC yet because she doesn’t have her second set of true leaves? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Cool! Thanks!

:thanks:

So glad to hear you're okay, Shed. :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom