InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I was going to post this photo in your random dump thread but I can't find it so I hope this is okay.

happy-valentines-friendship-day.jpg

I think its not really, technically, a new “strain” until it’s kind of stable. Until then, it’s just a cross and that’s why breeders put out crosses just called ??? x ??? with the 2 parents‘ names, because thats what it is. It hasn’t been selected for or refined at all.
Thanks! That’s a great explanation.

Thanks! That’s a great explanation.
:high-five:

I’m sure there’s all sorts of variations on that theme tho, and plenty of firsttime crosses given names etc. - for fun or for sale. That’s just one(my) take on it. Usually you see serious/longtime breeders will say where something is, in the chain of breeding events, if they release named F1 crosses that are yet to undergo selection.

GG#4 x THC Bomb x Sour Diesel?
Yes but was it (GG#4 x THC Bomb) x Sour Diesel? Or GG#4 x (THC Bomb x Sour Diesel)? Or, ... :rofl: Seriously tho, that’s the kind of stuff I actually really like to know, if it’s possible! :nerd-with-glasses:

Nice Durban hatvest results. More than 5oz is always respectebla for a plant in a pot that you can carry around, even if it is your lowest. It’s a great don’t-bother-trying-to-do-anything-practical kind of toke - for me anyway. Good social times.

I had tails on all three Golden Goat x Tahoe OG reg seeds
So, I was wondering something. From what I can find, the GG is 70% sativa & 30% indica. The Tahoe OG is listed as 90% indica and 10% sativa. How do you determine what the TCK will be? Do you add the indica percentages together and then divide by 2, and then the same with the sativa’s, to give the TCK’s a 60% indica 40% sativa blend? Or is it more complicated than that?

Congrats on your recent harvests, Shed, and I'm looking forward to watching the new ones develop.:)
Let me start with the harvest weight for the Colombian Gold that was at 62% RH this morning:
That's 211g (7.44 ounces), which at 141 days above ground gets me to 1.5g/day. I guess that's okay for a cold-weather grow!
That seems pretty darn good to me!
Durban Poison settled to 62% overnight, so let's post the final weight for the Sunday update:
That's 161g / 5.68 oz, which works out to a mere 1.1g/day, which is definitely one of my lowest.
Still seems pretty good to me!
Do you add the indica percentages together and then divide by 2, and then the same with the sativa’s, to give the TCK’s a 60% indica 40% sativa blend?
That's how I would do it.

How do you determine what the TCK will be?
I keep picking up your questions here D - hope that’s ok :)

I don’t think we can determine.

Genetic expression determines, and we find out!

The breeders/seed makers may know if it’s likely to lean more heavily towards one parent or another (but only because they have grown lots of them out). EG - when katsubluebird released his pre ‘98 Bubba Kush crosses he made a point of saying that most of them will lean fairly heavily to the Bubba side, except the Sour Bubba, which leans more towards the Sour Diesel. But he couldn’t really predict that. He had to grow a whole lot and find out.

Genetic expressions.

Like in humans- some genetic traits might be ‘stronger’ (more dominant) and more likely to push through than others... like blue eyes, or red-headedness. I assume it’s kinda similar.

I was in the 9th grade with a guy that had green eyes, red hair, freckles and huge ears.

He was an truly an F1. I can still see his face to this day! :Rasta:

Yes but was it (GG#4 x THC Bomb) x Sour Diesel? Or GG#4 x (THC Bomb x Sour Diesel)? Or, ... :rofl: Seriously tho, that’s the kind of stuff I actually really like to know, if it’s possible! :nerd-with-glasses:
I might be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure that the syntax is what dictates what was crossed with what. X x Y means Y was the male. So the way I read that sour G parentage, GG4 was the original female pollinated by a THC bomb male (or reversal). The resulting offspring were hit with Sour D pollen. I’m fairly certain that’s a universal syntax.

All seeds have broken through (well the Candida is about to) so they're all in solo cups now. Pics tomorrow!

I was going to post this photo in your random dump thread but I can't find it so I hope this is okay.
Thanks HG! For future reference, it's here:
:thanks:
Yes but was it (GG#4 x THC Bomb) x Sour Diesel? Or GG#4 x (THC Bomb x Sour Diesel)? Or, ... Seriously tho, that’s the kind of stuff I actually really like to know, if it’s possible!
I don't think I have that info anywhere, and the breeder is no longer on the site (his thread is locked and unsearchable and even his user name is gone), so it will remain a mystery.
Good social times.
"Social" sounds like a vaguely familiar word...can you use it by itself without being followed by "distancing"? :hmmmm:
Nice harvest weight Shed and Looks delish. !!
Thanks sb!
So, I was wondering something. From what I can find, the GG is 70% sativa & 30% indica. The Tahoe OG is listed as 90% indica and 10% sativa. How do you determine what the TCK will be? Do you add the indica percentages together and then divide by 2, and then the same with the sativa’s, to give the TCK’s a 60% indica 40% sativa blend? Or is it more complicated than that?
I'd say it's more complicated than that as Amy described below.
Congrats on your recent harvests, Shed, and I'm looking forward to watching the new ones develop.
Thanks BL! I'm sure any harvest you don't need to trim is a good one in your book. :cheesygrinsmiley:
That seems pretty darn good to me!
Thanks!
Still seems pretty good to me!
LOL thanks again!
That's how I would do it.
It would be nice if it were that easy. :(
I keep picking up your questions here D - hope that’s ok
Okay by me! :thanks: Amy. :)
I don’t think we can determine. Genetic expression determines, and we find out!
Indeed! I just went with that cross because it seemed like a reasonable replacement to another hit-or-miss one-off hybrid.
I was in the 9th grade with a guy that had green eyes, red hair, freckles and huge ears. He was an truly an F1. I can still see his face to this day!
We're going to need something from the yearbook. :cheesygrinsmiley:
It’s fine with me. I appreciate your detailed & informative responses.
Me too!
I might be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure that the syntax is what dictates what was crossed with what. X x Y means Y was the male. So the way I read that sour G parentage, GG4 was the original female pollinated by a THC bomb male (or reversal). The resulting offspring were hit with Sour D pollen. I’m fairly certain that’s a universal syntax.
Thanks Chef, and that very well may be, but for it to be accurate here it would mean not only that they came to me with that accuracy in the description but also that I'm remembering them in the correct order! Still a crap shoot ;).

:thumb:

can you use it by itself without being followed by "distancing"? :hmmmm:
:rofl:

Thanks Boo! Anything between the 10th and the 20th works for me ;). :sorry: about your power being out. There an advantage of autoflowers!

Tuesday baby update starts....now.

Sunday night I picked up the TCK3 peat puck and it had a big tap root, so I dug around on top and found the sprout kinda twisted. I left it alone but put a bit of loose peat back on top to protect it from the light until it was ready, and by Monday morning it had come up with a bit of a twist. I also saw the bend of the Candida poking out:

I planted the TCK3 Monday morning, and here is the tap root.

I pulled it away from the peat with a pencil before I put it in the solo cup. And of course, I removed the peat cover!

I waited until there was a bit more of the Candida showing, and planted that in the afternoon. Here they all are this morning:

Here is the curl in the TCK3. I hope it gets straight, 'cause we don't want no bent one:

The Candida is doing its unfurling best:

And the Red Dragon is already working on its second set of true leaves!

They live in the sun all day and move back under the CFL for warmth when the sun dips behind the house next door.

I hope your weekend went well and you are not suffering terribly under the huge frost wall moving across the country. Stay safe and warm! :peace:

Highya ITS,

Congratulations on 5 new babies!! Nice job on presenting them! Gotta see what Tin Can Kush is all about! Happy Smokin'

Hi Shed, beautiful pics of your little ones! That's living color!
Thanks otter! They got that natural green going on. It should hold until @Mr. Sauga ships me another jar of his paint. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Highya ITS, Congratulations on 5 new babies!! Nice job on presenting them! Gotta see what Tin Can Kush is all about! Happy Smokin'
Tin Can Kush is a name that otter came up with for a Golden Goat x Tahoe OG Kush cross that another member here sent me! The description of the parents is halfway into this post.

Looks like they're off to a great start! :high-five: That Red Dragon looks really healthy, which is encouraging because I have one (as a freebie) that is a couple years old. I'm tentatively putting it this season's line-up.

All the babies are looking good and are off to a great start! Like Otter said nice job on the photos, it’s pretty tough to get nice clear shots of babies!

Back
Top Bottom