InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

My wife is really more of a I-don't-have-any-more-room-for-weed-canisters person, so whatever fits in the cookie tin of dank is what gets smoked. To add the Chocolope and Power Plant, something else would have to get the boot, and she's not there yet.

I do not. I gave up getting high around 1981. The reasons behind never going back to it would be better taken up with a shrink than here. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Well. You are a good man to be providing an EXCELLENT supply of delicious weed!

Har! (LOL). I gave up taking acid in 1981 (second time ever) after ending up on the roof of Evergreen State College as many police cars entered the plaza. I did laugh my ass off....which didn't help. And I do get not ever going back. So... :high-five:

Just an update shot of the new sprouts still in their first week above ground:

Well. You are a good man to be providing an EXCELLENT supply of delicious weed! Har! (LOL). I gave up taking acid in 1981 (second time ever) after ending up on the roof of Evergreen State College as many police cars entered the plaza. I did laugh my ass off....which didn't help. And I do get not ever going back. So... :high-five:
I should really take a year off from growing to try to get through some of the backlog. And good for you to be able to make a mature decision at that young age!
Congrats on the babies, and the DP Shed.
Thanks Carmen!
Had to know one of us immature idiots would go there.
That joke got made when I first planted it, and have tried to call it Durban Poison ever since to prevent exactly that! :)

Y'all must be on small screens to have missed this:
20210218_085352 spring 5c.jpg

Hey Shed! I’m new here and have been reading your posts over the last few days. I got like 50 pages in and then somehow got shuffled back to the first page, and couldn’t figure out how to get back to the middle easily! Anyways just wanted to say great post and thanks for sharing all the info and pictures!

Hey Shed! I’m new here and have been reading your posts over the last few days. I got like 50 pages in and then somehow got shuffled back to the first page, and couldn’t figure out how to get back to the middle easily! Anyways just wanted to say great post and thanks for sharing all the info and pictures!
Hi Tommy and :welcome: to my grow journal! Reading this from the beginning isn't something I even expect my heirs to do after I die, so I certainly don't recommend it to anyone else! :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm just starting a new grow so you've stopped by at a good time if you like to go start to finish.

Feel free to ask any questions you think of and I'm sure the great folks here will get you an answer. :ciao:

I got like 50 pages in and then somehow got shuffled back to the first page, and couldn’t figure out how to get back to the middle easily!
At the top and bottom of each page, between where it has the page numbers, you will see ... If you click on the three dots, a box pops up that lets you enter a specific page number that you'd like to jump to.

At the top and bottom of each page, between where it has the page numbers, you will see ... If you click on the three dots, a box pops up that lets you enter a specific page number that you'd like to jump to.
Thanks farside! That's exactly what I meant when I said "great folks here will get you an answer." :)
ROFL @farside05

nice babies shed, grats on the 5/5. Always feels good. (‘Specially when you’re on the last seed)
Thanks Chef! I was a bit worried about that last Candida. Now I can just worry about getting the STS to work. :nervous-guy:

Damn did Shed put the brakes on ?? Been since Sat. no play
Sorry sb, been around the site but not here! Not much happening in my grow at the moment.

So how about a Monday update? Of course!

Here is the satellite aerial view of the babies this morning (labeled so you don't have to remember from last time :) ):

Here is the flyover/oblique aerial:

The Tin Can Kush 1 and 2 and the Red Dragon are all on day 10, and the TCK3 and Candida are on day 8. They are all getting 1g/gal of MC except the TCK3.

Red Dragon is getting some nice growth on:

And check out the roots:

TCK 1 and 2 both have similar root growth.

And here is a closeup of the Candida, which has skinnier leaves than my first two Candidas:

Could this be the sativa leaning pheno? I hope @Amy Gardner can tell me when it gets older!

Moving on to something more personal, I want and don't want to talk about the QWET-to-cart project some of you have been following and probably wondering what happened to it. I've called it off and the reason is really difficult for me to reflect on. I'll plow through this but I don't want to get into a back and forth for what will become obvious reasons.

In a nutshell, it turns out that the 200 proof Extractohol uses methanol to get the ethanol from 190 to 200, with no mention of that on the bottle or their website. So while doing the extraction in my kitchen with the windows and doors open, I suffered methanol toxicity and was down for three and a half days. I really thought I was never going to recover, and have since developed what I guess is a type of PTSD from the experience. Even writing this I have sweaty palms, racing heart, and feelings of anxiety. I asked my wife to get rid of the stuff at the hazardous waste dump and can't even look at the equipment without feeling uneasy. I have difficulty falling asleep from thinking about it, and the smell of antiseptic hand wipes freaks me out.

So I doubt that I will be able to even try to use regular 190 proof ethanol even though it would be much safer. So for that reason (and with apologies to @GetIspire ) I can't continue to create solvent extract to test the carts and batteries with. Maybe I'll find space for a press sometime and see if there is a way to use that in carts, but in the meantime that pursuit is dead.

Thanks to Ispire for sending me all the cool products, and I know my son is enjoying the batteries with his pre-filled carts from other vendors.

I hope everyone's weekend went well, and that you all have heat, electricity, and your health. Stay safe. :peace:

That’s awesome! That’s so helpful as that’s not the first time that had happened to me. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom